Default Living in Metropolis vs. living in Gotham

Which city would you move your family in if you were inside a comic book universe? Before you mention the villains running around and causing chaos, you have Bats and Supes watching over you, so you are safe as long as they are around.

Plus, you get to see your favorite villain or hero fight, just make sure they don't see you lol.
    Last edited by Fanofthegoblins; 01-01-2013 at 03:21 PM.

BANNED

Metropolis, absolutely. It could be fun living in a futuristic city.

I'd only consider Gotham if they made it more like the Vegas/Atlantic City type of thing like in Morrison's B&R.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Metropolis. Because it looks like a place you can actually live in, unlike Gotham where it looks like you can't go by your newspaper without being murdered by a killer clown.
    Not to mention the whole "Gotham makes people evil" that Snyder introduced. No way I let my kid be anywhere near that place.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

As a single guy? Gotham. Raising a family? Metropolis

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

Metropolis easily

- Cleaner City
    - I imagine the crime rate is lower

Metropolis would have to worry about Alien Invaders and Giant Robots

Gotham has the murderous clowns and other cut throats

Definitely Metropolis , bright and sunny. Gotham , dark and grimy and you can't go out at night.

No thanks.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Maybe Gotham because I'm a night person, and it seems to be night in Gotham a good 17 hours a day. On the other hand there is that whole the city is one giant slum and there is a constant threat of getting killed thing.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Metropolis. Gotham looks miserable.

Metropolis, of course. Metropolis is a bright city, always shining thanks to Superman and his positive state of mind. You have to be mad to live in Gotham, a dark and sad city, ruled by a psychotic like Batman, a man always crying because of his past !
    Avengers, New Av., Mighty Av., Secret Av., Uncanny Av., Young Av., Inhumanity, Thor God of Thunder, Wolverine.

Metropolis, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Metropolis. Because it looks like a place you can actually live in, unlike Gotham where it looks like you can't go by your newspaper without being murdered by a killer clown.
    Not to mention the whole "Gotham makes people evil" that Snyder introduced. No way I let my kid be anywhere near that place.
    Hmm... rather interesting take. I don't know WHAT Snyder's take is, but it's not exactly original...

Bill Willingham did it way back in 2005 with Shadowpact, and some "Doctor Gotham" -40 000-year old bad-guy being the source of evil.
    But alas, he actually only built that on the work of previous writers that had alluded to dark sorcerous pasts for Gotham. ( Peter Milligan and Alan Moore being two of them)

I myself prefer Grant Morrison's take on it - Gotham City, was founded trough the psychic machinations of the EVIL SPIRIT OF DARKSEID(!) post Batman shooting him, as a way to torment and trap the Batman!

So there you have it, the God of Evil, Mighty Darkseid himself, is the reason why Gotham is evil. In essence, this means that Darkseid caused the deaths of the Waynes, which inadvertantly created the Batman, and set the stage for Darkseid's own down-fall... It's all on himself, he's only got himself to blame. Which is natural, because he is evil personified.

It could not be any other way.

Powergirl and Supergirl

the answer is obvious...

Live in Metropolis, party in Gotham.