View Poll Results: Ultimate Comics Spiderman #19

Voters
59. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great, Can't wait for the next issue

38 64.41%
  • Good, I like where this story is going

20 33.90%
  • Meh, not bad but not good

1 1.69%
  • Bad, I didn't like this story

0 0%
  • Awful, wish I didn't read it

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    And considering Aaron was going to out Miles if he didn't work for him I'd say that him killing to keep his identity a secret is a nudge toward Aaron not being Venom.
    A lot of posters think Venom could be Uncle Aaron because he wants to keep Miles' secret a secret. We all know he didn't actually intend to out Miles as the new Spider-Man, and Miles was too young to catch his bluff. If Miles' secret remains secret, Aaron can further manipulate Miles. But with Miles' secret out in the open, Aaron can't get him to do anything.

Personally, I think it's Carnage wearing the Venom suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    A lot of posters think Venom could be Uncle Aaron because he wants to keep Miles' secret a secret. We all know he didn't actually intend to out Miles as the new Spider-Man, and Miles was too young to catch his bluff. If Miles' secret remains secret, Aaron can further manipulate Miles. But with Miles' secret out in the open, Aaron can't get him to do anything.

Personally, I think it's Carnage wearing the Venom suit.
    Ok, well how about this then? Isn't the purpose of a Point One issue to be a good starting point for readers, generally touching base on what should be known to get a reader into the story without delving too much into past events? If this is the case, then I ask you why Marcus was featured in the point one issue (which was the prequel to this story arc) while Aaron was not?

Let me also as you this: How would Aaron even know about Betty Brant, let alone want her dead?

We should also note that at the end of the point one issue, Venom says to her that she shouldn't profit off of things that don't belong to her. Earlier when Marcus was talking with Betty she showed him the 42-Spider and he said it was his experiment and wanted to buy it back from her, to which she refused. Marcus believes that the Spider is HIS since he created it, and Betty is using it to profit. It's as simple as that. If it was Aaron wearing the black suit, then what were the meaning of his words "Trying to profit off of things that don't belong to you. You really shouldn't do that."?

She also said that if he didn't give her all the info he knew she would print his name in her Spidey article. And there's obviously some history between the two, based on their conversation, I'm guessing he was the focus of one of her previous articles that she wrote to get ahead. He's the ONLY person that fits the bill here. Sure, Aaron could be Venom, but he has NO connection to Betty, which is what this whole thing is about.
    Last edited by Balfro; 01-06-2013 at 02:21 AM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I want to also state that, in looking back at #16.1, I far prefer Marquez' work to Pichelli's. Her artwork is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but Marquez really hits the nail on the head with things like Jameson, Jefferson and especially Miles / Spider-Man. It's too bad Marquez didn't get Venom War, especially since #16.1 was done by him, it would have felt more connected if the artwork matched the actual arc.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Ok, well how about this then? Isn't the purpose of a Point One issue to be a good starting point for readers, generally touching base on what should be known to get a reader into the story without delving too much into past events? If this is the case, then I ask you why Marcus was featured in the point one issue (which was the prequel to this story arc) while Aaron was not?
    The entire issue revolved around the investigation of Aaron's death. How can you say it wasn't about him?

And If Aaron really is Venom, the issue wasn't going to show him alive and well, because that would be too obvious that he was Venom.

Let me also as you this: How would Aaron even know about Betty Brant, let alone want her dead?
    It's irrelevant how he knows her. What is relevant is why he'd want her dead. Which I explained in my last post, is because he would want to keep Miles' secret a secret.

We should also note that at the end of the point one issue, Venom says to her that she shouldn't profit off of things that don't belong to her. Earlier when Marcus was talking with Betty she showed him the 42-Spider and he said it was his experiment and wanted to buy it back from her, to which she refused. Marcus believes that the Spider is HIS since he created it, and Betty is using it to profit. It's as simple as that. If it was Aaron wearing the black suit, then what were the meaning of his words "Trying to profit off of things that don't belong to you. You really shouldn't do that."?
    I don't know.

She also said that if he didn't give her all the info he knew she would print his name in her Spidey article. And there's obviously some history between the two, based on their conversation, I'm guessing he was the focus of one of her previous articles that she wrote to get ahead. He's the ONLY person that fits the bill here. Sure, Aaron could be Venom, but he has NO connection to Betty, which is what this whole thing is about.
    I see your point and I don't disagree. Marcus is probably more likely to be Venom than Uncle Aaron. I just wanted to answer your questions, for the sake of accuracy alone. However I'm hoping it isn't Marcus.

But it has to be him. If it wasn't, he wouldn't have needed to be featured in #16.5. Why feature him at all if he wasn't going to return with an agenda?

Aaron was featured in #16.5 because his death needed either closure or development. Whereas Dr. Marcus was featured in order to be set up as a future villain.

Fair enough

I guess we just have to wait and see.

Fair enough

I guess we just have to wait and see.

I can't wait to read it!

What exactly happened to Eddie Brock? Why isn't he venom anymore? Didn't he just get shipped off to Latveria or something? Could he be back?

Quote Originally Posted by webhead921 View Post
    What exactly happened to Eddie Brock? Why isn't he venom anymore? Didn't he just get shipped off to Latveria or something? Could he be back?
    We don't know. He could just be the current Venom.

I am going on a hunch and saying that this venom is Brock and the reason he attacked Betty was that he did not want something to happen to Miles. Since Peter was a close friend of his perhaps Brock came to his senses in some way and does not want the same thing to happen to Miles.

or maybe he's the one who wants to kill him...
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

Good issue. I'm enjoying Maria Hill and whatever her agenda is. Bit shocked they killed off Betty! Wasn't expecting that but it was a bold move. I knew she'd be dead but when they confirmed it I was still a bit :O haha. Miles dad is annoying me a bit. He comes off as quite self righteous. Just not likeable in my opinion. I think I saw it mentioned earlier on another thread but I'd be up for some form of time jump. Isn't Miles meant to be...what 13? Give me a break here...I just can't see Cap/Ultimates being okay with what he's doing. Sure, it's written really well but every time I remember he's so young it just takes me right out of the comic.

He saved Cap's life, he got brownie points for that

Plus if everyone is a-ok with Damien Wayne fighting crime at 10 then 13 should be fine( granted I thought we moved on past "he's to young" )

On Vacation

So Bendis pretty much confirmed that the girl we saw is/going to be Miles GF.
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...-sara-pichelli

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    So Bendis pretty much confirmed that the girl we saw is/going to be Miles GF.
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...-sara-pichelli
    Yeah I just saw that. Cool!
    Comics are more better.