Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I liked the Speed Mind sequence, but I really am not a fan of Marcus To's art. Having the two different artists hurt the issue for me. I also wish the story had progressed further forward this issue. It felt like a filler issue. After two issues of setup I had hoped that this issue would be something more.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I liked the Speed Mind sequence, but I really am not a fan of Marcus To's art. Having the two different artists hurt the issue for me. I also wish the story had progressed further forward this issue. It felt like a filler issue. After two issues of setup I had hoped that this issue would be something more.
    What bothers me is that it seems every issue ( including in the Justice League) The Flash gets his butt kicked..when are we going to see Barry starting Kicking butt and taking names...and to be perfectly honest I really miss the Barry Iris dynamic..otherwise..beautiful looking book

Quote Originally Posted by barryallenfan View Post
    What bothers me is that it seems every issue ( including in the Justice League) The Flash gets his butt kicked..when are we going to see Barry starting Kicking butt and taking names...and to be perfectly honest I really miss the Barry Iris dynamic..otherwise..beautiful looking book
    Was there no Iris?

Quote Originally Posted by Punter23 View Post
    Was there no Iris?
    No, there was no Iris in this issue. There was a slight glimpse of Daniel however. Whose story and search for Iris is intriguing me. Not a fan of To's art but it's not the worst temporary replacement artist I've seen on a series. The flash forward sequences are amazingly detailed and aesthectilly pleasing. Patty is starting to grow on me but the spider thing she did with Barry while he was in the bed was just.......werid. Idk, I didn't like that part. Besides that and the art, it was a very good issue. I also like how Grodd, after trying to kill Flash, decides he needs him to fill his speed force batteries or whatever.

Wasn't a big fan of this issue. Not much forward action, it seemed to be more about story-building for later. When you compare Marcus To's pages to Manapul's, To's pages look like Archie Comics...IMO...

I found the issue disjointed, not only due to the two artists, but I kept waiting for the "DC Comics presents: The Flash" in the beginning, and then it finally appeared towards the end of the book. It almost seemed to me like two stories slapped together...

I agree that it's long overdue to see the Flash kick some ass.

Visually, I enjoyed this book quite a bit, and I don't get all the hate for To. I thought his pages looked good. I will say, however, that I'm not a big fan of split artists on a book unless its for a specific reason - like 1 telling flashback scenes and the other telling the present day stuff.

I will say, though, that I don't feel enough "happened" this issue. The story itself didn't really move forward, and we really didn't get much new characterization (other than Patty fully realizing that Barry was Flash - and again that's something I think should have been addressed more, but felt a bit glossed over.)

So is Turbine a bad guy, a good guy, or somewhere in between? I read the issue he debuted in and it seemed he was leaning towards the villainous route. I even heard he was going to be a Rogue. But the preview for this issue made it seemed like he was more of good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonO View Post
    So is Turbine a bad guy, a good guy, or somewhere in between? I read the issue he debuted in and it seemed he was leaning towards the villainous route. I even heard he was going to be a Rogue. But the preview for this issue made it seemed like he was more of good guy.
    I'm leaning towards him being good. He knows Barry is the only one who can help him, like he says in this issue. It would be kind of cool to see them fight it out and him become a villain, but it seems like the team is setting up for something more here. I like turbine a lot and would like to see his character last a while and flesh out a bit more. I mean he was in the speed force for so long he could be crazy and desperate enough, but he seems pretty same more recently.

I've been enjoying this series very much up to this point. However after this issue I am now starting to wish for a tighter and faster paced script with more depth. More needs to happen within each issue IMO. The story isn't "moving forward" as much as it should. I wouldn't be surprised if the book lost a significant number of readers with this issue. I hope that I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by barryallenfan View Post
    What bothers me is that it seems every issue ( including in the Justice League) The Flash gets his butt kicked..when are we going to see Barry starting Kicking butt and taking names...
    I'd like to see this along with a faster paced story... but not at the expense of depth and characterization. There hasn't been enough depth and characterization lately even within the slower pacing of the story so far.

So Barry and Patty go on one date back in issue #1 and all of a sudden they are in love? Yes, this does happen in real life, but we have not seen anything to indicate why they love each other. Bad writing? Editorial decision? Either way, it stinks. Nice art though...

I really hope some tweaks are made to the storytelling and plotting on this book. In over a year too much emphasis has been placed on the creativity of the art and visual storytelling. Not enough emphasis has been put on a fast paced, compelling story. Until then I think the book will continue to lose readers each month. It only gained readers with the #0 issue.

BANNED

The fastest man alive should not have the slowest stories in the DCU. The dialogue and art are great...But nothing has happened in this entire run.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I read this issue quickly this morning
    Naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    nothing has happened in this entire run.
    Punny.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Schatzie View Post
    So Barry and Patty go on one date back in issue #1 and all of a sudden they are in love? Yes, this does happen in real life, but we have not seen anything to indicate why they love each other. Bad writing? Editorial decision? Either way, it stinks. Nice art though...
    Well when she thought he died( this has been twice now) I guess she felt that she loved and missed him and he to her too.