Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 122
  1. #91
    My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,825

    Default

    There's been I tie-in for DoTF, and a tie-in for CoO. Either way, it wasn't the tie-ins that bothered me, it was the way they were written that I didn't like.

  2. #92
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    I thought the CoO tie-in was done pretty well. It didn't suck up the whole plot and characters the way this Joker tie-in has. Then again, Rocafort was still there.
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 01-06-2013 at 11:19 AM.

  3. #93
    My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I thought the CoO tie-in was done pretty well. It didn't suck up the whole plot and characters the way this Joker tie-in has. Then again, Rocafort was still there.
    I really want to be buying a title with Rocafort on art. Dude's so bad ass. I'm tempted to buy Superman, just to look at the "purty pictures".

    Like I said, the part the bothers me the most, is when Jason talk to the reader like you're his old childhood pal. I don't know why it bothers me like it does, but, it does.

  4. #94
    The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    11,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    I really want to be buying a title with Rocafort on art. Dude's so bad ass. I'm tempted to buy Superman, just to look at the "purty pictures".

    Like I said, the part the bothers me the most, is when Jason talk to the reader like you're his old childhood pal. I don't know why it bothers me like it does, but, it does.
    Honestly, Superman is actually pretty good. Even if u didn't enjoy RHatO (or TT), which personally i did not, u might want to give his Superman a look. U might like it.

  5. #95
    Shut up, Leonard FHIZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    10,146

    Default

    Yeah, I pretty much picked it up for Rocafort's art, but I'm finding it pretty enjoyable so far. Rubs me the wrong way in some spots, but fun, nevertheless. Really looking forward to Clark exposing the Suicide Squad.

  6. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    But dude, he's like all connected with Snyder. So that mean he's just gonna make it another generic Batbook...
    Basically this.
    Besides, why would we wanna risk testing out anything with a relatively untested writer when the book is doing just fine. Last I remember this book is in the top 50 and the trade made it to NY times best sellers as well as top 10 graphic novels of the month.

  7. #97
    All Caste Warrior JasonTodd428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Acres of All
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    But dude, he's like all connected with Snyder. So that mean he's just gonna make it another generic Batbook...
    Maybe it will be opportunity for him to break away from Snyder and to do his own thing though. Talon is a street level book because that is were it fits best but that doesn't necessarily mean that Tynion is going to make RH book that type of book. Not ever writer is a one trick pony after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Basically this.
    Besides, why would we wanna risk testing out anything with a relatively untested writer when the book is doing just fine. Last I remember this book is in the top 50 and the trade made it to NY times best sellers as well as top 10 graphic novels of the month.
    Maybe DC feels it could be selling more? Maybe DC thinks a creative team shake up would draw new readers in? There have been plenty of other shake ups among titles of late but other than that I've really no idea.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-07-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

  8. #98
    Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    I'm not sure how to take this. Tynion is obviously Snyder's boy, so first I have to think that RHatO is going to become a Bat-Fam book, and leave the YJ line. Next I have to think that Snyder has plans for Jason (amazing how that happens right after Morrison finds a new use for him). And lastly I feel it's likely that there will be much more Joker controlling Jason's life stuff. None of this really excites me. I haven't read Talon but that is because with the exception of DotF, the zombie owl assassins are probably the worst thing Snyder has ever created. I have a feeling this isn't going to be good for RHatO's stories, but it'll probably see a sales bump every time Snyder ties it in

  9. #99
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Maybe DC feels it could be selling more? Maybe DC thinks a creative team shake up would draw new readers in? There have been plenty of other shake ups among titles of late but other than that I've really no idea.
    On second thought, whether it could sell better or not, I think "Batgirl" and "Nightwing" are just bigger names than "Red Hood."

    I guess we'll see how the Joker tie-in affects sales.

    On Tynion himself - I don't doubt that he can do stuff besides Talon and tying into Snyder. But it's possible Red Hood will become another generic Batman book not just because of the writer, but because editorial chooses to tie the book in closer to the Batman family.

  10. #100
    All Caste Warrior JasonTodd428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Acres of All
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    On second thought, whether it could sell better or not, I think "Batgirl" and "Nightwing" are just bigger names than "Red Hood."

    I guess we'll see how the Joker tie-in affects sales.
    That's true. It could also be that they are trying for a "younger and fresher voice" on the title. There have been a lot of people talking about the need for younger, fresher writers on some titles particularly those with younger casts like Red Hood and Teen Titans. Could be that DC is actually taking notice of fans at least to some extent.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

  11. #101
    The-One-Above-All robcastor729's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Goleta, Ca
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    I thought RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS was part of the Bat-Line only for the tie-in issues. If it becomes like some have said a generic book in the Bat-Line then I may be dropping it. But hoping it goes back to the YJ-Line then I believe it has potential to be something good
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

  12. #102
    The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    11,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Maybe it will be opportunity for him to break away from Snyder and to do his own thing though. Talon is a street level book because that is were it fits best but that doesn't necessarily mean that Tynion is going to make RH book that type of book. Not ever writer is a one trick pony after all.
    I was being sarcastic

  13. #103
    The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    11,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Basically this.
    Besides, why would we wanna risk testing out anything with a relatively untested writer when the book is doing just fine. Last I remember this book is in the top 50 and the trade made it to NY times best sellers as well as top 10 graphic novels of the month.
    I don't think it has anything to do with sales. I think Lobdell probably just has another book coming, or is moving to another book.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-07-2013 at 12:14 PM.

  14. #104
    All Caste Warrior JasonTodd428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Acres of All
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I was being sarcastic
    Sometimes it's difficult to tell that online.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

  15. #105
    All Caste Warrior JasonTodd428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Acres of All
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Double post.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-07-2013 at 02:09 PM.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •