Default Hawkeye Vol. 1 My Life as a Weapon question

I'm planning to get this book when it comes out in March. But I'm kinda bummed that it only contains 5 issues and another issue from another series. Plus, it's not a hardcover. Do you Marvel guys know if popular series such as these get released in a larger book and in hardcover eventually?

I'm mostly a DC reader but have been intrigued by this Fraction book.

Thanks!
    Reading: Batman, Wonder Woman, American Vampire, The Walking Dead, Ghostbusters, Transformers
    Considering: Swamp Thing, Animal Man

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

These days the hardcovers are reserved for the "big books." Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, that sorta thing.

It represents a single issue of "Young Avengers Presents," which was a mini-series that told a single issue story about a member of the Young Avengers. Said issue focused on Kate Bishop's first meeting with Clint Barton. Considering said issue was also written by Matt Fraction and focuses on the beginnings of the friendship between the two leads of his Hawkeye ongoing, there is logic in reprinting it with the first few Hawkeye issues.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

2.99 titles seem to default to trades instead of HCs. However, Hawkeye is so popular and so well recieved that I wouldn't be surprised if it got the oversized HC treatment that DD is getting. Thats the format I'm waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    2.99 titles seem to default to trades instead of HCs. However, Hawkeye is so popular and so well recieved that I wouldn't be surprised if it got the oversized HC treatment that DD is getting. Thats the format I'm waiting for.
    I'm with you. Hoping for some sort of HC/omnibus when this is all said and done. It's a work of art I want to see under one glorious hardcover.

Yeah... This is hard for me.

I have each issue of Hawkguy in digital and am planning on buying a hardcopy. I want to buy the first trade, but if a hardcover comes out I want that too. Right now... I"m having a hard time believing that this won't have an oversized hardover. And when it does I will pre-order it within .00000000001 seconds of the announcement.

The "YA Presents" with Kate is pretty great though. I wish Marvel would make it available on digital. If you read through most of the YA stories, Kate's interactions with Clint will make absolute perfect sense, and Fraction's YA Presents "Hawkeye" is a key moment in their relationship. Mighty Avengers 29 and Children's Crusade #6 pretty much solidify the amicable nature of the relationship from there.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by dvader View Post
    Do you Marvel guys know if popular series such as these get released in a larger book and in hardcover eventually?

Thanks!
    There'll be a swanky omnibus eventually, presuming the series lasts at least a couple of years (which it will).

DC doesn't do those as I recall, other than for Events (I've seen one for 52) and masterworks sort of things, but with Marvel it's pretty much the norm that any acclaimed run that lasts a while will get collected in a big hardcover volume.
    Last edited by PupsOfWar; 01-01-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    DC doesn't do those as I recall, other than for Events (I've seen one for 52) and masterworks sort of things, but with Marvel it's pretty much the norm that any acclaimed run that lasts a while will get collected in a big hardcover volume.
    They do. I've got two volumes of Teen Titans in omnibus format, with a third coming soon.

I've a bunch of oversized HC volumes from DC too of more recent runs. Mainly Superman stories.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Does any one have the Volume 1 Oversized HC? Can you confirm how many issues are in it? Some places say 1-5, some 1-11.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyhawke View Post
    Does any one have the Volume 1 Oversized HC? Can you confirm how many issues are in it? Some places say 1-5, some 1-11.

Thanks
    1-11 and the Young Avengers Presents: Hawkeye issue.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkingbird13 View Post
    1-11 and the Young Avengers Presents: Hawkeye issue.
    Nice, thanks.
    I'll probably be getting it then!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyhawke View Post
    Nice, thanks.
    I'll probably be getting it then!
    Make sure you get the right one! I made that mistake by ordering it as Vol. 1 and got it wrong... easily fixed but seriously egg-on-face.