Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Morbius #1 *Spoilers*

I guess now it's safe for the Morbius discussion thread.

I thought it was decent. It didn't really excite me, but it did a good job of giving readers an idea of who Morbius is and what he can do while giving him a different slice of NY to play in. On the downside, there wasn't much in the way of plot but I'm willing to give the book one more issue to see what Keatinge has planned for the character. I hope things get really dark and weird, as that seems the kind of environment a character like Morbius should thrive in.

Elson's a solid artist. I'm still not sure if he's the best choice for the book, as I was expecting something "moodier". His work is grounded though and that works well for the narrative being told, especially since Micheal's trying to keep out of the sight of superheroes.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

It was ok.

For people that aren't very familiar with Morbius, the issue did a good job of explaining his background.

I was just a little surprised that people weren't freaked out at Morbius's appearance. The guy looks like a freaking ghost and yet no one (except the African-American lady) seemed to bat and eye lid.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

The first issue was decent enough. But better than I expected after reading ASM 699.1. However, I still do not see myself carrying out with this book.

Did like when the lady called him a meth head though. That was great.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I guess now it's safe for the Morbius discussion thread.

I thought it was decent. It didn't really excite me, but it did a good job of giving readers an idea of who Morbius is and what he can do while giving him a different slice of NY to play in. On the downside, there wasn't much in the way of plot but I'm willing to give the book one more issue to see what Keatinge has planned for the character. I hope things get really dark and weird, as that seems the kind of environment a character like Morbius should thrive in.

Elson's a solid artist. I'm still not sure if he's the best choice for the book, as I was expecting something "moodier". His work is grounded though and that works well for the narrative being told, especially since Micheal's trying to keep out of the sight of superheroes.
    Thank you Brother for making this thread cause i'm not in the mood to make another spoiler again. I agree with everybody that the story wasn't original(feels more like when Angel got his soul back and went emo) but the art sold it for me and the cast(short time they got). I get the feeling that [spoiler]Wanda[/spoiler] will be Mikes love interest.

it was ok. nothing about this issue especially grabbed me or got me invested for a second issue. i didn't hate it though. it was just kinda...there.

Didn't enjoy it. Uncertain if I'll pick up the second. I liked the supporting cast. Didn't like mechanic used to explain his powers.

This really didn't make an impression on me. I'll probably pick up the second issue, but the tone didn't strike me right at all. It wasn't really what I was expecting at all, and I don't know that I want another NYC setting, even if it is a different section.

it was ok. I will pick up at least issue #2 before deciding on adding to the pull list or not.

Did a decent job of setting things up and introducing Morbius. I'll give it more time to pick up but it better pick up in the next few issues

I think it was a fine first issue... I enjoyed it unfortunatly i dont see it sticking around for long

Hmm. Seems to be a mixed reaction to this. I'm getting my comics for this week in about 12 hours and debating picking this up. Guess I'll have a flick through while at my LCS and make my decision then. Although I may buy it just for that cover...
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

I thought it was great
    will be a slow burn of a comic but I'm glad to be reading an "ok." non avenger book than "ok." avengers title
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

First issues are always problematic for characters that have been around as long as Morbius.

The comic had to establish both the characters backstory and move the plot forward.m

I kinda want to see what happens next to Morbius. So I'm onboard for the first arc.

Wasn't blown away by this issue but I'll give it an arc before I decide to drop it or not.