Default Megaman.EXE Vs Samus Aran

Yet another mega vs samus. In this fight though we use the arguably most powerful version of Megaman! Can THIS version stand up to the deadly bombshell known as Samus Aran? Let's discuss and find out in this episode of COMICBOOKRESOURCES RUMBLES!
    (I apologize in a advance for how lame that sounded)

Scenario 1: Megaman.EXE has all the chips showcased in the Battle network games available to him. Which allows him to be quite capable of all the program advances in the main series. (List of all the program advances:http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Program_Advance) He also has access to all the styles, souls, etc that was in the games. Including HuB style, bug styles, Cross system, Beast out system, Cross fusion with Lan, double souls, etc. All of them are useable. He has max stats to boot.

Samus has all of her upgrades and the best suit in the series.

Who wins this fight?

Scenario 2. Exactly the same as above but this time Samus has her manga feats.

Quite frankly in both scenarios I think Mega has this. With many of the program advance moves he can become intangible while using powerful attacks on her, can use devastating area attacks, can soak a lot of damage, and is quite fast himself. Combined with being able to use powerful barriers AND having moves that temporarily makes him immune to damage? I don't see Samus winning this. Even with Manga feats.
    Last edited by Cody; 01-03-2013 at 05:36 AM.

Screw the rules I have $$ Seto Kaiba's Avatar

Aren't most of what you outlined for Megaman just gameplay features as opposed to solid feats?

Though Megaman in the NT Warrior manga was a beast (literally in the last two volumes)

The same can be said for Samus. Thing is both do not have many concrete feats showcased in cutscenes. As it is we only know about what they can do via gameplay. Thus that is what we use.

...How exactly is game Megaman.EXE the most powerful version when the manga version is a(n arguably) lightspeed+ speedster with enough firepower to effortlessly blow up islands?
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    As it is we only know about what they can do via gameplay. Thus that is what we use.
    Oh, and no, we don't.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Gameplay feats are feats so long as they pass the usual tests, unless there's another rule I'm not aware of. Some things like battle abstractions don't make so much sense, but those things are pretty clearly wrong anyway - like Sephiroth blowing up an entire solar system when the whole plot of the game is based around him needing to amass enough power to put a dent in the planet - that pretty much falls under SvsFL anyway. Same goes for a lot of stuff that is only made possible by turn-based battle systems.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    ...How exactly is game Megaman.EXE the most powerful version when the manga version is a(n arguably) lightspeed+ speedster with enough firepower to effortlessly blow up islands?
    Well, thought I specified the game mega. I more or less gave him a composite feature like I did with Samus, as evident by me including Cross Fusion. If you want manga feats to be taken into consideration for him then fine. But it doesn't really change the outcome does it? I mean I figured he would win but I could of been wrong so I posted this to see if I was incorrect.

But when you mentioned his manga feats then I guess I was correct in my initial thoughts.

Game Megaman.EXE has basically no feats outside of gameplay mechanics, so no, he wouldn't win.

Well you can't say he would lose or win be default since we do not know what he was capable of. Other than what he can be equipped with. Same can be said with Samus since she has few feats outside of game mechanics and those she does have are inconsistent (such as her manga feats).

Reason I said that gameplay feats should take effect in this sole debate was because of what I said. Especially since what happened in my other megaman vs samus threads which devolved into having to use gameplay mechanics when it was decided samus can be invulnerable via screwattack. A game mechanic. So I figured since there are few lore feats for both of them. I may as well include gameplay stuff as well as what little lore we have on them. Thus, thread.

Especially with certain gameplay aspects actually spoken about in lore. Such as Program advance moves which most of which are spoken constantly throughout the entire series.
    Last edited by Cody; 01-05-2013 at 12:00 PM.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

The difference between Samus and Hub is that Samus's gameplay gives us a straightforward rundown of hr capabilities without outlining their precise limits, whilst Hub's.. Doesn't.

Trying to get usable combat information out of an elaborate trading card game played on a 9*18 grid is like trying to milk a Chicken.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

I'll also note that anyone claiming that Screw Attack makes you invincible in Rumbles is either joking or has gravely misunderstood how the rules work.

That's what I was thinking. Saito/Hubstyle was able to keep up with Bass, who was stated to move at lightspeed (or close to it at any point). And then he only got stronger from there. In the games, he was nowhere near that powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Saito/Hubstyle was able to keep up with Bass, who was stated to move at lightspeed (or close to it at any point)
    I said it was arguable because well...Protoman said that Bass was lightspeed. And while Protoman is generally fairly reliable in his exposition, he himself couldn't even see Bass move, so how did he know?

Not that it really matters, since Bass was, at the very least, in the high machs given that Protoman in his first appearance was clocked at Mach 7 and he had like a dozen additional power-ups (which explicitely made him faster each time) by that point. And even Mach 7 would be more than enough to blitz Samus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    And then he only got stronger from there.
    Sort of arguable. Hubstyle stopped being used because it was blocked by a plot device and while Serenade and Bass GS were shown to be more powerful, they didn't show any ability to blitz him after that point. (As far as I recall.)

So the manga's speed algorithm stops at the point where Bass copied Hubstyle and proceeded to blitz Megaman/Hubstyle.

Something I'm curious about when it comes to gameplay feats. What about a game like Freedom Force? You can do things like pick up cars and easily toss them, punch people so hard they go flying the distance of a city block, or use AoE attacks that can wreck buildings with a few uses(or sometimes even just one use). Do those not count unless they are done in a cutscene?
    Last edited by Surtur; 01-05-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I said it was arguable because well...Protoman said that Bass was lightspeed. And while Protoman is generally fairly reliable in his exposition, he himself couldn't even see Bass move, so how did he know?

Not that it really matters, since Bass was, at the very least, in the high machs given that Protoman in his first appearance was clocked at Mach 7 and he had like a dozen additional power-ups (which explicitely made him faster each time) by that point. And even Mach 7 would be more than enough to blitz Samus.

Sort of arguable. Hubstyle stopped being used because it was blocked by a plot device and while Serenade and Bass GS were shown to be more powerful, they didn't show any ability to blitz him after that point. (As far as I recall.)

So the manga's speed algorithm stops at the point where Bass copied Hubstyle and proceeded to blitz Megaman/Hubstyle.
    True, there was no need for speed blitzing once they reached a certain point, but I always assumed that once Megaman got Double Soul, then Hubstyle was just plain obsolete. And then the Cybeasts came along. It's been a while since I read it, so I'm going mostly by memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Something I'm curious about when it comes to gameplay feats. What about a game like Freedom Force? You can do things like pick up cars and easily toss them, punch people so hard they go flying the distance of a city block, or use AoE attacks that can wreck buildings with a few uses(or sometimes even just one use). Do those not count unless they are done in a cutscene?
    I think that would count as a general strength feat. The reason I brought up the gameplay mechanics is when it was mentioned that Megaman had a list of Program Advances at his disposal, plus abilities that let him go intangible and so forth. Without showing them in a cutscene or something, it's hard to say just how powerful they are. Plus, such abilities never really come up in the game proper.

Take Sonic, for instance. In the games, with the exception of being crushed, drowning, or falling past the screen, he's invincible as long as he has one ring. That doesn't mean that we can give him a ring and he can tank anything. And it never comes up outside of gameplay.

God I hope that made some sense....lol
    Last edited by Seto Kaiba; 01-05-2013 at 05:19 PM.