Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,845

    Default VIDEO: "Young Justice," "Green Lantern" Return, "Amethyst" Debuts

    DC Nation's "Young Justice: Invasion" and "Green Lantern" returns on January 5 along with new shorts starring Amethyst and Thunder & Lightning, and Cartoon Network has released new clips and images from all of them!


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    DC Nation's "Young Justice: Invasion" and "Green Lantern" returns on January 5 along with new shorts starring Amethyst and Thunder & Lightning, and Cartoon Network has released new clips and images from all of them!


    Full article here.
    Curse you, work computer!!
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  3. #3
    Professional Worrywort Kyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United Slavery States
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Wait...the new shorts have nothing to do with DCU heroes? That's disappointing.
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

  4. #4
    Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    985

    Default

    Actually, they do. There was a pair of sisters calling themselves Thunder and Lightning who were the daughters of Black Lightning, a longstanding DC hero, with Thunder introduced in Judd Winick's Outsiders and Lightning introduced in the post-Infinite Crisis Justice Society of America comics. As for Amethyst, she's also a DC property, at least now, anyway, and DC is publishing her monthly comic as of the last couple of months or so.
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

  5. #5
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin Spider View Post
    Actually, they do. There was a pair of sisters calling themselves Thunder and Lightning who were the daughters of Black Lightning, a longstanding DC hero, with Thunder introduced in Judd Winick's Outsiders and Lightning introduced in the post-Infinite Crisis Justice Society of America comics. As for Amethyst, she's also a DC property, at least now, anyway, and DC is publishing her monthly comic as of the last couple of months or so.
    Weren't these supposed to be done earlier but postponed? I think I sqaw them in some promo stuff.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin Spider View Post
    Actually, they do. There was a pair of sisters calling themselves Thunder and Lightning who were the daughters of Black Lightning, a longstanding DC hero, with Thunder introduced in Judd Winick's Outsiders and Lightning introduced in the post-Infinite Crisis Justice Society of America comics. As for Amethyst, she's also a DC property, at least now, anyway, and DC is publishing her monthly comic as of the last couple of months or so.

    Thanks for the info. I'm ignorant to DCU heroes. I thought they were original characters. I think it's a great idea to introduce and develop b list characters. The Thunder & Lightning clip was the best one. Looking forward to seeing it.

  7. #7
    Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm ignorant to DCU heroes. I thought they were original characters. I think it's a great idea to introduce and develop b list characters. The Thunder & Lightning clip was the best one. Looking forward to seeing it.
    You're welcome, and it is a pretty good idea to introduce more characters that haven't gotten as much spotlight or development in past mass media adaptations as others. As great as Superman and Batman are, the whole of the DC Universe shouldn't be reduced to piggybacking on them.
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

  8. #8
    Senior Member PretenderNX01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Weren't these supposed to be done earlier but postponed? I think I sqaw them in some promo stuff.
    Yes. Both shorts were supposed to be on when these GL and YJ episodes were originally supposed to be on.

    Everything got delayed by Cartoon Network reasons only Cartoon Network actually knows.

  9. #9
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Yes. Both shorts were supposed to be on when these GL and YJ episodes were originally supposed to be on.

    Everything got delayed by Cartoon Network reasons only Cartoon Network actually knows.
    I hope that they're on Youtube...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  10. #10

    Default

    I seriously think that DC Comics/ WB Animation need to make the Amethyst Princess of Gemworld shorts long than than two measly. At least make it four minutes long.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •