Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Man Predictions for 2013

It's a new year, and speculation about the future is popular here.

Do you guys have any Spider-Man related predictions about 2013?

My guesses...

An actor will be cast as Norman Osborn for a small role in Amazing Spider-Man 2 and a bigger part in Amazing Spider-Man 3. It will either be Jamie Foxx's Django buddy Christoph Waltz, or Homeland's Damien Lewis. Sony may try to keep it a surprise, sort of like Nick Fury's appearance in the first Iron Man. But it's going to leak out, sort of like Nick Fury's appearance in the first Iron Man.

Ryan Stegman will have a very good year. He's done exceptional work on Scarlet Spider, and the first arc of Superior Spider-Man is his most high-profile run to date. He's a rare guy with a style that can draw in new readers, without alienating anyone, much like John Cassady. So he'll field big offers from Marvel and DC. Spider-Man fans may lose him.

There will be rumors about Sony and Disney making a deal to allow Spidey to join the cinematic Avengers. This will happen regardless of whether there is any such deal.

Superior Spider-Man will be a lot of fun. There will be something big, in a New Ways to Die sort of way, for the third TPB. And by the end of 2013, they'll be laying the seeds for Peter Parker's return.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

My only prediction:

"Superior Spider-Man" will be a piece of junk all the year, causing Marvel losing lot of cash in Spider-Comics; and when they finally realize the stupidity they did, they will bring Peter Parker back at Christmas of 2013.

My prediction is that SSM won't be just about Ock. Peter will be in there somewhere, as a separate personality or a "Jiminy Cricket" type of conscience, or some other way.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

"Peter" brings the bowl-cut back into style.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Some of those predictions are pretty good, Mets.

While I don't think we'll see him as a member, I do think we'll see Spider-Man in the upcoming Avengers Assemble cartoon.

We'll see a new Spider-Man video game (yeah, I know this is a really safe prediction since they release a new one every year.) No idea what it will be about but I do hope it keeps the open world elements. (I think it would be really fun if they based it on Spider-Island, including a level where you play as Spider-MJ.)

Ultimate Spider-Man season 2 will be the last season. (The people who hate it will think it's because the show was not successful but the reality will be it did the 52 episodes that Marvel and Disney wanted.)

We'll see a battle between the Superior Spider-Man and Norman Osborn.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Some of those predictions are pretty good, Mets.

While I don't think we'll see him as a member, I do think we'll see Spider-Man in the upcoming Avengers Assemble cartoon.

We'll see a new Spider-Man video game (yeah, I know this is a really safe prediction since they release a new one every year.) No idea what it will be about but I do hope it keeps the open world elements. (I think it would be really fun if they based it on Spider-Island, including a level where you play as Spider-MJ.)

Ultimate Spider-Man season 2 will be the last season. (The people who hate it will think it's because the show was not successful but the reality will be it did the 52 episodes that Marvel and Disney wanted.)

I see two possibilities for Norman Osborn in the comics...

The confrontation between Osborn and Spidey may happen in the third Superior Spider-Man TPB. That would be just the time to do something to quickly bring attention back to the title.

Or Osborn was taken from the hospital as part of a last minute plan by Doc Ock, just in case he needed to put his mind into someone else's body. So his status may somehow tie to Peter's eventual return.

It's also possible that both of these things will happen, that Doc Ock abducted Norman, and Norman's pissed about it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I see two possibilities for Norman Osborn in the comics...

The confrontation between Osborn and Spidey may happen in the third Superior Spider-Man TPB. That would be just the time to do something to quickly bring attention back to the title.

Or Osborn was taken from the hospital as part of a last minute plan by Doc Ock, just in case he needed to put his mind into someone else's body. So his status may somehow tie to Peter's eventual return.

It's also possible that both of these things will happen, that Doc Ock abducted Norman, and Norman's pissed about it.
    That could kinda be funny. If Otto kidnaps Norman and puts him through this big, elaborate Master Plan the same way Norman would have done to Peter.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Utimate Spider-man TV show seems a bit to much like Deadpool as spiderman to me minus the killing. as for your second prediction I say most likely

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Octo-man has to get a Bowl Cut!!!

An actor will be cast as Norman Osborn for a small role in Amazing Spider-Man 2 and a bigger part in Amazing Spider-Man 3. It will either be Jamie Foxx's Django buddy Christoph Waltz, or Homeland's Damien Lewis. Sony may try to keep it a surprise, sort of like Nick Fury's appearance in the first Iron Man. But it's going to leak out, sort of like Nick Fury's appearance in the first Iron Man.
    I kind of wonder on this. I think ASM was a huge disappointment for Sony. The way they marketed the film it seemed like they were expecting way more money. I also think it put fans off from what I've seen. I thought it was better than Spider-Man 3, but it wasn't great.

Where I'm going with this: I kind of wonder if they will get to a third. Jamie Foxx is going to be a big part of that. He doesn't seem like the right actor for the part to me. He is too old and doesn't strike me as a loser. Max always struck me as a loser and I just think Foxx exudes confidence. We will see, but I'm worried the 2nd movie is going to lay a huge egg.

Ryan Stegman will have a very good year. He's done exceptional work on Scarlet Spider, and the first arc of Superior Spider-Man is his most high-profile run to date. He's a rare guy with a style that can draw in new readers, without alienating anyone, much like John Cassady. So he'll field big offers from Marvel and DC. Spider-Man fans may lose him.
    I hope this is true. I'm really intrigued by Stegman and I think this could be the saving grace of Superior.

My big prediction: I think Superior Spider-Man is going to launch with a lot of buzz. Slott's run will get some praise, but I don't see this idea working. Sales will start to drop off later in the year and people will start getting upset; Marvel editorial is included in that. Then things will change to mixed response until Slott leaves the title.

Story wise I think it might be half way decent, but the negative connotations it holds will be detrimental to the story. The book will also be hurt by editorial forcing him to be involved in the summers event which will screw up the pacing of the story.

Oh and I think MJ knows something. The way she responded to the Spidey costume has to mean something.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Ben or bust

Dying Wish goes "Boink" Farmernudie's Avatar

My prediction is that this new Thunderbolt Spider-Man direction won't last real long before we get the return of a good guy inside of Peter.

It would seem that someone in the Avengers will be onto the Spectacular Ock-Man pretty quickly also...and MJ i would like to think will figure it out quickly too. Maybe MJ and the Avengers can help facilitate the "Peter Quest" kind of similar to the "Vision Quest" years back....
    Ok....Superior Spider-Man is kinda interesting, i admit....that being said....i miss Peter Parker and that there isn't a "real" spider-man monthly being published

I can see Spock having an inner struggle with Peter throughout his adventures as the new Spider-Man. That would be interesting.
    "Remember that one time during the fight when it looked like you might actually win? No? Me neither." Spider-Man

I can predict that I will have another year of not buying any Spider-Man titles.
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

I don't think the Season 2 of "Ultimate Spider-Man" will be the last. Since it's the only place where we can see the REAL Spiderman in action this year, they will probably have to make a third one.