Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Which one?
    The aggravating Danny Chase?
    Or the post-mortem Danny/Arella/Azerath ghost?

Or that third Phantasm that was never shown but was apparently close to eating Red Devil and Zatara? :)
    The post-mortem Danny/Arella/Azerath ghost, I think.

I enjoyed the preview and I'm looking forward to picking this comic up. However, I'm more interested in Raven's return in Teen Titans #16.

I'll second the crap out of whoever said "Keep Tim in this costume". I thought the One Year Later costume was better than the infamous 90's Neal Adams one, and thought that it didn't last long enough, since it effectively only went from One Year Later to about Final Crisis before Tim went 'Red' Robin. I wouldn't mind if he were the type of hero to switch costumes regularly either, but more likely it's Lobdell using the beloved costume to tell us that "Tim looks to the future, not the past, and we should too." The cheek.

Still, looks great and Booth draws it great, and this title though not amazing sometimes produces issues I really, really like. This one, I liked, and I anticipate that the next issue will be very much the example of a solo Tim kicking ass.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

I love how Tim's red suit is drawn just like Batman's new 52 suit, but in red instead of gray. Kinda mirrors how his preboot red suit was Batman's costume in red.

I enjoyed it a lot, Batgirl in Booth's style is awesome and I love the Robin look as well but I like his new costume anyway. Though I did expect a little more but still awesome especially Starfire and Roy.

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Finally an issue with Tim in Gotham and what do I get? More whiny Joker rants, a Batgirl fanboy love letter, and more Red Robin monologue than the last Batman. I would ask why DC hates Tim so much, but really I think they just love Lobdell a little too much. It kind of reminded me of the last few issues of Red Robin, you know, the ones the fans didn't really like.

I enjoyed this issue. It wasn't my favorite of the week by a long shot but it was still a decent read.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

I had previously sworn-off Teen Titans (the "0" issue was the nail in the coffin), and I've even passed on the Batman and Robin and Nightwing crossover issues, but I might get this one.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I had previously sworn-off Teen Titans (the "0" issue was the nail in the coffin), and I've even passed on the Batman and Robin and Nightwing crossover issues, but I might get this one.
    The B&R issue is the best one of the entire crossover, Batman included. Red Hood was almost good. Nightwing was pretty decent too, but only get this one if you love long monologues, Batgirl, Joker, or Arsenal and Starfire. If you want the TT or Tim, don't bother.

I just read this issue after finishing Superman #15 and I have a hard time believing they were written by the same guy. In fact I'm almost positive that the majority of it was written by Snyder.

Just read this and it was painful to read the entire time. I want to like this title like I used to but I just have not liked it since the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Finally an issue with Tim in Gotham and what do I get? More whiny Joker rants, a Batgirl fanboy love letter, and more Red Robin monologue than the last Batman. I would ask why DC hates Tim so much, but really I think they just love Lobdell a little too much. It kind of reminded me of the last few issues of Red Robin, you know, the ones the fans didn't really like.
    The difference is that whereas the last four issues of red Robin were super-expositionary because Nicieza was under a time crunch to get his Tournament of Death and Assassination of Captain Boomerang stories finished, wanted to expose us to just a few of his other long term plans for Tim, Black Bat, and the Mysterious Hooded Lady, still introduced the ancient Babylonian immortal guy, all while the DCnU was on its way. I would like to point out that while your mileage may vary on whether or not the last few issues were any good (I liked them, others didn't) the story did move at a break-neck pace. Tim went from Crime Alley to his first hangout to Russia to Paris to China back to Gotham to his new hangout and fought around 20-30 bad guys in total.

