Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Teen Titans #15 Preview and Review Thread

http://www.comicvine.com/news/exclus...ans-15/145720/

Alright, so DOTF: Teen Titans edition begins tomorrow. We're now on a combination of the original creative team plus Nicieza handling dialogue, so this should be okay at the very least; a Red Robin centric story is going to have a tried a true hand at his monologues, and from the preview that seems like a pretty good flashback of my favorite Red Robin series.

Still curious how the plot overall is going to hold up. Having Bart try and hug Batgirl is a little confusing. I thought hugs were Bunker's thing? I'm still inclined to see Lobdell's hand in the more awkward story angles while Nicieza trys out more modern dialogue (his family must watch a lot of iCarly.)

Well, see you guys tomorrow.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

BANNED

"I don't dream. I scheme." Is Joker going to talk to Tim about schemers now?

I think the dialogue / scripting is bad, but Lobdell & Booth is my dream Batgirl team, so I'm kinda interested in this (I realize Fabian is on dialogue).
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Strong View Post
    "I don't dream. I scheme." Is Joker going to talk to Tim about schemers now?
    lol...

That is really odd monologue, especially from Fabian.

Great to see Booth back on the art. I'm stoked for this even though Batgirl (Not even a fan) doesn't do much.

Looks like a fun issue and I think the art is pretty

Drake and Todd have been the most interesting of the new 52 Robins for me, so i'm excited to see their team-up

I loved the dialogue that I could see (on a mobile device the two page spreads don't show text very well) and I absolutely love the art (batgirl looked wonderful, can't decide if I like this or benes better for her) and other than the culling I've liked the whole series so far. Can't wait to get this (along with all of Decembers issues, because tfaw bundles them all together so I haven't gotten the others yet...)

I liked the issue, especially the last page. Clever way of keeping the super powered heroes busy during this ordeal

the Joker's plan of attack was pretty good, but if you were expecting this book to give the same character time to Tim that RHATO #15 gave to Jason Todd, you're in for a surprise. Joker's scheme for attacking Tim focuses on the team instead of the more personal attack targeted on Todd. As a result, the majority of Tim's characterization in this issue is his monologue. I kind of wish we'd been spared the Batgirl cameo in exchange for Tim moments.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

So was superboy in this issue?
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

Cool! I hope DC has plans on having that long forgotten Titan Phantasm join the team! I don't know why, but I'm always forgetting him! LOL!

BANNED

Can we please keep Tim in this costume? He looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    So was superboy in this issue?
    Nope, he's busy over in Superman. Though the Teen Titans are mentioned in that book.

BANNED

Pretty good issue, both entertaining and compelling. It was good to see Booth back on pencils too.

I hope Lobdell continues this kind of quality in the future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carloshll726 View Post
    Cool! I hope DC has plans on having that long forgotten Titan Phantasm join the team! I don't know why, but I'm always forgetting him! LOL!
    Which one?
    The aggravating Danny Chase?
    Or the post-mortem Danny/Arella/Azerath ghost?

Or that third Phantasm that was never shown but was apparently close to eating Red Devil and Zatara? :)