Page 107 of 354 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 5307

Good morning, nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    I got my brother the DVD box set for Christmas. Considering he and you share other interests, do you think he will enjoy it?
    Is Spike your brother?
    Listen to this: alt-j - Something Good

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster3 View Post
    Good morning, nerds.

Is Spike your brother?
    Did I mangle my sentence THAT badly?
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Reports of Grandma's broken hip were, thankfully, premature. She is, however, still going in today for surgery on her arm, as scheduled. So any warm fuzzies you have lying around should be shipped post-haste to Houston.
    Glad to here her hip's okay. My great-grandmother was frighteningly healthy for a woman in her 80's, but when she broke her hip it was the beginning of rapid downward spiral. The next time I saw her she had no idea who I was and a month later she was gone. Those sorts of injuries can have all sorts of unforeseen complications for older people.

But enough of that downer stuff, I have no doubt your grandmother's surgery will go well. Sending positive good healing thoughts her way, for whatever they're worth.

Michael P isn't making a joke?:

I bet some 14-year-old kid bought this and was *really* disappointed.
    That shit's for real??? Oy, then, yes, you're likely correct. I didn't even know they made a game out of it (can I guess that it probably sucks and has little to do with the title?). Really shitty way to advertise translated 14th century Italian poetry.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I'm been smashing my way through The Wire season 2. Only two more episodes to go.
    An underrated season.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    That shit's for real??? Oy, then, yes, you're likely correct. I didn't even know they made a game out of it (can I guess that it probably sucks and has little to do with the title?). Really shitty way to advertise translated 14th century Italian poetry.
    It actually wasn't a bad game for a shameless God of War ripoff. It approaches inspired levels of sheer tasteless insanity at times - the highlight is a boss battle against an enormous Cenobite-esque Cleopatra who releases swarms of murderous unbaptized infants from her nipples - but ultimately falls a bit flat. That book does have to be one of the worst product tie-ins of all time. I have no problem with the game's premise, it's silly in a totally harmless way that I'm sure still managed to piss off scholars with no sense of humor, but releasing a version of the poem as tie-in merchandising is just delightfully clueless. I suppose it probably didn't cost Del Rey much to just release a new printing of the book with the game's cover art slapped on the front, but I can't imagine they sold many copies.
    Last edited by Donald M.; 01-10-2013 at 07:03 AM.

As far as Oscar noms go (and let me tell you, the Oscars mean shit to me) this has got to be the most scatterbrained I've seen them.

It's like they've already swallowed Oscar bait and are doing a terrible job hiding the fact.
    Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue

The Oscar nominations didn't surprise me one bit.

I guess the only thing I care about is Roger Deakins getting nominated for Best Cinematography. He 100 percent deserves a win.

**glances them over**

Doesn't seem any worse than usual. Commercial crap and Oscar bait always predominate. What in particular is stuck in your craw, Roy?
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    As far as Oscar noms go (and let me tell you, the Oscars mean shit to me) this has got to be the most scatterbrained I've seen them.

It's like they've already swallowed Oscar bait and are doing a terrible job hiding the fact.
    They should just give all of the Oscars to Steven Spielberg right now and use the money that would otherwise be spent on the awards ceremony on something of actual benefit to society, like hiring me a bunch of writers to come up with a decent punchline to this gag, because I'm drawing a total blank. *grumble*
    Last edited by Donald M.; 01-10-2013 at 09:16 AM.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

**glances them over**

Doesn't seem any worse than usual. Commercial crap and Oscar bait always predominate. What in particular is stuck in your craw, Roy?
    I am surprised Cloud Atlas did not get a hair and makeup nod.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

**glances them over**

Other then it looking like Stephen race shamed his way to an award, the inclusion of Django to give reason to putting Waltz on the support list.

BTW, Waltz did an awesome job with his interpretation of Tomas Millian's Provenience
    Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue

I think Spielberg honestly wanted to do a movie about Lincoln. I haven't watched it, but I have no reason to doubt his sincerity. (The "Spielberg is the anti-Christ" musing is sophomoric at best.)

But yeah, the Academy doesn't want anyone to think they don't care about black slaves being freed. Plus, they're probably still reeling from the fact that they gave Best Picture to Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan.

My bad, I meant Shaving Ryan's Privates.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I think Spielberg honestly wanted to do a movie about Lincoln. I haven't watched it, but I have no reason to doubt his sincerity. (The "Spielberg is the anti-Christ" musing is sophomoric at best.)

But yeah, the Academy doesn't want anyone to think they don't care about black slaves being freed. Plus, they're probably still reeling from the fact that they gave Best Picture to Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan.
    Yeah, you're right. I'm totally mistaken SS for George Lucas. my bad.

BAFTA's looking a hell of a lot better.
    Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue