Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes, here we go, first hit on the google search:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...MZ-WB-declined

Thread has a pic of a twitter conversation where Wood mentions WB declining on it, and here's a quote from him directly:

Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    Whether they are shitty or not is in the eye of the beholder, but what DC does when you sign a Vertigo contract is they option the property upfront. And they pay an option fee... not a huge one but not a small one either. And that media option runs for as long as DC is publishing the books, in most cases.

So any movie or tv show deal is for WB to make or not make. This is arguably the worst aspect of the Vertigo since, as anyone can see, they have all these amazing books in their library and do absolutely nothing with 99.9999% of them. We've seen a lot of offers on both DMZ and Northlanders go whizzing by.

b
    Of course, he also mentions that was his deal and couldn't speak for other creators, but I doubt that they cater these contracts to specific creators. I suppose it's possible, but I find it doubtful. So, unless Snyder states otherwise, I'm going to assume he has a similar deal with Vertigo.

But, all of that doesn't matter anyway. Whoever has power over this thing, I'm still surprised someone hasn't made some type of move to adapting it to a screen either big or small.

I've read things fairly regularly from a lot of creators that basically say that, while the Image deal is the same for everyone - it's creator owned, simples - the Vertigo deal everybody gets is completely different depending on the books, creators, etc. so I don't even know if it's worth speculating about what the deal is for this, unless somebody comes out and says it.

I also don't think it matters, cos I'm fine with 'just' the comic.
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

Quote Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
    I've read things fairly regularly from a lot of creators that basically say that, while the Image deal is the same for everyone - it's creator owned, simples - the Vertigo deal everybody gets is completely different depending on the books, creators, etc. so I don't even know if it's worth speculating about what the deal is for this, unless somebody comes out and says it.
    Really? That is quite odd and very alienating.

I also don't think it matters, cos I'm fine with 'just' the comic.
    Oh, as am I, of course. This is why I said more along the lines of 'I'm curious why they haven't tried adaptation' as opposed to 'Ohmygawd, there must be a TV show on HBO now hurryuphuryyupruorhgiur!'

Quote Originally Posted by ssnyder1835 View Post
    Thanks so much you two! I try to avoid forums, but I wanted to drop in here to say that while not next month :), we'll be back in the fall of 2013. We're already working on the follow up story to the hiatus - so internally we're barely taking a break! And the Grey Trader is going to play a major role in the series 2nd half as a force that's been acting beneath the surface of the series, literally and figuratively, for a long time. Again, Rafa, Mark, Dave M. and I can't thank you enough for all the support on AV. Thsi is our baby, and we'll be back really soon w/out best stuff - promise. S
    Woo, that's so great to hear! I'll just have to re-read the whole series while I wait ... oh, wait, I already did that last week. Crap.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja