Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    But not when the story isn't good. Which is kind of the point....

EDIT: Besides, if the story really WAS good, then why would they NEED to rely on multiple covers or other gimmicky sales tactics?
    They don't need to. It brings additional revenue. It has nothing to do with quality either way.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Yet another thing I have seen attributed, falsely, to JoeQ before. The recap pages were something Harras instituted (like most of the things Quesada gets the credit for). back then they were foldout on the inside of the cover... and they told you a lot more info. They told you the basics of the series itself, and everything you would need to know from past stories to fully appreciate the current issue (in a much more thorough way than the current recaps do... if they do it at all), plus they introduced all the characters that were appearing in the issue, with a little explanation as to who they were. It really was a much better done recap, though I did hate the fact that it was a fold out... but that way it provided two pages, so all the needed info could be included. The current recap pages are almost always useless and just waste a page that could otherwise be devoted to the story. Not all recap pages are, but look at the ones in Hawkeye or A+X... there is no point to them.
    The recap pages started under Harris, but it didn't last long.

It was then brought back a few years later under Quesada's tenure.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The recap pages started under Harris, but it didn't last long.

It was then brought back a few years later under Quesada's tenure.
    Exactly, so it wasn't something Quesada implemented.

Just Sayin'

Good for you.

However, a lot of other people do believe they rely on multiple covers and other sales tactics to boost sales.
    Well, a lot of people used to believe the world was flat.

You do realize this contradicts the LAST thing you said, right?
    No, it doesn't. I said it's just a way to sell a few more books, which it is. I don't believe that they have to RELY on this stuff to sell books. Books still sell without it.

If they're relying on telling a good story, they wouldn't need the gimmicky covers.
    They would still sell books without the multiple covers or other gimmicky sales tactics. They use that to sell a few more than what they already were gonna sell.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Exactly, so it wasn't something Quesada implemented.
    Sure it was. When he took over, they had no recap pages. He was responsible for adding them. He doesn't have to have invented the concept to be given credit for implementing the policy.

Well whoever saved Marvel (I'm guessing a bunch of people led by Q); thank you for doing so. :)
    Although I was looking for Marvel Now to be closer in relation to DC's New 52.
    I'm all about the clean slates! I'm a long time X-men reader and even I think it's history is choking itself.
    With that said I am enjoying Marvel Now and most of what it has to offer.
    Now I'm off to the comic store!