Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default FIRST LOOK: Tony Daniel's "Batman Incorporated" #7 Variant Cover

DC Comics has provided CBR with an exclusive first look at Tony Daniel's variant cover for "Batman Incorporated" #7, written by Grant Morrison with art by Chris Burnham.

Full article here.

I miss the Daniel from RIP. Ever since he changed his style, I'm just not feeling it anymore.

Kinda digging that Burnham cover, though...

Great cover. Never mind that Tony posted this three months ago on his Facebook ha

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Never mind that Tony posted this three months ago on his Facebook ha
    Was about to say.

First Robin,second Batman nightwing1124's Avatar

When I heard tony was "doing something big in 2013", I hoped it would be bigger than variant covers. Is he doing anything else You guys know of?

BANNED

Action Comics with Andy Diggle.

I like both covers. I might pick up the variant
    Currently reading: Flash Vol. 2 18-61, 230-Flashpoint; Hawkeye Vol. 1; New X-men Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by nightwing1124 View Post
    When I heard tony was "doing something big in 2013", I hoped it would be bigger than variant covers. Is he doing anything else You guys know of?
    It's only been 2013 for 3 days chill out man

He's so much better than burnham. With a different artist I might have kept the title

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bl00mberg View Post
    He's so much better than burnham. With a different artist I might have kept the title
    I'm not gonna trash on Tony or anything, but Burnham is greater artist, overall. Tony does great with muscled super heroes, but it takes more than that to tell a story. Burnham tells the story. You don't want to get caught up in that 90s mentality of Muscles=better art.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverYoung8 View Post
    I miss the Daniel from RIP. Ever since he changed his style, I'm just not feeling it anymore.
    I'm the opposite. Ever since he changed his style, I've been digging his work. All he has to do for now on is to never ever write again.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I'm the opposite. Ever since he changed his style, I've been digging his work. All he has to do for now on is to never ever write again.
    i'm with this guy! :D

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Really? His art now is great but I don't think it tops his art during the Batman RIP storyline with Morrison. I did love his small 2 issue stint on Justice League though.

I don't know why he changed it.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "Tt..You can't just build a boat and hope darkness magically sails away with it."

"Why not? It's my boat."

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    I know he wanted to experiment with inking his own stuff, which started out when he did those RIP "lost" chapters with Morrison in 700-702, then I think it got really out of hand with his Batman arc afterwards, because self inking also apparently meant that everyone's body mass doubled. He drew a great Dick Grayson as Batman in Life After Death, but then his Dick looked way too muscular, and Bruce looked like the damn Hulk.

Now he's back to others inking his stuff, and it really just all depends on whose doing what. I always thought Sandu Florea inked him best, but apparently I don't know crap, as he started to use Ryan Winn, went back to Sandu, now it seems Richard Friend will be doing his inking.
    Last edited by FHIZ; 01-07-2013 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    Really? His art now is great but I don't think it tops his art during the Batman RIP storyline with Morrison. I did love his small 2 issue stint on Justice League though.

Honestly, having just reread RIP, his artwork is really nothing spectular. It's very average looking comic book art with really nothing standing out about it. Its the kind of work that if you put in a line up with other bland artists, you wouldn't be able to pick it apart from others.

At least now, he's a particular look and feel to it so that you can distinguish it from other art.