Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

So are we talking movie, book or game bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan8572 View Post
    So are we talking movie, book or game bugs?
    The thread maker said movie.

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthroe View Post
    Photon Torpedos are better than nukes. They are anti-matter bombs. Of course, the Enterprise can withstand nukes. And yeah, there is the genesis device. Which would destroy all life on a planet. Star Trek The Next Generation ships regularly displayed different ways to render a planet uninhabitable: Burning off a volcanic atmosphere with phaser fire, creating a plasma-reaction that burns off the atmosphere, or inducing a giant solar flare in a star. It's hard to say exactly what Kirk's ship could do, but any fraction of that kind of power would still be devastating. Also, they could just use their tractor beam to pull asteroids towards the bug planets.
    True I would think that if they used the Genesis device, they could take out the Bug home world especially the movie version (albeit I've only seen the first movie).

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    True I would think that if they used the Genesis device, they could take out the Bug home world especially the movie version (albeit I've only seen the first movie).
    The first movie was alright. The others though, sweet baby Jesus they were awful.

And yeah the Genesis device would work nice.

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    The first movie was alright. The others though, sweet baby Jesus they were awful.

And yeah the Genesis device would work nice.
    I disliked even the first one because I had read Heinlein's book years before and it tried to be realistic about space travel and how much a society changes over time. It didn't stay a military dictatorship. They came back to Earth at intervals and decades and centuries had passed on Earth due to the relative difference between the perceived passing of time on Earth as opposed to in space traveling at near lightspeed. Then there was carving up the Queen (in the movie) because they knew she was sentient but, not looking human, it didn't count. The first review I read began with, "This is what happens when you let fascists start making their own movies". Then they dumped the most original part of the book, powered armor, an idea Heinlein originated. The reason given was that the audience won't want to see impervious troops in armor slaughtering creatures that have no ability to threaten them except by numbers. Er, yeah, but we'll be okay with Nazi mutilation and torture. So, loved the book. After seeing the first movie, never bothered with the others.

So, against all the bugs - nuke them (haha) phaser, photon torp them from space. Don't land against the book bugs.

We really don't know the Bug ship capabilities - however, given the humans managed to get to Klendathu a couple of times, the planet can't be that heavily defended in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    For a moment I forgot about the Starship Troopers direct-to-video sequels and thought this statement was about the Star Trek movies. I was greatly confused.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I'm just going to say...BIOGENIC VIRUS. Ought to kill the bugs pretty good, and do it all the way across the galaxy.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...