Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not a comic, but a collection of Stan's interviews over the years from 1968-2005 with conversations including Jack Kirby, Harvey Kurtzman, Roy Thomas, Dick Cavett and Janette Kahn, amongst others.

I read it before getting to meet Stan in Dallas and really enjoyed it. Much as I love comics themselves, I love the fanzines and stories behind the stories, including the interviews and sketches, even more.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    So I will say Life with Archie was the best comic I read this year and the best ongoing comic being published (at least, of those I have read, which is only a small portion). Great straight up soap opera stuff with excellent character work from writer Paul Kupperberg. Plus the art is sharp, courtesy of people like Norm Breyfogle (who I thin is not currently drawing it, but did do some previous arcs). Good enough to get me collecting Archie titles for the first time ever.
    Very heartily seconded! Life with Archie (both volumes) was one of my favourite reads of the year and it proved that there is still a lot of life (pun unintended) in that franchise.

But even better than Archie, in my opinion, was The walking dead compendium (vol. 1 + vol. 2). Over a thousand pages of edge-of-the-seat thrills and great character development. I didn't enjoy comics that much in a good long while!
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

I just got around to reading Planetary. It was quite good.

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

I'd have to think of categories, since my favourite adult comic is not like my favourite DC or Marvel...

Best adult TPB I came across was Kristina Queen of the Vampires, of which there are 3 volumes. Can't post a single scan, since almost every page has smut.

Not to mention that Frans Mensink is an astounding artist....here's one of his few pics circulating around that's SFW.

Kristina's arwork is a bit different, but still better than quite a bit of other adult comics out there.
    Last edited by Jezebel Bond; 01-03-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    BONE. Finally got around to read it in the b & w softcover collection. I heard it was great, but it exceeded all my expectations. An amazing work.
    I read the first two volumes a few years back and didn't get hooked. What was I missing?

Lets see, Capuga introduced me to Invincible on here which was fantastic. Read from the 1st issue to current.

A. Bizarro was another recommendation I lifted off here that I enjoyed greatly.

Knight & Squire Miniseries was alot of fun.

Hypernaturals/Hawkeye/Archer & Armstrong are my favorite new books that I have read in 2012.

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel Bond View Post

Not to mention that Frans Mensink is an astounding artist....here's one of his few pics circulating around that's SFW.

Never heard of the guy, but this sample is hot. I know who I am gonna try to hire for cover art when I finally release my dance cd.

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    I read the first two volumes a few years back and didn't get hooked. What was I missing?
    Wonderful Disneyesque art work. Great story and amazing characterization. But everyone doesn't like everything.
    I have a friend who doesn't get Moore's LOEG, which I think is brilliant.

When its about classic comics for me it is clear the the dark humor noir,farce like comedy in Torpedo volume 4 by Abuli and Bernet. Fav story was "The Deafened". Brutally funny stuff and great black and white art by Bernet.

http://www.comicbookdaily.com/champi...pedo-volume-4/
    Last edited by Libaax; 01-04-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

I dipped back into reading new comics last year after a couple of years break. The best current comic I read, without question, was Sweet Tooth by Jeff Lemire (with occasional guest artists).
    "We're Santa's elves, and we're here to tell you about ourselves!"--Summer and Eve

New books: I'd have to say Love & Rockets New Stories #5

Classic books: I'd have to say the Dark Horse Presents: Richard Corben, reprinting all of his Eerie and Creepy stuff.
    "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

Veteran Member

I might have to go with Love and Rockets #5 as well, though the Tintin album Le lotus bleue deserves a mention.

A lot of the other things were continuing series that I read in trade, and the individual stories sort of all run together into one long narrative: for example, I read books 5 through 9 of Ennis's Preacher, finished up The Boys, also by Ennis, read up to the latest trade of Carey's & Gross's The Unwritten, the first two trades of Hine's & Kane's Bulletproof Coffin, and the second volume of Blain's & Lanzac's Quai d'Orsay. All were excellent (I had really good luck with my comics choices this past year) but as episodes in larger narratives rather than as individual books.