View Poll Results: Ultimate Comics Spiderman #19

Voters
59. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great, Can't wait for the next issue

38 64.41%
  • Good, I like where this story is going

20 33.90%
  • Meh, not bad but not good

1 1.69%
  • Bad, I didn't like this story

0 0%
  • Awful, wish I didn't read it

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The lego scene was hilarious. Great issue. Loving Jameson. I really like that Bendis is allowed to make long form changes in the Ultimate Universe.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

Wow I really enjoyed this issue. And am glad that Ultimate Spider-Man is away from DWF, UWS. And Venom looks amazing here.

Oh and it looks like Bendis is allowing time to move forward, Jonah mentions that its been a year since Peter died. So maybe his characters can now age...
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

I enjoyed this issue. This title still has me reading which is also a compliment given I had no intention of sticking with any UU title after checking out the Death of Peter arc. The scary-looking Venom mystery ID is interesting. JJJ and Ganke were entertaining. Move over Miles mother, this Maria Hill has a Loni Anderson profile might get her some milf points if she interviews Ganke. The art was amazing. Do longtime readers recognize that IO building - what is it? It feels right that only GOOD and VERY GOOD have been chosen as ratings as of this post.

I kinda like how we go back to the two characters passing notes in class, but now its with iphones and they show the text to each other. A nice throwback to the old Ult Spidey days.

Loved this issue. I'm curious about there actually being someone in the suit at the moment, or if its just the symbiote by itself looking for a host. Which gets me thinking its Miles' dad who could be the new Venom which sounds amazing to me!

Great issue! I noticed there was a Lafuente reference in there (the reporter), was that an homage to David Lafuente or something else entirely? Or did I just misread it?

Why are people even considering Aaron to be Venom? The Ozcorp scene is clearly a hint to Venom's identity being Dr. Marcus. He used to work for Oscorp and created the spider that bit Miles. That's their connection. Aaron is dead.

Also, to anyone wanting to know why Jefferson wants to be unlisted, it's because he used to run on the wrong side of the law with his brother. He's ashamed of his past and doesn't want any old acquaintances, or enemies, to be able to look him up.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Why are people even considering Aaron to be Venom? The Ozcorp scene is clearly a hint to Venom's identity being Dr. Marcus. He used to work for Oscorp and created the spider that bit Miles. That's their connection. Aaron is dead.
    Dr. Marcus has no knowledge of the Miles Morales being Spider-Man thing however. Maria Hill didn't give any clues to Dr. Marucs about the new Spider-Man whatsoever.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Just read it. Great issue! The best issue since #13 I think. I remember reading these forums in about October and somebody said on the Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #16.1 Review Page that they thought Jameson could be the new Venom. Jonah said that Robbie would help Maria Hill in any SHAPE or FORM. Could this be a Venom reference? Or am I just reading to much into it? And yeah I noticed the Lafuente name too. And did anyone notice how the 's' in Venom Wars has been removed. Why is it just Venom War now?
    Last edited by Spiderx3000; 01-06-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Dr. Marcus has no knowledge of the Miles Morales being Spider-Man thing however. Maria Hill didn't give any clues to Dr. Marucs about the new Spider-Man whatsoever.
    We don't know any of Marcus' past yet. I'm sure we'll learn how he got the suit and how he found out about Miles' identity. He knows that Osborn created the first Spider-Man and Betty told him that she found one of his OZ Spiders in Aaron's apartment. Marcus could have figured it out easily. Heck, Betty almost did and half the people on these forums were calling her a moron for not noticing Spidey's body size.

Either that, or Marcus himself also thinks Jefferson is Spider-Man. Either way, the most likely candidate is Marcus. He had motive to kill Betty, he is a scientist so he at least possibly has some sort of access to the black suit (although I can't begin to imagine how. Either way he has more of a chance than Aaron getting his hands on it), and he is the one who created the new Spider-Man. Not to mention Bendis went out of his way to introduce Marcus, connect him to Miles and Norman Osborn, and give him a sub-plot in an otherwise completely unrelated story (the point one issue). If Marcus ISN'T Venom, then he's nothing but wasted potential.

I do, however, hope that the old Latveria story gets tied into this somehow.
    Last edited by Balfro; 01-05-2013 at 09:16 AM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Betty told him that she found one of his OZ Spiders in Aaron's apartment.
    She never told Dr. Marcus where she found it.

If Marcus ISN'T Venom, then he's nothing but wasted potential.
    The story isn't over, don't go judging a book by it's cover. Dr. Marcus has the potential to be a long lasting villain, supporting character or a Venom, it's not just 1 path.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

True, he could just be a supporting character or what have you. I'm just saying that Marcus has a better chance than Aaron being Venom. I mean at least Bendis is hinting that it could be Marcus, he's not hinting at it being Aaron at all, especially with him supposedly being dead.

UNLESS SHIELD put their black suit on Aaron to try and save his life and it backfired, it's not unlike SHIELD to do something like that. Buy here's my gripe with that: so far Miles has had one major villain and a bunch of small-fries. Why make Aaron the major villain twice in such a short timeframe? If the villain is Aaron again what's to stop Bendis from turning him into the next Mysterio in the next arc?

True, he could just be a supporting character or what have you. I'm just saying that Marcus has a better chance than Aaron being Venom. I mean at least Bendis is hinting that it could be Marcus, he's not hinting at it being Aaron at all, especially with him supposedly being dead.
    How is Bendis hinting that Marcus is Venom? He has no clue where the 42th Spider is, he has no knowledge that someone like Aaron had whatsoever, nor does he seem like the killer type. I get what you mean, if he is revealed to be the new Venom, we'd gain his backstory, but i'd still feel it would be more pulling out of your arse than say the Prowler having a back-up plan.
    If the villain is Aaron again what's to stop Bendis from turning him into the next Mysterio in the next arc?
    Nothing, but what is bad about Aaron being *the* antagonist of Miles Morales? I would say there's plenty bad about Aaron having an identity crisis, but the guy gives a great new twist to the Spider-Man concept.
    My Blog

Betty confronted Marcus and it was obvious he hates her. Marcus has a reason to destroy Oscorp, Aaron doesn't. Why would Aaron go to Oscorp and tear it down to rubble? just because he was once in the building stealing something isnt a good enough reason. if i was once in a 7-11 buying a slurpee and it was burned to the ground a year later i wouldn't be a suspect. So just because Aaron was once at Oscorp that doesn't mean that because we also saw Venom there that they are one and the same. I think Bendis is making us believe it could be Aaron, and he's obviously doing a good job, but for now I'm going with my gut on this one.

For me, the Aaron story is over. There's no need for it to go further.

I also still say the guy in the in the shield van is Eddie Brock :P

Betty confronted Marcus and it was obvious he hates her.
    That doesn't mean you're going to become an outright murderer. What does Marcus gain from silencing the world regarding the new Spider-Man?

Marcus has a reason to destroy Oscorp, Aaron doesn't.
    Both contain evidence & research notes, both characters have motivations to destroy Oscorp. The new Venom clearly wants to keep the identity of the Spider-Man a secret.
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    The new Venom clearly wants to keep the identity of the Spider-Man a secret.
    And considering Aaron was going to out Miles if he didn't work for him I'd say that him killing to keep his identity a secret is a nudge toward Aaron not being Venom. Marcus doesn't give a crap about Miles, Betty was going to release an article naming him in some negative light (I don't remember what exactly). Betty was blackmailing him. That's a motive for murder if I've ever heard one.

I guess we'll see. If it ends up being Aaron i'll admit I was wrong. The good thing is if it ends up being Marcus, so will you