Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    Not really. Saying Black Orchid is beautifull is a stretch, since she has not been out of costume since she was introduced. She simply got a power boost, apparently getting the power levels of an avatar of the Red/Green.
    Makes me think that this world their in doesn't have/no longer has an avatar, and latched on to Orchid as soon as she landed.
    mod of r/TheDark, for news and discussion of The Dark line and related titles.

I'm fully enjoying the title. I've had two others in the Dark line cancelled, Resurrection Man and Frank/Shade so I'm glad at least that Frank is turning up here.
    As someone noted they did the Xanadu turns old schtick in Demon Knights(I think the second arc) so doing it again here fairly soon felt like double dipping too quickly into that plot element. I'm guessing they've side stepped into one of the multi verse Earths. Since Tim gave up his magic could this place be where he gets it back? As Zatanna noted it's loaded with lots of raw untapped magic.

The Deadman thing was funny, you could practically see the joke coming but it was funny nonetheless. I'm guessing since a "peace officer" shot him he's actually just stunned.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

The Funny:
    -"I'm alive!" *bang*
    -"I hate you all... please don't hate me, I really like you and don't want you to reject me."

Both were hilarious parts Was surprised to see the effect on Black Orchid... she looks like some kind of fleshy... Swamp Thing. Wonder what this means... presuming its got to do with that experiment she was involved with. Also, I am curious to know how this world relates to the Books of Magic.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    Not really. Saying Black Orchid is beautifull is a stretch, since she has not been out of costume since she was introduced. She simply got a power boost, apparently getting the power levels of an avatar of the Red/Green.
    She lost her ability to change shape and thus what you see may be her true form. At least that is how I saw it when I read it.

very good issue. Janin continues to be one of the best in the business. loved Orchid becoming a true amalgamation of the Red and Green. poor Deadman. we saw him become Aliveman already in Brightest Day but he at least got to enjoy it a little longer in that book. i wonder what changes, if any, will happen to Frankenstein.

i still like the theory that The Books of Magic are New God tech. the combination of science and magic, the Kirby circuitry, and Dr. Peril describing them as "alien technology".

This issue really did it for me. I've grumbled before about how this title needs to strike a balance between the brooding mystery of a Vertigo book and simply being Justice League with spells, and I feel that Lemire/Fawkes have finally gotten there with this issue. This is exactly what I want out of this series. Hope they stay in the zone.

Also, is Fawkes from the UK? I feel like Constantine's dialect just got an upgrade.
    Same Day: Batgirl, Supergirl, WW, DemonK, JLD, Dial H, Earth 2, SoS
    Maybe Later: Action, GL, Aqua, DCUP, Titans, Firestorm, Animal, Swampy, Batwoman, Worlds F, JL, Flash, PhantomS, BoP, GL: NG

[QUOTE=Captain Craig;16406094
    As someone noted they did the Xanadu turns old schtick in Demon Knights(I think the second arc) so doing it again here fairly soon felt like double dipping too quickly into that plot element.[/QUOTE]
    Xanadu turned old in her Vertigo series, and also in one of the Flashpoint series. 4 times in over 3 years is a little redundant.

Absolutely loved this issue. Great cliffhangers at the end with the team being in such peril.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Quote Originally Posted by Famousringo View Post
    This issue really did it for me. I've grumbled before about how this title needs to strike a balance between the brooding mystery of a Vertigo book and simply being Justice League with spells, and I feel that Lemire/Fawkes have finally gotten there with this issue. This is exactly what I want out of this series. Hope they stay in the zone.

Also, is Fawkes from the UK? I feel like Constantine's dialect just got an upgrade.
    He's Canadian, just like Lemire.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknet View Post
    Yeah I was like "Zatanna is useful!" My only big complaint for JLD is that Zatanna just sucked.

Laughed hard at the "I'M ALIVE!" BLAM

lol
    This issue was LOTS OF FUN. Here's a suggestion if DC simply MUST keep JL in the title to guarantee sales [like Marvel does with Avengers now]:
    have Zatanna clearly reestablished as a full time on duty JL member and call it Justice League: Zatanna! Then on the cover add 'and friends' or 'and whom-ever-features-prominently'. It could be like a team-up title [something like the recent defunct Cap team up title] but features her partnering with the 'JLD' team for as long as they sell.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ark-15-Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Of course is not going to stick, we're talking about Deadman.

Actually, it probably will stick.
    lol!!!

Another good issue. This series is really consistent. I was nervous about Fawkes, but it seems his adition doesn't bring any drastic chance and that's a good thing. Good to see Frankie thrive in here. I wonder if he'll be affected like the rest. Deadman's reaction was hilarious and the way Constantine was affected was funny too. The art was great as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    It was really good...and then I made a horrible realization.

So all these characters land in this world, and many of them have their situations/characters reversed: the beautiful Black Orchid turns into a monstrous beast, Deadman is alive, the conman Constantine can't tell a lie, the ageless and immortal Madame Xanadu becomes old and feeble (which didn't that happen in Demon Knights already?).

In this issue, we see Zatanna for the first time during Lemire's run, if not the entire issue, be able to have her magic affect anything and is actually efficient in a fight. So does that mean...?
    I see what you did there..... but for real tho. I hope zattana kick ass and take names on this arc

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger of Apocalypse View Post
    The Funny:
    -"I'm alive!" *bang*
    -"I hate you all... please don't hate me, I really like you and don't want you to reject me."

Both were hilarious parts Was surprised to see the effect on Black Orchid... she looks like some kind of fleshy... Swamp Thing. Wonder what this means... presuming its got to do with that experiment she was involved with. Also, I am curious to know how this world relates to the Books of Magic.
    I agree I wonder if she became and avatar for the red