Default Is Haunt a part of the Image superhero universe?

The same one that contains Invincible, SuperPatriot, Savage Dragon , etc etc?

I'm only wondering because I haven't caught up to the present day in the superhero books but so far it doesn't seem like Haunt mingles into the other universe.

I mean I assume he is, but has there been any sort of cameo made by him or vice versa? Just been wondering for a while, thanks!

If Haunt wasnt before... he will be now seeing as how Haunt was cancelled and he will now be appearing in Spawn.

haha oh i hadn't heard. that's unfortunate, I really liked Haunt.

Well, I've only read the first 3 TPBs by Kirkman and that left on a pretty cool cliffhanger. I heard the new writers took the book in a completely new direction but I didn't think it'd eventually get to the point of cancellation - and so soon.

Did it really lose that much flare after Kirkman and Capullo left?

I think it was losing steam before Capullo and Kirkman left... It actually lasted 4 issues longer than I thought it would after them leaving.

The delays didnt help any. McFarlane has said hes looking at bringing it back after making setting up some changes in Spawn. Presumably it will get a new team, if not be written by McFarlane himself.

Haunt most likely takes place in the same universe as Spawn (iirc Todd confirmed this in a letters page, all the more likely now.) but whether or not its part of the wider Image U is tricky.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 01-03-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

This doesn't sound like a bad thing..

Todd: I am looking to retool the book and make it more creepy. I want the word HAUNT to be much more meaningful to the impact of the stories in the future. I can introduce some new ideas for the book within the pages of SPAWN then bring the title back out again.

The book had potential, it had the dark overtones that i liked about some of the books they put out in the 90's, it just needed its own identity on top of that and a lead that wasn't more annoying than Taylor Swift, it also needed to be creepier. So if Todd can re-tool Haunt in Spawn, make the lead actually interesting rather than annoying, apply a thick layer of creepiness, and give it something new to work with, "season 2" or "volume 2" of Haunt could actually be a HUGE improvement.

Oh and the above quote is from Bleeding Edge.

Idk, that just sounds like the same direction Spawn has been taken in. Whilst thats not intrinsically bad, id like to see a bit of variety.
    Plus i was enjoying Caseys run. I felt his Daniel was much more likable and whilst he made Kurt a complete dick, that made him interesting. He had almost no personality under Kirkman. I enjoyed the greater conflict between the brothers after 19.

I didn't mind Daniel at all after the first Haunt TPB, where he was kind of too self-loathing and his then-current role as a priest only added to that. By Volume 3 I felt he had finally come into his own.

I honestly don't see why McFarlane always has to gothify his books. Over the years, Spawn has become far less appealing to me for those reasons. I thought this was a fine straight up action hero comic with the perfect blend of the dark atmosphere. Again, I haven't read any of the series that wasn't written by Kirkman so if the newer writers really took the wind out of the sails that much I can't blame him for taking a different approach but it just seems crazy to think they did to that extent.

I'll need to get volume 4 soon to see what's up haha.