Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by KavalSorcery View Post
    Didn't he manage to out wit and out fox Reed Richards and Tony Stark during his big prep to nuke the planet's ozone layer? I remember him having to steal stuff out of the baxter building and forcing stark into some kind of death confrontation after an old grudge.
    Sure, Otto with months of one-sided prep did great against an unknowing and unsuspecting Reed and an unprepped Stark. Otto isn't coming out ahead against either of those guys with equal prep - not even close. Against Stark, specifically, Otto had tons of one-sided prep and a nuke set to detonate over NYC if Stark didn't work on a cure for Otto's illness or if Stark even activated his armor. And even THAT was stupid pettiness on Otto's part - Stark admitted himself that he wasn't the best person to call for a medical situation, but Otto really wanted to humiliate Stark for imagined slights when they were both at MIT. To be honest, the story didn't make any sense at all.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Otto, so moved by a mixture of his own partially-repressed self-loathing and the shock of experiencing an entire secondary set of life experience in a handful of seconds, then vowed to be a Spiderman way better than Peter Parker ever was.
    Fixed that for you.

All of my what. Just all of it.
    This actually seems kinda fun, though I have been considering the original incarnation of Spiderman effectively dead ever since OMD anyhow.

Weirdly, Ock seems to have the pre-retcon memory set, going by this (paraphrased) exchange:

Otto: "I think we should give it another go, supermodel ex-wife."

Mary Jane: "Yeah, okay."

*Tears off shirt and sees Spidey costume*

Otto: "Why are you stopping?"

Mary Jane: "You... You're Spiderman!"

Otto: "...Yes? You already know that. Why are you stopping?"
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

I don't see how Spidey-Ock, even with a month prep, deals with the speed of Supes and Flash, in particular. nuWW hasn't displayed speed feats equal to her previous incarnation IIRC. Unless he can duplicate Captain Cold's aura of slow or whatever that is, which I doubt, it's a JLA stomp. And I like underdog matches. I could see it if he had access to intel re: Captain Cold and could capture him and replicate his ability but he wouldn't have that from Marvel U, or even know of Captain Cold. They don't have to deal with tons of superspeedsters in Marvel U. So, JLA 10 Spidey-Ock 0

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    This actually seems kinda fun, though I have been considering the original incarnation of Spiderman effectively dead ever since OMD anyhow.

Weirdly, Ock seems to have the pre-retcon memory set, going by this (paraphrased) exchange:

Otto: "I think we should give it another go, supermodel ex-wife."

Mary Jane: "Yeah, okay."

*Tears off shirt and sees Spidey costume*

Otto: "Why are you stopping?"

Mary Jane: "You... You're Spiderman!"

Otto: "...Yes? You already know that. Why are you stopping?"
    I really hope they don't go down that "superior spidey and mj are together now" road. It's just really creepy and pretty much rape by deception.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    I really hope they don't go down that "superior spidey and mj are together now" road. It's just really creepy and pretty much rape by deception.
    Ultimate Wolverine'll sue.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

The other thread on this got me thinking:

Neither NuSupes nor even NuFlash have anything like confirmed lightspeed reaction time AFAIK.

This is one-sided prep. Assuming something like 6 months or a year of prep...

Otto can make some ridiculously powerful AoE energy projectors (call 'em lasers, call 'em what you want - stuff powerful enough to fry the world), and, see the line above, see the arena with traps set to fire said AoE projectors at the bell. There is no reason at all that they couldn't fire in the nanosecond after the bell - faster than NuSupes and NuFlash have shown to react thus far (AFAIK).

So the question becomes, can NuSupes resist Ock's one-sided-prep, fires-at-the-bell AoE energy projection tech? He might be able to - but I haven't seen the feat from him yet that explicitly shows that level. I haven't read the last several issues of Superman or JL though, so there might be something.

Superman does have the 'read all medical texts in five minutes' (silly Morrison), which is more like 'read all medical texts in one library' when you get right down to it.

Flash, to my knowledge, only has the going from Central City to Metropolis instantly, which would put him at... 3 to 4 digits mach speedster or something? Too early to think. He also does run circle around Superman at one point.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

This might be the usual misjudgement on my part, but isn't Pete smarter than Ock by a fair degree?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    This might be the usual misjudgement on my part, but isn't Pete smarter than Ock by a fair degree?
    He's certainly a hell of a lot less arrogant!

