Default Kirby Genesis and Project Superpowers returning?

Hello. I have been told that Dynamite will bring back both Kirby Genesis and Project Superpowers. Does anyone know if this is true? I can't seem to find anything from Google. IIRC, Project Superpowers was supposed to return for Chapter Three a few years ago so I've been waiting for this series for too long. Kirby Genesis just ended to abruptly.

On a side note, does anyone know if Topps Comics Kirbyverse take place in the same 'universe' as Kirby Genesis? If not, are these books worth tracking down?

Despite what Dynamite said, why would they bring back comic titles that did not sell well enough to begin with?
    What would make the sales at least twice as high as before? Thats the reality

1. Both have been mentioned by Dynamite to return. Superpowers is more likely to happen sometime in the near future, but no creative teams or dates have been announced. Not sure where they stand on the licenses for the Kirbyverse, so who knows where that could go.

2. Per Kurt Busiek, anything that was written by Kirby is cannon. So the Captain Victory and Silver Star books by Pacific are, but the Secret City Saga, etc is not.

3. If you look at the sales for the first few issues, they are VERY good. If you dont believe me, check Comichron.com. The problems came when the books got delayed, promotion came to a standstill, and quality of the spin off series dropped. If Dynamite had fully invested, distributed on time, and made better decisions on creative (like not giving Ross so much control and bringing in some better artists on the spinoffs) these books might still be on the shelves.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Hello. I have been told that Dynamite will bring back both Kirby Genesis and Project Superpowers. Does anyone know if this is true? I can't seem to find anything from Google. IIRC, Project Superpowers was supposed to return for Chapter Three a few years ago so I've been waiting for this series for too long. Kirby Genesis just ended to abruptly.

On a side note, does anyone know if Topps Comics Kirbyverse take place in the same 'universe' as Kirby Genesis? If not, are these books worth tracking down?
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...byverse-titles
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Nick Barucci (Dynamite CEO) has said multiple times on the official Dynamite forums over the past couple of months that Project Superpowers will be returning with announcements possibly coming in early 2013. As a part of the teaser he also mentioned a superstar writer is attached to the project, afterward he mentioned "TKC" as a clue as to who is could be.

As for the Kirby: Genesis titles, Nick mentioned a while back that the line would return in 2013 at some point, though it seems far fetched with the company making other huge announcements regarding other projects in 2013. I personally feel as if they're going to lay the line to rest, but Nick DID say it would return. I guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ish Kabbible View Post
    Despite what Dynamite said, why would they bring back comic titles that did not sell well enough to begin with?
    What would make the sales at least twice as high as before? Thats the reality
    They really didn't sell well?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Kirby: Genesis sold really well at the start, the first 3 issues ranked in the top 100 Diamond list until the delays happened. Once the books became delayed both the core title and the spin-off's) the line started to lose steam and with no word from Dynamite about the late shipping the fans all but abandoned the line. This line of books proves to me that if you promote them and get them out on time that fans will continue to support it, but as soon as you slip and begin shipping late the fans will all but ignore you.

Project Superpowers was really popular at it's height, the #0 issue was once #4 on the Diamond list and there was all kinds of hype and fandom surrounding the line. Unfortunately the numbers started to drop as soon as Dynamite stopped promoting it so hard and the spin-off titles (while good) didn't maintain high sales after their first issues. All in all, the core Project Superpowers title pretty much lived between #120-150 in Diamond's top 300 list which is damn good considering the amount of titles Marvel and DC put's out coupled along with Marvel's double shipping. Project Superpowers V1 and V2 were both very popular.