Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Default All New X-Men Review/Synopsis #5 (spoilers) The hand has been dealt

Decisions have been made and hypocrisy reigns

-Issue starts off in Hanks head (pretty much the previews that our on CBR, not going to discuss)

-While in OG Hanks head they are a couple of things to be noted

1.) Jean nor OG Beast know that Xavier is the reason behind T.Jean not knowing about her TP

2.) T.Jean learns everything that has happen to her, and I mean everything and read R.Cykes head in last issues meeting (so their you go folks it isn't one way She KNOWS)

-Outside the JGS Logan is pretty much having his tribunal on Y.Scott. Taking out his frustrations and all on him, even voting if he should kill him now to prevent what has happen (Typical really)

-Not to long OG Beast and Y.Beast make their appearance and we have a new mutation (Ape-Cat)

-OG Beast pretty much stops logan and explains why he brought the O5 here (he also had explained to T.Jean while she was in his head)

-Basically it was to show what R.Cyke was and how he has fallen

-After all is said and done Logan and OG Beast state that its time for the O5 to go back but T.Jean states "No" and that they are staying

-The O5 stay and definitely don't like how things are for them currently in post AvX 616

-It's here we get the setup for Kitty being in-charge of the O5 as she states she'll be in charge of them being she always wanted to do something for Xavier and through the O5 she can

-T.Scott tries to talk to T.Jean but get's shut down hard

UXM/E-Team:

-We see the new mutant leaving the campus from the last issue and things are going bad discovering that he's a mutant

-R.Scott is outside waiting on him and they have a little chat

-It turns out that the new mutant knows about R.Scott and what he did and doesn't like him currently (or so it seems)

-R.Scott once again under Bendis pen is sounding like Magneto (seriously he is)

-R.Scott contacts Yana to transport him and the new mutant to his school which is currently being built by Magneto and Yana (sorry fellow Emma fans we don't see Emma, she's either building a new cerebro or making her new costume) BTW Yana is flying now!!! Once again she teleports without being amongst them and working at the same time girl is multi-tasking

-R.Scott does mention that the new mutants could leave him/school at anytime of their own accord so he's not forcing them to stay in any manner.

-The new mutant also mentions about the appearance of the O5 and with that R.Cyke mentions he doesn't know whats going on but we get the setup that he's going to find out

All in all the issue's main focus was on the O5 and their choice on staying. We get the setup conclusion to one hell of an opening Arc and now we have to sit back and enjoy the ride and wait for UXM to start.

The art is amazing as well, their are a few quirks with the dialogue mainly on R.Cykes hand but all in all it isn't THAT bad.

I didn't feel this was a strong issue compared to the others but I did like it. (i'm guessing being we pretty much knew what was going to happen)

One thing to note I love how T.Jean pretty much takes a "Take charge" role and calls out OG hank on his hypocrisy along with others of the O5 who do the same.

Y.Angel doesn't know what happens with him yet but we get the "tease" when he points out know one mentions him yet which probably adds as to why everyone is quiet around him and why there's barely no dialogue for him (seriously head said only 5 if not 4 lines the entire issue)
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 01-02-2013 at 06:46 AM.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

So is new Ape-Cat Beast an improvement? I have yet to read the issue.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

-R.Scott contacts Yana to transport him and the new mutant to his school which is currently being built by Magneto and Yana

Apparently, everyone and their gran-mama are opening up schools.
    You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    So is new Ape-Cat Beast an improvement? I have yet to read the issue.
    He looked more like Gorilla beast to me.

I haven't read the book yet (just downloaded it off the Marvel app).
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Yeah, I don't think Beast looks cat-like at all anymore. If anything he's more ape than ever. Dude looks like a big ass silverback to me. There's a scan up over at Bleeding Cool if anyone doesn't have the issue yet and wants to see for themselves. Overall I liked this issue with the exception of Wolverine, whose characterization was once again laughable. So...after 'Final Execution' and murdering his last remaining child (except for possibly Erista, if he in fact exists outside of fan fiction), Logan decides to become more of an Avengery superhero and swears off preemptive killing...except in the case of a teenage version of his former teammate. No longer willing to kill a young version of Apocalypse, the most genocidal villain the X-men have ever faced, but perfectly willing to execute a younger version of Cyclops. In front of all the students no less!

Oookay...LOL. Logan, you are a friggin' trainwreck!

Sooooo is this purCHASEable today, or is it only availz online?

edit: whoa, I didn't process that detail! Wolverine debates KILLING INNOCENT TEEN SCOTT to prevent current Revolutionary Scott? Unfecking real.
    Last edited by yanapryde; 01-02-2013 at 06:56 AM.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

sounds interesting enough
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

BANNED

Solid issue.

smh @ Wolverine. Let's hope Kitty removes him as headmaster before he murders another child.

All this OG, T, Y, R, Scott, Hank, etc... is giving me a headache. I'm waiting for the TPB to decide if I'll read this, but the synopsis are making me very confused.

Peace

Edit: this comment is in no way a dig at the OP. It's just the way the story is.
    Last edited by Nomads1; 01-02-2013 at 07:05 AM.

Does OG stand for Old Gorilla?
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

I haven't read it yet but Wolverine sounds being ridiculous here. Killing teen!Scott now to prevent what has happened? He should understand very well that witnessing what his old self has become is profound enough to make teen!Scott a different person in future. Or perhaps that's just a threat, but it's even worse.

EDIT:
    Emma has been using the Cerebro for years, let alone that she was/is a telepath, it's weird that she's totally absent from building a new one, especially when no others who possess telepathic powers around.
    Last edited by airdreams; 01-02-2013 at 07:16 AM.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Wolverine is a straight up clown now. An irrational little man with constant PMS. Who knows what he's going to say in any given situation? Seems like the rest of the X-men have at least just started shaking their heads and ignoring him like the screeching, murderous midget he is...

Which New Mutants now have secondary mutation flying powers?

Magik
    Magma
    Sunspot

Anyone else?

As typical as Logan sounds I wouldn't be surprised if this took place before UXF disband

This issue moves at a pretty quick pace which is understandable, since the arc is almost done. Logan is just plain off the deep end at this point. But Jean, Kitty, and Teen Beast are making this great fun to read.

spoilers:
    I almost felt bad for Teen Scott when Jean tells him to get away from her at the end.
    end of spoilers