Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by cactusmaac View Post
    That would have meant a huge Vol 1 and a skimpy Vol 3.
    Volume one should have been "Sword Of Azrael", "Vengeance Of Bane", the key issues of Batman and Detective leading into "Knightfall" and the arc itself. Volume two should have been "Knightquest", along with "Lifelines" and the first couple of issues of "Flying Solo". Volume three should have been what wasn't in volume two, plus all of "KnightsEnd". Plus the issues of Catwoman that lead into it. If necessary, it could have been done in four volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Yes, I have said that. Post #5:
    Cool. I missed that. And the more I've thought about it, the more I think that a prelude volume would be a good idea. It would make for such a complete & thorough collection, from the foundation laid by SoA and Vengeance of Bane on up through all the chapters of Knightfall in four massive trades.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    As for leaving out Knightquest: The Search - yeah that was wrong, but on the other hand the stories were really terrible so the overall quality of the book is improved by leaving them out.
    That's just a matter of opinion. I don't recall them as being that bad, personally.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Yeah, "The Search" wasn't any worse than a lot of the "Crusade" issues were.

Default Question about Knightquest

I am thinking of buying the collected editions of the whole Knightfall saga, including the recent release of "Knightquest," but I understand that it is not really complete. Amazon reviews say that the healing of Bruce's back isn't shown, that he just suddenly shows up healed. I have read descriptions of how he is healed, but my question is- in what issue of what title does that actual healing take place? I thought I might just track down a copy of that individual comic to add to the collected editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    ... in what issue of what title does that actual healing take place? I thought I might just track down a copy of that individual comic to add to the collected editions.
    LODK 59-61.

The story covers the conclusion of Bruce's search for Shondra, Alfred's departure and the healing of Batman.

There was a 2 part JLI story where Bruce is in a wheelchair looking for assistance in his search. It probably won't be included either, and wasn't very memorable to my recall, but for the sake of completion... :)

I'm not certain that the collected edition contains every issue of Knightquest as it was pretty darn long.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    LODK 59-61.

The story covers the conclusion of Bruce's search for Shondra, Alfred's departure and the healing of Batman.

There was a 2 part JLI story where Bruce is in a wheelchair looking for assistance in his search. It probably won't be included either, and wasn't very memorable to my recall, but for the sake of completion... :)

I'm not certain that the collected edition contains every issue of Knightquest as it was pretty darn long.
    There was also a 3-part SOTB storyline, between the JLI story and the LOTDK story. These 8 issues make up "Knightquest: The Search," which detail Wayne's search for Shondra, Tim Drake's father, and ultimately end with his back being healed.

Other than that, I think every other Knightquest issue (aside from possibly a few Catwoman issues, if they were officially labelled as such) is now collected. They make up "Knightquest: The Crusade," which is Jean-Paul Valley's story as the new Batman.

The 3 newest collect them all. 3 books all about 600-700 pages long including 'the missing issues' of knightquest and as an extra bonus part 3 includes 'Prodigal'. Part 1 now also includes Bane origin 'Vengeancee of Bane' if you dont already have it.

Quote Originally Posted by PdotDizzle View Post
    The 3 newest collect them all. 3 books all about 600-700 pages long including 'the missing issues' of knightquest and as an extra bonus part 3 includes 'Prodigal'. Part 1 now also includes Bane origin 'Vengeancee of Bane' if you dont already have it.
    Except, as mentioned above, the missing "Knightquest: The Search" issues about Bruce Wayne.

The JL issues were actually Justice League Task Force #'s 5-6, and they were complete filler at best.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The JL issues were actually Justice League Task Force #'s 5-6, and they were complete filler at best.
    Which can be said about so many crossover issues...

Thanks for all the responses. Also wondering- do the new "Knightquest" and the old "Knightfall Part 2: Who Owns the Night?" have a lot of the same material in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. Also wondering- do the new "Knightquest" and the old "Knightfall Part 2: Who Owns the Night?" have a lot of the same material in them?
    Book one is the same except for "Vengeance Of Bane". The rest is the material from the first two trades in one book now. Book Two is the only one that was never collected. Book three has "KnightsEnd" and "Prodigal". They were collected separately in the past.