Question Holy Terror --Frank Miller

Has anyone read Holy Terror by Frank Miller? I remember seeing in the comic book store a couple years ago and the store worker said it was originally planned to be a Batman versus Al-Qaeda propaganda piece similar to Captain America punching Hitler in the face. I've heard nothing but horrible things about it and am wondering if any of the negative criticism is based in truth.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

It's all true. And them some.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I haven't read it. I have to say the artwork on the pages I've seen posted online look great to me, but I'm not terribly interested in the story. I may read it if I find a bargain priced used copy
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

No. Do not buy this comic. It's 120 pages with literally like 40 or 50 pages of story. Miller spends a lot of time with Not-Batman and Not-Catwoman swinging around Not-Gotham and having sex.

You will read this book and feel sad for the trees that died so it could be printed.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I've been wanting to read this since it came out, although I wish he had left it as a Batman story.
    PULL LIST: Five Ghosts, Ghostbusters, Ghosted, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Mage, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

I've been wanting to read it but haven't heard muc about it, I like millers writing a lot, even the stuff people usually hate, loved All Star Batman, completely forgot about that this was suppose to be a bat book at first

I have no interest in any politically influenced books by Miller since he went insane.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    No. Do not buy this comic. It's 120 pages with literally like 40 or 50 pages of story. Miller spends a lot of time with Not-Batman and Not-Catwoman swinging around Not-Gotham and having sex.

You will read this book and feel sad for the trees that died so it could be printed.
    Is swinging around and having sex a negative now? Seems like this selection would help sell it, probably not your intention.
    DROKK IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    LMAO Thx 4 the tip
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I'll definitely read this at some point, but more so for study than anything. I still think that Miller is a bit of a master when it comes to the technical craft of comic storytelling. But yeah, I'll probably just skip the words after hearing about it, and listening to Miller just go off the deep end. I feel bad supporting this due to it's nature, so I may pick it up used or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I've been wanting to read this since it came out, although I wish he had left it as a Batman story.
    I highly doubt he had an option with that. No matter what the sales, this thing probably would've been a PR disaster for DC/WB if they'd let a flagship character like Batman be featured in it.

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
    I highly doubt he had an option with that. No matter what the sales, this thing probably would've been a PR disaster for DC/WB if they'd let a flagship character like Batman be featured in it.
    I think thats why All-Star Batman died a silent death and the editor Bob Schrek, got canned, for allowing Miller carte blanche to write whatever crap he wanted...
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...