Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    This is bull, but I've already argued about this with you before, so I'm guessing you've just made your mind up and aren't going to change it despite what you see.
    It isn't bull. She isn't lighthearted at all. You can gripe about her being "in charge" or whatever now, but she is still a lot more serious and removed in tone.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Just DC and Marvel.
    but even then, there are ways to improve them w/o them having to die and presumably be reborn. A rebirth won't necessarily entail some creative renaissance. There are other ways to "fix" the Big 2.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

BANNED

I guess this discussion is worth continuing in the comics industry thread.

But to quote the band Tool, "The only way to fix it is to flush it all away."

Yeah I know...I just want to see more diversity/creativity at DC. Actually for the most part I'm enjoying a few titles, but the Batman line is crap and apparently will only get worse.
    I also understand where you are coming from, so much just feels like retreading, but the goal of any business is to make money and the Batman line is the best selling line in comics at the moment and I can't see why they would change something that is working, sales-wise anyway. So even if we want something more "outside the box" it wouldn't make sense for them to change what they are doing.

BANNED

Well that would be the second of the three original N52 books Lobdell started on that he's left, hopefully TT isnt far behind.
    However sparking with creativity people seem to find him, I think in the longer run he will damage the books he is on by lacking a grander plan for them.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

But to quote the band Tool, "The only way to fix it is to flush it all away."
    Well, in the case of Los Angeles, I won't argue!
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

To me Starfire hasn't changed much in the comics. Maybe a little more confident in that she shows it more but not much has changed.

I've enjoyed Red Hood and Teen Titans has been okay with great moments. Can't say anything about Superboy, but I think Lobdell's easily had the most entertaining issues for Superman since the new 52 began. The title finally feels like it has a focus, while the other creative teams before Lobdell felt like they were writing filler and killing time for the writing freedom that would happen once Morrison would be done with his Action run.

I feel like if he was going to be removed from one of his books it should have been Teen Titans.

His RH was okay, and honestly I think Tynion could be used better elsewhere (TD solo plz?).

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Nevermind.

I'll admit I was among those who got hung up over the controversy of the first issue. I've only read the zero issue of Talon, but it was fantastic and putting Tynion on Red Hood and the Outlaws would definitely make me consider getting the book. In a way, it's like how I was avoiding Green Arrow until I heard Lemire and Sorrentino were taking over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    I've enjoyed Red Hood and Teen Titans has been okay with great moments. Can't say anything about Superboy, but I think Lobdell's easily had the most entertaining issues for Superman since the new 52 began. The title finally feels like it has a focus, while the other creative teams before Lobdell felt like they were writing filler and killing time for the writing freedom that would happen once Morrison would be done with his Action run.
    The first few Superboy issues were fantastic, some of the best issues of the New 52 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Now if DC can get Khary Randolph on art because Timothy Green III's art is shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by robcastor729 View Post
    I've never heard of Khary Randolph, but I do kind of agree about Green's art
    I'll take any and every chance to promote my friend's work (we were classmates at SVA):

http://kharyrandolph.deviantart.com/?rnrd=23204

http://www.kharupt.com/

http://kharupt.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqH4svw7ueg
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

I'll miss Lobdell on this title but I have been enjoying Talonso I'm interested to see what Tynion brings to the table here. He seems to be a pretty solid writer thus far and this could be a good opportunity for him find his own voice. Now if DC would just put a decent artist back on the title we'd be good. Green just isn't doing it for me.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Wow thanks for the links
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"