Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Question Still think Joe Quesada saved Marvel?

Then watch this video and then read this book. And then come back and tell me Joe Quesada saved Marvel. It's about time everyone learned the truth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ilostmyplace View Post
    Then watch this video and then read this book. And then come back and tell me Joe Quesada saved Marvel. It's about time everyone learned the truth.
    ...you think that's the biggest problem? Look up Jack Kirby's family.

Mmm yeah, I'm going to watch a 45 minutes long video, not really...
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

lol listened to a few minutes, what an ennui-engorged fan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    lol listened to a few minutes, what an ennui-engorged fan.
    You didn't see the part where he claims "MARVEL SHOULD STOP MAKING X-MEN COMICS BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THEM!"

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You didn't see the part where he claims "MARVEL SHOULD STOP MAKING X-MEN COMICS BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THEM!"
    I saw that part. And sadly the way the X-Men Currently are at this point. I have to sadly agree with Linkara. As for skipping stuff. You did Manage to Ignore the other link I posted. This link.

http://www.amazon.com/Comic-Wars-Mar.../dp/0785116060

Read the book.

I sure heard it, trying to forget that voice.

btw that book was published in 2002. Quesada had barely been in charge, along with Jemas, for a year or so. Hardly any solid proof.

I can't think of any instance where I've seen people say Joe Quesada saved Marvel. I have seen Jemas get a lot of credit or the team of Quesada and Jemas but never Quesada alone.

This just sounds like a thread trying to stir up interest in a site people aren't really trafficking.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ilostmyplace View Post
    I saw that part. And sadly the way the X-Men Currently are at this point. I have to sadly agree with Linkara. As for skipping stuff. You did Manage to Ignore the other link I posted. This link.

http://www.amazon.com/Comic-Wars-Mar.../dp/0785116060

Read the book.
    I don't really care to. So what if some people claim Quesada saved it? Are they going to suddenly take that all back and say the other guy saved it and then that can be forgotten? Just saying.

And no, X-Men is doing fine (Except for the Wolverine crap.)

Lets look at some facts real quick

Marvel wen't from a bankrupt company to completed dominating their Distinguished competion and becoming more powerful then ever, all while under Joe Q's leadership, they have grabbed the best writers and artists and innovated the TPB.
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    Lets look at some facts real quick

Marvel wen't from a bankrupt company to completed dominating their Distinguished competion and becoming more powerful then ever, all while under Joe Q's leadership, they have grabbed the best writers and artists and innovated the TPB.
    Yeah. But the point was that there was other people in the company that were more directly responsible for improving Marvel's situation and increasing their standing within the marketplace. Joe Q was there, looking over editorial. But he might be getting credit for things that he didn't necessarily do.

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    Yeah. But the point was that there was other people in the company that were more directly responsible for improving Marvel's situation and increasing their standing within the marketplace. Joe Q was there, looking over editorial. But he might be getting credit for things that he didn't necessarily do.
    i suppose that's true, but The rise of TPB's is all him i belive.
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    i suppose that's true, but The rise of TPB's is all him i belive.
    Right. That was good.

But the financial maneuvering that actually helped put the company on a better pace probably had more to do with Avi Arad than Joe Q. Avi Arad helped pull Marvel out of it's financial problems by merging it with Toy Biz. And this was before Joe Q was EIC. Hell, this was probably even before Joe Q was even working at Marvel in any capacity. I think that Marvel Knights came after the merger.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Linkara did bring up a great point though why the hell are the X men are hated and feared just because there different even though there are thousands if not millions of people in the marvel universe that have super powers and are beloved by the public

Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic View Post
    Linkara did bring up a great point though why the hell are the X men are hated and feared just because there different even though there are thousands if not millions of people in the marvel universe that have super powers and are beloved by the public
    maybe you missed the memo but that snot the case any more the avengers have had a mob of protesters outside their mansion for a year and a half and maybe you forgot the whole civil war issue, what with angry protesters every where and Johnny storm getting lynched.

further more mutants are hater because Extremists on both said spout that Mutants are the ext step in evolution and will replace humanity.
    Last edited by Zen-aku; 01-01-2013 at 04:48 PM.