Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Star Trek vs The Bugs

The Bugs (Starship Troopers) have decided that mankind must go. Sent to the planet Klandathu is Capt. Kirk and the Uss. Enterprise. Can Kirk and the Enterprise finish the bugs? (The Bugs will not surrender. Ever.)
    Religion is like a fart. It's only good when all the others stink.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

In the book, didn't the suit have like mini-nukes they were shooting?

Unless Kirk can speech them into submission, It's going to be a battle of attrition with the redshirts to see if they can get Kirk close enough to Kirk-Fu chop a queen.

Let's say it's the bugs from the movie. Do you think the Enterprize will be able to get close enough without being shot down for them to transport down?

Considering that the Enterprise has energy weapons that can bore into the planet from space on top of photon torpedoes, I don't think a lack of nukes is going to be a problem here. With the Shields and 'Lock-On' targeting I don't see them getting shot down either, as the plasma bugs are going to get picked off quickly without the 1-shot Kill against their old opponents.

They probably don't even need to get troops on the ground until 80-90% of the bugs are dead. After that the Red shirts are going to die alot, but I still think they can pull it off, even if they have to finish off the planet from orbit (Sensors to find a weak spot in the crust, phaser a hole to the core, then dump some torpedoes into it). This is ToS and the Bugs are a species out to kill humanity/Earth, I don't see them hesitating to take out Bug planets as they won't surrender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

The movie verse of Starship Troopers is ****ing awful. (I LOVE the book though.) Oh and Movie troopers had mini nukes.

Anyway

if they were truely smart, just blast the critters from space. As Kirk's time They *should* have more fire power than on Entreprise. (Older tech and phasers blew up mountains, with ease.)

Hell the Phaser alone does them in.

Lurkish Member Captain Jibberish's Avatar
    Near Lake Superior. But not in it. It's cold in there.

Phasers during the TNG era have the ability to destroy the crust and liquify the mantle of an entire planet (DS9 "The Die is Cast"), and Starfleet had protocols for planetary bombardment during the TOS era ("A Taste of Armageddon", General Order 24 would destroy all life on an entire Planet). I don't know how powerful the Plasma bugs are, but in "Balance of Terror" The Enterprise shields held against a nuclear explosion.

Total stomp if it's the movie bugs. Book Bugs - ST loses the ground fight. Bugs had tech and weapons. Their ships had nukes but we have little knowledge of their fighting capacity.
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 01-03-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Non PIS star trek has access to the genesis device no? (Star Trek III: The Search for Spock)

Gideon Seyetik's terraforming technology in DS9: "Second Sight" was based upon the Genesis Device so add some protomatter into the warhead...
    Last edited by Max Sterling; 01-01-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Kirk seduces the Bug Queen...and the fight ENDS IN SEX.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    In the book, didn't the suit have like mini-nukes they were shooting?

Unless Kirk can speech them into submission, It's going to be a battle of attrition with the redshirts to see if they can get Kirk close enough to Kirk-Fu chop a queen.
    The Enterprise has taken a full nuke and just been knocked around, and why in the world would they beam off their ship?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    The Enterprise has taken a full nuke and just been knocked around, and why in the world would they beam off their ship?
    The same reason they beam off every episode?

Doesn't matter though, the ships easily skip to "nuke them from orbit" mode once they realize they have to.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Kirk doesn't have enough Dramatic Fight Montage Music to cover a whole planet of bugs.

Definitely nuke them from space.

Think of the orchestra! Won't somebody please think of the orchestra!
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I was more saying because the Enterprise doesn't HAVE nukes.

And when did they get hit with a nuke??

they got hit by the Nuke when they were fighting the Romulans that had the forced implosion weapon. After the Romulan ship was crippled, they jettisoned a nuclear warhead with a bunch of trash and the body of one of the crew, the way a sub would eject stuff to try to make the ship that hit it think that they had sunk it. IIRC the episode was Balance of Terror.

Ive been told by some of my trekie friends that supposedly the tech manuels show how you use 1 photon torpedo to prime a atmosphere and a second to ignite it.

So unless the bugs can survive that win by Trek
    Thanos then turns Supes' balls into kryptonite, taking him out, leaving just Black Adam and Captain Marvel who then cling to each other in terror screaming "I love you!"
    - Illidania

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron just before killing Ironhide

Proud Member of the RED SON