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Neither NuSupes nor even NuFlash have anything like confirmed lightspeed reaction time AFAIK.
    But neither of them need to be lightspeed though. Or really anywhere close. Pretty sure Flash can at least do things like run across a city in the blink of an eye and Supes wasn't a statue to him.

Otto can make some ridiculously powerful AoE energy projectors (call 'em lasers, call 'em what you want - stuff powerful enough to fry the world)
    Wait when did Doc Ock make world frying tech? What worlds did he fry? Or was it something like he says he can do that but is stopped before doing so?

There is no reason at all that they couldn't fire in the nanosecond after the bell - faster than NuSupes and NuFlash have shown to react thus far (AFAIK).
    Well has he ever made things that can fire off in nanoseconds? Last I checked Otto wasn't on the level of Reed or Doom where we could just handwave them not having a feat for a such a thing. Specifically has he made world frying aoe lasers that can fire off at nanosecond speeds?

Also if Otto is smart enough to do all that how is Spider-man not dead a billion times over by now? I guess it could be PIS, but if the dude is cooking up world frying tech and can create things to fire off at nanosecond speeds..that's more like an Avengers villain then a Spider-man villain.
    Last edited by Surtur; 01-04-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    But neither of them need to be lightspeed though. Or really anywhere close. Pretty sure Flash can at least do things like run across a city in the blink of an eye and Supes wasn't a statue to him.

Wait when did Doc Ock make world frying tech? What worlds did he fry? Or was it something like he says he can do that but is stopped before doing so?

Well has he ever made things that can fire off in nanoseconds? Last I checked Otto wasn't on the level of Reed or Doom where we could just handwave them not having a feat for a such a thing. Specifically has he made world frying aoe lasers that can fire off at nanosecond speeds?

Also if Otto is smart enough to do all that how is Spider-man not dead a billion times over by now? I guess it could be PIS, but if the dude is cooking up world frying tech and can create things to fire off at nanosecond speeds..that's more like an Avengers villain then a Spider-man villain.
    Otto is supposedly one of the MU's greatest minds when it comes to radiation. Reed had to consult him for help during the Byrne run. He also has some pretty impressive other tech feats.

As for why Spider-Man isn't dead, well yeah it's PIS. I think Doc Ock would make a great Avengers villain actually, he just happens to be a character who is generally stuck within the Spider books.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post
    Otto is supposedly one of the MU's greatest minds when it comes to radiation. Reed had to consult him for help during the Byrne run. He also has some pretty impressive other tech feats.

As for why Spider-Man isn't dead, well yeah it's PIS. I think Doc Ock would make a great Avengers villain actually, he just happens to be a character who is generally stuck within the Spider books.
    I'm willing to accept Spidey is only alive through the grace of God and terrible writing, but when did he fry a world with radiation? What tech feats does he have to suggest he can make it fire off in nanosecond speeds?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    To end the previous iteration of Spiderman, the 700th issue featured the culmination of a story arc wherein Peter Parker and Otto Octavias had switched bodies. Otto, being decrepit and dying of a brain tumour, was unwilling to give back Peter's body and so Peter, in Otto's body, died. Before he died though, he managed to do like a mind meld with Otto, giving him full access to all his memories and making it so he experienced them.

Otto, so moved by the purity and nobility of Peter's spirit, then vowed to be a Spiderman worthy of Peter Parker's memory.

Cue the launch of the new Superior Spiderman title with Doc Ock/Peter mind hybrid in Peter's body.

All of my what. Just all of it.
    Calling it now - it is eventually revealed that the Pete who got mind-switched and died was a clone.

At least tell me there is a comic where Ock has tentacles that fire off bursts of energy or radiation. That would be awesome. Especially if each tentacle had a different power sort of like a beholder's eyestalks.
    Last edited by Surtur; 01-04-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Well Barry did circle the earth six times when he was effected with Bane venom toxin.

http://www.abload.de/img/btdk6-2ajkjw.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/btdk6-3fnjcj.jpg

Don't know how well of a speed feat that is?