Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    Thankfully not all of us are impressed with Kori being rebooted into a Snooki-shaped sex doll. We were happy with her as she was.
    So it was okay when she was a whiny snooki-shaped sex doll?

BANNED

I just remembered he wanted to do that Teen Titans spinoff with Raven. Maybe he lost a bit of enthusiasm for Red Hood with the artist change when deciding what to drop.

So I'm expecting that book for Fifth Wave. Tynion isn't the ideal replacement, but I can see from the editor's POV, he's that Bat-writer that's waiting in the wings for more books.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    Thankfully not all of us are impressed with Kori being rebooted into a Snooki-shaped sex doll. We were happy with her as she was.
    How was she pre-Nu52?I have no clue since I only read Batgirl before the reboot.

BANNED

I'm really tired of Roy's complete lack of history. It's like they're waiting for it to be told in Green Arrow, but no one over in Green Arrow even knows what to do, so no one gives him any history.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    How was she pre-Nu52?I have no clue since I only read Batgirl before the reboot.
    She was exactly the same, except her harsh independent attitude was a submissive confused alien teenager, which is actually worse.
    Last edited by DrSimonHurt; 01-01-2013 at 11:59 AM.

I'm not a fan of Lobdell, or this book, as I don't think he is that good a writer but I think he should have been taken off of TT before this one. He at least seemed to have a direction he wanted to go with this title. Though honestly, I think Rocafort is the person that made people love this book and losing him was a far greater loss. Lobdell is pretty replaceable. Not like he did anything that another writer couldn't duplicate. Plus James Tynion IV is an okay writer and I like that someone with a younger voice is on a title with teen/young adults at least. If he writes Jason semi-well I doubt the book's numbers will change any. Since he is the main reason people follow the title.

She was a lot more lighthearted before, but it seems lighthearted characters and the New 52 just don't fit together anymore.

Red Hood has lost a lot of steam and talon has been a lot of fun. I'm okay with this change.

At least tynion doesn't seem to be the 'retcon s*** for the hell of it' type.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

She had her memory intact for starters. She was fun, open, transparent, and blunt. There was a sense of opportunity in the way she faced new experiences.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    She had her memory intact for starters. .
    She has her memories here too, so find another starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    She was fun, open, transparent, and blunt. There was a sense of opportunity in the way she faced new experiences.
    And... how is that different? Anyone who's read most of the run could see that's not a huge leap away for her current portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    She was a lot more lighthearted before, but it seems lighthearted characters and the New 52 just don't fit together anymore.
    This is bull, but I've already argued about this with you before, so I'm guessing you've just made your mind up and aren't going to change it despite what you see.

I can be up for this. Maybe this is just the right book to give Tynion the right boost he needs to improve. So far he hasn't really worked on a book without Snyder's hands on it, so this could be a good chance from him to really show what kind of writer he is. I'll check this out in the future and hope for the best.

Between this,Batgirl and Nightwing its hard to decide which needed a creative change more. Still Red Hood and the Outlaws is the only book in the bat line that is still underwhelming every issue no need to even touch on how bad Starfire has been in this book.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

She does? I thought they hadn't chaged that since in the Dotf tie-in she didn't remember what Joker was and she talked about Roy like she had only met him in the first issue.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 01-01-2013 at 07:54 PM.

I‛m having mixed thoughts on this, on one hand the book would benefit with a new writer giving it new life and avoiding possible stagnation (we don't wanna end like OŽNeill's Azrael after all) and Tinion has showed talent on the backups and on Talon. On the other hand this could put the book directly under Snyder's whims and that might be in detriment for the characters, Lobdell has made a superb work fleshing them out and I would like to them to continue that way.
    In any case, if this's true hopefully also means a new artist on the book

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I actually kind of like Timothy Green II's art. I understand why people don't like it but I think it looks unique and has a "weird" flavor that I think is cool.
    I too am another Green II supporter. I think ppl dislike his work by default just b/c he followed Rocafort. Had Green II just been the regular artist on BoP or Firestorm or something, I'm sure fewer ppl would have such resentment towards him.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison