Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is anyone actually reading Talon?

I quite liked the zero issue but since then my interest in Calvin and whatever's going on has dramatically plummeted.

Is anyone on here reading it?

Is the thing actually selling? No one ever talks about and the fact that they changed artists after two issues hardly seems like a good thing.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

I read it, its ok.

I am, it's surprisingly pretty great.

It's pretty much what I expected. Good quality book, though nothing to really write home about, and Tynion feels a bit Snyder-lite though I expect he'll get better about that with time and experience.

Yes, it's fun.

BANNED

It's okay, Tynion is doing his best to make the main character interesting and relatable, the problem is that his writing is not that distinctive.

I got the zero issue and thought it was pretty good, then as I was reading the #1 issue, a few pages in I realized I just didn't care about what was happening at all, and I kind of glazed through the rest of the issue fully knowing I was going to drop it. Tynion (and Synder I guess) have tried their best to come up with a reason why this series should exist, but it doesn't really feel interesting enough to this reader. Calvin's "Alfred" figure doesn't appeal to me and I just don't really give a crap about his revenge mission. It's not a bad book, it's just an "I don't care" book.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

I just dropped it
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

The Zero issue was fantastic but I just cant care about his revenge mission.The Court of Owls are faceless,nameless mooks and there is no variety when it comes to the villains.

I may drop after the March issue
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

This book had cancel written all over it before it even came out. Talon is to Batman as

was to Spider-Man back in the day. An incredibly lame copy/interpretation of something that already exists that is WAY superior in every way.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

It's a great book from top to bottom. Art, writing and colors. James needs to get out of Snyders shadow quick though.

I'm still buying Talon, but have dropped Batman and Robin and Nightwing. (Batman: The Dark Knight is also on shaky ground.)
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

If you'd asked, I could not have said with any degree of certainty whether the book had started yet or not.

But I'm not reading any bat-books right now, so I'm probably not the best gauge.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

I might drop it in a few issues. I want to finish this first arc to see what happens, but I'll agree my interest in the book has lowered with each new issue.

The art is great, but the story seems a little cut-and-copy right now. I had high hopes for Tynion and still think he's a good writer (from what I've seen), but the book just hasn't done it for me yet.

I also feel like it suffers due to the whole Court of Owls background. Once the Batman Owls arc ended and the Joker arc began, I wask ind of glad the CoO storyline had finished up. Now returning to it monthly feels a little stagnant. If the books makes it far enough, I feel it'll benefit whenever Calvin finally wraps up his history with the Court, if it is ever even supposed to happen.

I think it'd be cool if DC decides to cancel it, they at least give it an ending. Maybe use the series as a way to lead Calvin back to being an 'evil' Talon - it'd be an effective way to create a new major Batman villain haha.