Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

am i supposed to post there now oro over here? who caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares feats
    she fights no one anyway

It kind of lost credibility a little when the author speculated that the bracelets gave WW incredible powers before nu52. the only thing I can think of is that maybe he was a little confused with the TV show, where her BELT gave her powers.

Also, given that we've seen only 1 instance of the "God Mode" and never referenced of mentioned (in the book) again I would not jump to any conclusions just yet. So far, Azzarello's take has been seen only in his book and there hasn't been any indication of it being status quo across the other appearances in other books.

Azz has kept her powers vague. She is as strong as he wants her to be, and when she needs more, he comes up with the god-mode contrivance.

Maybe later on, Hephaestus can have a invisible plane come out of her bracelets.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    It kind of lost credibility a little when the author speculated that the bracelets gave WW incredible powers before nu52. the only thing I can think of is that maybe he was a little confused with the TV show, where her BELT gave her powers.
    Author's name is actually Sarah. Anyways, it's probably more due to the JL/JLU cartoon where Diana stole the suit, bracelets included before venturing into to the outside world, a later episode revealed she had spent most of her time with the suit actually being inactive, to activate it Hippolyta touched/pressed the star on the tiara and it and the bracelets lit up.
    Last edited by Outside_85; 01-03-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Azz has kept her powers vague. She is as strong as he wants her to be, and when she needs more, he comes up with the god-mode contrivance.

Maybe later on, Hephaestus can have a invisible plane come out of her bracelets.
    I laugh so hard at your comment, but it's possible. lol

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post

Why does swords and planes popping out of her bracelets remind me of Planetary?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Why does swords and planes popping out of her bracelets remind me of Planetary?
    Azz should have used the concept of the tiara being able to cut anything magically and let it morph to various weapons. The bracelet can act as shield since it's purpose is to block any projectile as well as emit lighting since it was taken from the Aegis of Zues that was given to Athena.
    Last edited by AmazonPrincess; 01-03-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmazonPrincess View Post
    Azz should have used the concept of the tiara being able to cut anything magically and let it morph to various weapons. The bracelet can act as shield since it's purpose is to block any projectile as well as emit lighting since it was taken from the Aegis of Zues that was given to Athena.
    The lightning concept, as far as I know, was only recently introduced in the Gail Simone era, and it was never really explained if Diana could control it, or if it was another contrivance of the writer to get out of sticky situations. That was one dangling plot thread that never got resolved before the reboot.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

In the recent issue of Justice League we see her and Superman teaming up to lift a super-carrier that is being pushed by a giant wave into Metropolis. Assuming it is the size of the Nimitz it would mass just over 100 000 tons. Add to that the weight of the water pushing it and you are looking at somewhere between 200 and 300 thousand tons. Clearly it is taking them an enormous effort. If DC has kept the long standing idea that she has 99% of Clark's strength that means she can push herself and bench about 150 000 tons.

Azzarello's Wonder Woman shows nowhere near that level of strength. She has to use 'god-mode' to out class Artemis [the goddess]. Presumably that means if she now took the cuffs off in Justice League she would be stronger than Superman.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

BANNED

Shouldn't be much effort on Superman's part. He held up the equivalent of the weight of the Earth for five days--away from sunlight, mind you--in Superman #13. Of course, Superman and Wonder Woman would have had to take into consideration that they couldn't just catch the carrier all willy-nilly. Just as Superman has to be careful when catching falling airplanes due to passengers onboard, they would have had to do the same with the carrier.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

How about sun-dipped Superman v.s God-Mode Wonder Woman?

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    Shouldn't be much effort on Superman's part. He held up the equivalent of the weight of the Earth for five days--away from sunlight, mind you--in Superman #13. Of course, Superman and Wonder Woman would have had to take into consideration that they couldn't just catch the carrier all willy-nilly. Just as Superman has to be careful when catching falling airplanes due to passengers onboard, they would have had to do the same with the carrier.
    If you're going to bring physics into it the whole thing just falls down. Neither of them could do what you see them doing in the issue because there is no way the superstructure of the carrier would allow for it. They would smash through the deck.

Five days carrying the weight of the planet. Yes, I see that is the case. Sorry, that just sounds like a complete fan-wank.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    If you're going to bring physics into it the whole thing just falls down. Neither of them could do what you see them doing in the issue because there is no way the superstructure of the carrier would allow for it. They would smash through the deck.

Five days carrying the weight of the planet. Yes, I see that is the case. Sorry, that just sounds like a complete fan-wank.

It's all good to me. I prefer a Superman who can be as strong as he needs to be. If that means pushing planets, bring that shit on.

BANNED

double post