Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I don't think I'm particularly for or against more Teen books. If a writer has a passion for certain characters and wants to tell a story then thats cool but I don't think Marvel is really crying out for a new teen book.

However, I do wish they would use their teens a little more. I can't really talk about the X-Men side of things (maybe Magik? X-23?) but in terms of the Avengers, when was the last time someone went from being a Young Avenger or Initiate to become a proper Avenger? Y'know, just because a character starts out in a teen team shouldn't mean they cannot evolve beyond it.

Reptil on the Avengers, Cloud 9 on the Thunderbolts, that kinda thing.
    I n all fairness DC tried Elevating the core titans to justice league once and it just didn't work
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

I think it didn't work because it was too many too fast.

And honestly, I've been trying to find what run that is for a bit casually and have not been able to. I'm not a big DC reader, so I missed their advertizing or it. I know it existed, but . . .
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    Can I have my New X-men Book back now....

I still don't get why they cancelled it. I mean, sure, Kyle and Yost were moving on. But at the time it was the top selling X-Men satellite book. It made no sense to me.

I miss Rockslide, Hellion, Elixir and Dust appearing regularly.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    I still don't get why they cancelled it. I mean, sure, Kyle and Yost were moving on. But at the time it was the top selling X-Men satellite book. It made no sense to me.

Young X-men happend....
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

Young X-men happend....

Yeah. With an almost entirely different cast, remit, and art style. Lasted less than a year.

Another example of the X-Office shooting themselves in the foot.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Yeah. With an almost entirely different cast, remit, and art style. Lasted less than a year.

Another example of the X-Office shooting themselves in the foot.
    I look at it as they Gave Marc Guggenheim the ball to run with and he fumbled it immiedtly

I n all fairness DC tried Elevating the core titans to justice league once and it just didn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    Sorry, I don't read DC so really couldn't comment but I wouldn't suggest elevating the wole team/core members or dropping the "Young" prefix. Surely though, there has to be a couple of young heroes out there who are worth a shot in one of Marvels premier teams. I used Reptil and Cloud 9 as examples but this is not the place to debate who is most worthy I guess.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Sorry, I don't read DC so really couldn't comment but I wouldn't suggest elevating the wole team/core members or dropping the "Young" prefix. Surely though, there has to be a couple of young heroes out there who are worth a shot in one of Marvels premier teams. I used Reptil and Cloud 9 as examples but this is not the place to debate who is most worthy I guess.
    Cloud 9 is worthy. That's not up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post

And honestly, I've been trying to find what run that is for a bit casually and have not been able to. I'm not a big DC reader, so I missed their advertizing or it. I know it existed, but . . .
    It was the final JLA run before the DCnU reboot. Robinson was the writer, and he has been generally awful since coming back from Hollywood a while back.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    It was the final JLA run before the DCnU reboot. Robinson was the writer, and he has been generally awful since coming back from Hollywood a while back.
    Shade mini was pretty awesome though.

BANNED

they cancelled it so kyle and yost could continue their purifier story in x-force.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    they cancelled it so kyle and yost could continue their purifier story in x-force.

That wasn't really neccessary, though. I mean they were just starting X-Force. Taking the story over to another X-Title is hardly a new concept. It doesn't require cancelling the other title.

It was odd to me, because not only was it the best selling satelite x-title, but they'd only in the previous few issues before cancellation changed the roster.

Young X-Men wasn't really a continuation, either. It picked the weakest background characters to add in.

Failure all round, for me.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

BANNED

x-force was a commercial and critical success, sorry it didn't work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    x-force was a commercial and critical success, sorry it didn't work for you.

I didn't say that, Aces. I have the full run in my long box, along with the Sex and Violence mini. Loved it.

My point is that cancelling New X-Men (Top seller with an established cast) and replacing it with Young X-Men (New book with C-list cast) made very little sense.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Yeah Young X men was pretty awful. Still not sure what was going through Marvel's heads there, unless the issue was with kyle / yost to being able to do both (doubtful) i'm not sure why they would cancel it.