Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

There's been I tie-in for DoTF, and a tie-in for CoO. Either way, it wasn't the tie-ins that bothered me, it was the way they were written that I didn't like.

BANNED

I thought the CoO tie-in was done pretty well. It didn't suck up the whole plot and characters the way this Joker tie-in has. Then again, Rocafort was still there.
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 01-06-2013 at 11:19 AM.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I thought the CoO tie-in was done pretty well. It didn't suck up the whole plot and characters the way this Joker tie-in has. Then again, Rocafort was still there.
    I really want to be buying a title with Rocafort on art. Dude's so bad ass. I'm tempted to buy Superman, just to look at the "purty pictures".

Like I said, the part the bothers me the most, is when Jason talk to the reader like you're his old childhood pal. I don't know why it bothers me like it does, but, it does.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    I really want to be buying a title with Rocafort on art. Dude's so bad ass. I'm tempted to buy Superman, just to look at the "purty pictures".

Like I said, the part the bothers me the most, is when Jason talk to the reader like you're his old childhood pal. I don't know why it bothers me like it does, but, it does.
    Honestly, Superman is actually pretty good. Even if u didn't enjoy RHatO (or TT), which personally i did not, u might want to give his Superman a look. U might like it.

Yeah, I pretty much picked it up for Rocafort's art, but I'm finding it pretty enjoyable so far. Rubs me the wrong way in some spots, but fun, nevertheless. Really looking forward to Clark exposing the Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    But dude, he's like all connected with Snyder. So that mean he's just gonna make it another generic Batbook...
    Basically this.
    Besides, why would we wanna risk testing out anything with a relatively untested writer when the book is doing just fine. Last I remember this book is in the top 50 and the trade made it to NY times best sellers as well as top 10 graphic novels of the month.

But dude, he's like all connected with Snyder. So that mean he's just gonna make it another generic Batbook...
    Maybe it will be opportunity for him to break away from Snyder and to do his own thing though. Talon is a street level book because that is were it fits best but that doesn't necessarily mean that Tynion is going to make RH book that type of book. Not ever writer is a one trick pony after all.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Basically this.
    Besides, why would we wanna risk testing out anything with a relatively untested writer when the book is doing just fine. Last I remember this book is in the top 50 and the trade made it to NY times best sellers as well as top 10 graphic novels of the month.
    Maybe DC feels it could be selling more? Maybe DC thinks a creative team shake up would draw new readers in? There have been plenty of other shake ups among titles of late but other than that I've really no idea.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-07-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

I'm not sure how to take this. Tynion is obviously Snyder's boy, so first I have to think that RHatO is going to become a Bat-Fam book, and leave the YJ line. Next I have to think that Snyder has plans for Jason (amazing how that happens right after Morrison finds a new use for him). And lastly I feel it's likely that there will be much more Joker controlling Jason's life stuff. None of this really excites me. I haven't read Talon but that is because with the exception of DotF, the zombie owl assassins are probably the worst thing Snyder has ever created. I have a feeling this isn't going to be good for RHatO's stories, but it'll probably see a sales bump every time Snyder ties it in

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Maybe DC feels it could be selling more? Maybe DC thinks a creative team shake up would draw new readers in? There have been plenty of other shake ups among titles of late but other than that I've really no idea.
    On second thought, whether it could sell better or not, I think "Batgirl" and "Nightwing" are just bigger names than "Red Hood."

I guess we'll see how the Joker tie-in affects sales.

On Tynion himself - I don't doubt that he can do stuff besides Talon and tying into Snyder. But it's possible Red Hood will become another generic Batman book not just because of the writer, but because editorial chooses to tie the book in closer to the Batman family.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    On second thought, whether it could sell better or not, I think "Batgirl" and "Nightwing" are just bigger names than "Red Hood."

I guess we'll see how the Joker tie-in affects sales.
    That's true. It could also be that they are trying for a "younger and fresher voice" on the title. There have been a lot of people talking about the need for younger, fresher writers on some titles particularly those with younger casts like Red Hood and Teen Titans. Could be that DC is actually taking notice of fans at least to some extent.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

I thought RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS was part of the Bat-Line only for the tie-in issues. If it becomes like some have said a generic book in the Bat-Line then I may be dropping it. But hoping it goes back to the YJ-Line then I believe it has potential to be something good
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Maybe it will be opportunity for him to break away from Snyder and to do his own thing though. Talon is a street level book because that is were it fits best but that doesn't necessarily mean that Tynion is going to make RH book that type of book. Not ever writer is a one trick pony after all.
    I was being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Basically this.
    I don't think it has anything to do with sales. I think Lobdell probably just has another book coming, or is moving to another book.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-07-2013 at 12:14 PM.

I was being sarcastic
    Sometimes it's difficult to tell that online.

Double post.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-07-2013 at 02:09 PM.