Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I didn't like Lobdells writing at all to be honest, so this seems good. Especially since at the rate it was going I would've renamed it "Red Hood and the Naked Chick"

Quote Originally Posted by Broken-Joke View Post
    I didn't like Lobdells writing at all to be honest, so this seems good. Especially since at the rate it was going I would've renamed it "Red Hood and the Naked Chick"
    I'll never understand why people keeps saying things like this.

Probably because they either haven't read it at all and are going by what's been said online or they never read passed that page in issue one. Either way I tend to ignore those types of comments. It's not really worth it to argue with people whose minds are already made up.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Probably because they either haven't read it at all and are going by what's been said online or they never read passed that page in issue one. Either way I tend to ignore those types of comments. It's not really worth it to argue with people whose minds are already made up.
    Pretty much.

Hey now there I have read 7 issues, it isn't very good to me.
    All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day."
    -Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Broken-Joke View Post
    Hey now there I have read 7 issues, it isn't very good to me.
    Sorry if I offended you somehow but I was speaking more in the general sense rather than about you specifically. A lot of people who have made comments similar to yours have been those who either never read passed issue one or who only are doing lip service to the controversy without really having read the issue at all because they think its a cool thing to do. Both groups annoy the heck out of me as do the snippy side comments made by a lot of the reporter and bloggers on some of the comic news sites. Glad to see you are in neither camp.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Red Hood is my favorite Lobdell book. Superman looking good now that he's on board also. Will hate to see him leave the Hood because I love his Jason and Starfire. Admittedly, Roy needs some work. Really enjoy how the book goes from street level dealings to mystic to spacewalks and now with the Joker and other teams. Its always been a fun book to me.

BANNED

Roy hasn't been explored as much, but I like how Lobdell has used him as the MacGuyver of the DCU.

I don't think Lobdell is Morrison here, but he did create his genre bending book that goes from horror to cosmic to whimsical fantasy to soap, I just can't imagine anyone else taking over this book. When Tynion was attached to it, it made me feel like he'll turn this into another street level bat book. It is kinda sad really. What this book needed was a new artist, not a new writer.

Huzzah! I'm still reading RH&O, but I have felt like the whole space thing and Lobdell's writing is just off for me. I haven't been the biggest fan of Starfire and I've never gotten her fit in this book; I thought she belongs better in something like Justice League International or World's Finest. I feel like a different female character, like Cass Cain, Onyx, or Rose Wilson would be a better fit with this book (at least a female character who didn't have crazy powers as neither Jason or Roy have powers of any kind). Jason and Roy both seem like street level characters and Starfire just fits weirdly with that, plus I haven't been a fan of how Lobdell has written her at all.

It's a fun book, but none of the arcs have been all that exciting and none of them really seem to resolve in a satisfying way. The arc prior to Death in the Family was definitely the worst one and I have been pretty close to dropping this book, which is sad because I've wanted to support Jason. I also really didn't like Lobdell's re-working of Jason's origin story in #0, as it seemed really convoluted.

I am quite excited to see what James (the Fourth!) will bring to this book.
    ~*Oh my Stars and Garters*~
    Check out f!yeahjtoddz. It's hella relevant to my interests.

This is sad. RHatO was Lobdell's best book. And he brought something unique and different to it that I don't think James can. He's a very typical street writer. He's good, very good actually, but he isn't what Red Hood needs.

Tynion has been writing professionally for less than a year, to say whether or not he's capable of doing something different than his current work is just talking out of one's own ass. Basically, you don't know.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

But dude, he's like all connected with Snyder. So that mean he's just gonna make it another generic Batbook...

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    But dude, he's like all connected with Snyder. So that mean he's just gonna make it another generic Batbook...

DUDE! Snyder-Lite!!!!! The two issues I've read of this book (the tie-ins), I thought were very sub-par. I know they are a different beasts when they are tie-in issues, but one thing I hated is the way Lobdell has Jason talking to the reader like he's your friend. I got tired of that, real fast. Oh, and that towel fight was the worst.

BANNED

There's only been one tie-in so far, and this book because crap the moment they tied it into Snyder's drivel.