Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    She's not going to change past events. She just wants to make things right in the present.
    See, I'm not convinced that there's any basis for her to believe she can do that, other than being young and naive. Will they try and assassinate old Scott, in belief that he's a villain, like Magneto? X-Men don't kill (theoretically). Why would a Scott with the experiences of life listen to a boy still wet behind the ears? The Phoenix Force has been dispersed, so no need to handle that one. Bendis believes Xavier is an anachronism, so I don't think rehashing the original concept of the X-Men will be happening. I guess I'm just not getting what they believe they can do other than be 5 more mutants, too young to vote or be independent and too old to still believe in magic.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Sooo is there a place to vote on killing Young Scott?

Becasue that will undo about 75% of the Crap that mutants had to go through.
    But it also means nobody escapes Krakoa to get the All New, All Different team to rescue the Original Team, and really f***s with the whole timestream, as we know it.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    angel might try to kill himself.
    Celestial Angel will bring him back to life by killing his own self (expending the rest of his Celestial energies).

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    well done for making your point without posting 10% of the comic.
    So much of the important panels in this comic have been posted here and in bleeding cool that I felt a bit of discretion was called for.

In anunrelated note, I get the impression that Immonen is not drawing for paper anymore. There have been plenty of pages in this issue and the last one that seem designed for a screen. For an Ipad, even.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    See, I'm not convinced that there's any basis for her to believe she can do that, other than being young and naive.
    They won't be able to accomplish anything. If recent continuity matters (and it may not), the very idea of five mutants trying to make the world better will been seen as a threat by the Avengers and bring conflict on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Celestial Angel will bring him back to life by killing his own self (expending the rest of his Celestial energies).
    O said that like forever ago

Feel bad for Teen Scott. Jean shouldn't be on any sort of moral high ground given all the shit she did when she went all DP, but I guess someone has to be a villain.

Also not too fond of them continuing to make Xavier out to be some saint. He wasn't one. Though it is still a complete joke Rachel hasn't appeared yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    So much of the important panels in this comic have been posted here and in bleeding cool that I felt a bit of discretion was called for.
    tsk, are you not taking part in the Bleeding Cool boycott?

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Speaking of that, we have reached the scan limit for this issue. No more posting scans from the issue.
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM|MISS AMERICA

Wow, Wolverine is a psycho. I like Beast's new form. I like Teen!Beast and Teen!Bobby more than the current ones, and Jean was awesome until she decided to be a huge bitch to Teen!Scott for no reason. Hopefully it's just a "I'm going through a lot of shit so give me some time" kind of thing, and not a "I don't like future you so I'm going to be a huge bitch to you 24/7 until I inevitably get captured and you have to save my ass" kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    tsk, are you not taking part in the Bleeding Cool boycott?
    Seresecros would cut both my hands if I did not, but it was said earlier in this thread.

Sooo is there a place to vote on killing Young Scott?
    Becasue that will undo about 75% of the Crap that mutants had to go through.
    Not necessarily. Time travel in the 616 is a little tricky. More often than not, you don't really travel to your past. You travel to an alternate version. This multiple worlds theory allows the writers to freely muck with time travel stories without screwing up continuity or having to deal with paradoxes. It's only on the rarest of occasions that you actually see time travel in Marvel change the present. Even so, you can argue that, in the case of AoA, Legion killed an alternate Xavier and what we witnessed was the result of that - with Bishop along for the ride.

I'm thinking that even if you kill Young Scott, nothing will come of it. You will only have succeeded in killing an alternate version. Clearly, OG Beast has no recollection of ever having met himself when he was a kid. That'd mean that Xavier either mind wiped him or it never happened in prime continuity. In the case of the latter, that'd validate the the Young 05's existence as alterna versions. The longer they stay here in the present, the more they'll deviate from their original selves. When you return them, you can wipe their minds, but you can't explain away how they've aged.

IMO, all Beast did was kidnap alternate versions, screwing up their timeline, just to make a point to OG Scott. A little Power Point presentation might've been simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    But it also means nobody escapes Krakoa to get the All New, All Different team to rescue the Original Team, and really f***s with the whole timestream, as we know it.
    That an easy one to fix have rachel send him back to his "younger" self and make sure it goes off without a hitch.
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post
    Not necessarily. Time travel in the 616 is a little tricky. More often than not, you don't really travel to your past. You travel to an alternate version. This multiple worlds theory allows the writers to freely muck with time travel stories without screwing up continuity. It's only on the rarest of occasions that you actually see time travel in Marvel change the present. Even so, you can argue that, in the case of AoA, Legion killed an alternate Xavier and what we witnessed was the result of that - with Bishop along for the ride.

I'm thinking that even if you kill Young Scott, nothing will come of it. You will only have succeeded in killing an alternate version. Clearly, OG Beast has no recollection of ever having met himself when he was a kid. That'd mean that Xavier either mind wiped him or it never happened in prime continuity. In the case of the latter, that'd validate the the Young 05's existence as alterna versions. The longer they stay here in the present, the more they'll deviate from their original selves. When you return them, you can wipe their minds, but you can't explain away how they've aged.

IMO, all Beast did was kidnap alternate versions, screwing up their timeline, just to make a point to OG Scott. A little Power Point presentation might've been simpler.

Unless he used a doom lock which pervents alt universes from happening so you do in fact change your time. First seen in PAD X-Factor (get well soon, BTW)
    Cyclops ad portas

That an easy one to fix have rachel send him back to his "younger" self and make sure it goes off without a hitch.
    His younger self is in the same time period that he is!