Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Junior Member Hawkeyeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    439

    Default Try out VALIANT #1s FREE

    Comixology has all the VALIANT #1 plus some VH1 #1s available here-

    http://www.comixology.com/Valiant-Fr...featured/14090

    For anybody who hasn't tried them yet, please do and you will see why we love them so much.

    Happy New Year

    Update- Just found out this going until this Sunday, January.6.

    Get these great books now FREE, come back here and let us know what you think
    Last edited by Hawkeyeps; 01-03-2013 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Update

  2. #2
    Senior Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    I've added them to my account!!
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Thanks! I have been wanting to check out all of the Valirnt series. I strongly regret not taking advantage of the Valiant Black Friday sale. I'll just have to stick to issue one of each series for now.

  4. #4
    Junior Member Hawkeyeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    439

    Default

    I have them all but downloaded them any way so now I have them in digital format, along with everything on that page there is also a free summer and fall preview as well as Quantum and Woody #1.

    I got all 14 books FREE, can't beat that

  5. #5

    Default

    Also, for some weird reason a random issue of X-O Manowar keeps being $1.99. Yesterday it was #6, to day it was #4. I bought it both times. I guess I'll keep checking to see what else they might want to randomly discount.

  6. #6
    Junior Member Hawkeyeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SF Doom View Post
    Thanks! I have been wanting to check out all of the Valirnt series. I strongly regret not taking advantage of the Valiant Black Friday sale. I'll just have to stick to issue one of each series for now.
    Welcome to the boards SF Doom

    Which 1st issue did you like the best and which did you like the least?

    What was your over all first impression of the issues?

    I'm curious to know your opinion if you care to comment, Thanks.

  7. #7
    Junior Member Hawkeyeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Free Valiant #1s ends this Sunday, January.6.

    Don't miss out on these great books!

  8. #8
    NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    I've read that an estimated 7,000 people downloaded X-O #1 and about 5,000 people downloaded the others, which is a good sign if you ask me seeing as how these books are 7-9 months old now and mostly everyone already has them. I'm hoping that a good chunk of people who got the #1's for free liked them and want to continue reading to see where the story goes, drumming up even more business from Valiant.

  9. #9
    Verily VALIANT! BugsySig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    I've read that an estimated 7,000 people downloaded X-O #1 and about 5,000 people downloaded the others, which is a good sign if you ask me seeing as how these books are 7-9 months old now and mostly everyone already has them. I'm hoping that a good chunk of people who got the #1's for free liked them and want to continue reading to see where the story goes, drumming up even more business from Valiant.
    I think there are a lot of digital users who download just about anything that shows up for free. But still, if this type of promotion leads to 500-1,000 new readers, some buying multiple books, its a great revenue boost.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    While those numbers are nice I would be curious to know how they compare to other titles that show up for free. As Bugsy said, there is a portion that likely downloads anything that says FREE. Was it better. I don't download every free thing cause space is still an issue. Instead of physical space in a closet it's now storage on a hard drive.

    Also, and this is just another pipe dream stat, how many of those who downloaded are actually new potential customers? First time exposure.
    I downloaded them all, but I would classify myself as an existing customer. I'm sure a few hundred of those 7K for XO were just like me.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

  11. #11
    Verily VALIANT! BugsySig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    While those numbers are nice I would be curious to know how they compare to other titles that show up for free. As Bugsy said, there is a portion that likely downloads anything that says FREE. Was it better. I don't download every free thing cause space is still an issue. Instead of physical space in a closet it's now storage on a hard drive.

    Also, and this is just another pipe dream stat, how many of those who downloaded are actually new potential customers? First time exposure.
    I downloaded them all, but I would classify myself as an existing customer. I'm sure a few hundred of those 7K for XO were just like me.
    Comixology doesn't release any official numbers. The only people who know are them and the publisher. So far, no publishers have released the info either.

    It would be a mix of hardcore fans who normally read floppies and got the digital version just because they were free (probably a small number, though). Another group are those who download everything free (possibly 1/2 or more of that number suggested). While still another group would be either digital or floppy readers who hadn't tried the books yet and figured, "why the hell not? It's free."

    No matter what, it's a good PR and marketing move. And if even a percentage of groups 2 and 3 come back for more in the future, its an additional revenue boost. If they got 30k downloads for the free issues, could it increase their digital by 5-10k next month? We may never know (though some of the VF members could probably pry it out of Dino), but if it does, that's $10-20k monthly they just made.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •