Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The Dark and Terrible

I presume this is the story referenced by those sketches in The art of Hellboy. Cool!

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...-and-terrible/
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

Was just about to post this. You beat me to it! :)

Wow. Super excited about this. Sebastion's rendition of Abe looks really cool, and it's gonna be here earlier than I thought!

Oh man, that looks to be awesome. And I'm loving Abe's look, much less mutated looking then I thought he'd be. Then again we're not seeing his whole body uncovered, so who knows.

I'm excited Abe's getting his own ongoing, but also kinda sad this means he won't be in BPRD for so long.

Man, I really hate that my scanner is broken! I received a character study of the new Abe for writing a letter to Hellmail a while back and I wish I could show it off as it gives a much better view of Abe than the pictures in that story.

I'm so glad I can finally talk about this! I've been sworn to silence for so long. Scott Allie was awesome when I spoke to him at New York Comic Con, and he responded to my enthusiasm by telling me about this project. But I couldn't tell anyone! I was so exited about it and I couldn't breathe a word!

BUT I CAN NOW!

Abe is going to be a monthly series for a long time. Sebastian Fiumara and Max Fiumara will be tag-teaming on the book to keep it on a monthly schedule. They'll be working very closely together.

This is going to be #&$%ing amazing.
    Last edited by Middenway; 01-01-2013 at 03:07 AM.

@thwhtGuardian - Do you have a digital camera you can take a photo of it with?

And I'm kinda down about all this, I'm gonna have enough trouble affording all the BPRD again and now I have to squeeze in Abe. Cause there is no way I'm not getting it.

Ah well, I'll squeeze it in somehow.
    Last edited by TheCollector222; 12-31-2012 at 06:38 PM.

I'm pretty technology deficient. I have a poloroid camera, and both my laptop and my cell phone are six years old.

Aah, poor Abe. I'm so glad they're going to do more stories about him because I think there's a lot more to learn about him. He's a tragic hero.
    I'm the voice inside your head that you refuse to hear
    I'm the face that you have to face, mirrored in your stare
    ~Foo Fighters - The Pretender

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I received a character study of the new Abe for writing a letter to Hellmail a while back...
    This one?

"The evil I can tolerate, but the stupidity!!!"

This looks awesome, Abe is my favorite Hellverse character so you can guess how psyched I am for this!

Those character studies look really good!

The title is DARK AND TERRIBLE, but that's just the first 3 issues. And it won't quite be monthly, because there's a break after #5, but it will be ongoing for the foreseeable future. The Fiumara Bros are amazing. Look for more previews in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by noble_enough View Post
    I presume this is the story referenced by those sketches in The art of Hellboy. Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Allie View Post
    The title is DARK AND TERRIBLE
    I'm glad that title from the Art Of book is being used. I always thought it was a good one. I very much doubt the content will be anything like what was seen in those old sketches though.

I love the way Abe looks in those sketches above. Sebastian Fiumara's Abe is one I'm very keen to seen more of.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    This one?

That's the one!

I was so excited when I got that.

Default Dark and Terrible sketches

For anyone interested, here are the sketches done for the original version of Dark and Terrible back in 1996. They were published in The Art of Hellboy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkAndTerrible1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	106756
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkAndTerrible2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	106757

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's the one!

I was so excited when I got that.
    Wow, that's really awesome that you got that!

Those will be part of the official character studies that will be used or gone back to for the whole of the title. Since mr. Max or mr. Sebastian will have that on their computer, both as mr. Scott I'd presume. So that was some gift. Like a $500 gift, easily, without taking into account the scarcity or uniqueness to a piece like that. So congrats and hang on to it.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 01-05-2013 at 07:37 AM.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.