In contrast, I don't even know if Tim really took any steps from the spot where he awakens, and he's got a total of three spoken lines in this issue, two of which are interrogative and the other is a censored curse. Whereas Joker was focused on destroying Jason's sense of self and free will in RHATO #15, Joker really doesn't do anything to Tim besides explain how he's booby-trapped the Titans rescue efforts. As far as Tim's actual story goes for this issue, he didn't really have any. Tim woke up and listened to the Joker. Presumably Lobdell is holding back the meat of Tim's story for RHATO #16, which is a little aggravating but kind of expected. The end of RHATO with Arsenal gauranteed we were going to spend time getting to the point where the Titans were engaging Joker-zombies.

Having said all that, this is hilariously enough my favorite issue of Teen Titans so far, though I'm still thinking the book's not being written at it's potential yet. I'm a sucker for Joker expositing crazy stuff, and I actually liked the evil plan to use Impulse/Kid Flash, and I think Nicieza still handled dialogue quite a bit better than Lobdell has on this book, and Bart is still pretty awesome.

I guess that I'm just a little annoyed that 1) Nicieza didn't get to write Tim and Jason's dialogue as a team in this issue (I first got hooked onto his Robin run when he had an issue with Jason Todd) and that the story moved very slowly and 2) we still wasted time with Babs and a few panels of the Lances (I DON'T CARE ABOUT TEAM 7 IF I"M READING TEEN TITANS FOR TIM DRAKE!)

I'd still like Lobdell to get back on Superboy and Nicieza to take over all writing duties on Teen Titans. Or a Tim Drake solo written by Nicieza and no time crunches.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    I just read this issue after finishing Superman #15 and I have a hard time believing they were written by the same guy. In fact I'm almost positive that the majority of it was written by Snyder.
    The "same guy" who wrote Superman #15, which would be Scott Lobdell, PLOTTED Teen Titans #15, I scripted it. Says so right there on the credit box.

And yes, I purposely tried to match the general tone and style of all the Death of the Family titles, since this issue was a part of that and I didn't want it to stand out like a sore thumb if they get collected into 1 TPB (which is why I chose to have Tim narrate #15 and #16, the other DOTF books I received were first person narrative driven).

You might think saying it sounded like the issue was written by Scott to be a put-down, but I take it as a hell of a compliment, since his Batman work is kicking ass! So, thanks... :-)

-- Fabian

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FabianNicieza View Post
    The "same guy" who wrote Superman #15, which would be Scott Lobdell, PLOTTED Teen Titans #15, I scripted it. Says so right there on the credit box.

And yes, I purposely tried to match the general tone and style of all the Death of the Family titles, since this issue was a part of that and I didn't want it to stand out like a sore thumb if they get collected into 1 TPB (which is why I chose to have Tim narrate #15 and #16, the other DOTF books I received were first person narrative driven).

You might think saying it sounded like the issue was written by Scott to be a put-down, but I take it as a hell of a compliment, since his Batman work is kicking ass! So, thanks... :-)

-- Fabian
    So who's idea was it to put Tim in his reboot style Robin costume? Because you have to keep it. It's just too awesome. At least some variation of it.

Quote Originally Posted by FabianNicieza View Post

-- Fabian
    I apologize for not giving you proper credit. It is entirely my fault, and I will say I do enjoy most of your work. Including the end of RR. I liked the progression of Tim into Bruce, even if I understand why his fans didn't.
    I failed to notice your credit for "Dialogue", and I'm sorry.

For the millionth time on these forums... I would agree with you that comparing anyone to Snyder is usually a great compliment (insert Morbius / I, Vampire joke here), but I have found his DotF issues almost unreadable.

As for this issue, I will admit, I wanted more Tim, I have since the reboot. I will also say that parts of the "new" Tim annoy me, like him believing that any Robin ever made Batman "weaker". It sounds like the fact that Batgirl and Arsenal were the most exciting parts is not your fault. Yes I did think the "Snyder-like" monologue dragged, but the interaction between The Joker and Tim was better than it has been between Joker and The Bat. I'm sure I'm not the first to criticize something you wrote here, and won't be the last. In the end my opinion belongs only to me not other fans. I feel while better than the Batman issues of DotF this is the weakest issue of the crossovers so far.