Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Default Daredevil #22 Preview: Someone is about to get CRUSHED!

I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

So either Daredevil figures it out, or he can tell by his (heartbeat?) that he means serious business.

Looks so good. Don't read DD anymore due to fiscal restraints but I will definetly pick this issue up.
    In PAK We Trust!

Check out my friends Indie Comic Hoods! www.hoodscomic.com

And Check out his Podcast Smashville!

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    So either Daredevil figures it out, or he can tell by his (heartbeat?) that he means serious business.
    DD doesn't know Pete's secret identity anymore.

Don't know if there would be a difference in their heartbeat, since they're technically the same person. But the opportunity's clearly there for Waid to create whatever kind of pseudo-science rule he wants!

Marvel Handbook Rule 32,400,256, 197: In case of mind-swap/personality transfusions, DD can tell the difference due to subtle differences in the signature heartbeat.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    DD doesn't know Pete's secret identity anymore.

Don't know if there would be a difference in their heartbeat, since they're technically the same person. But the opportunity's clearly there for Waid to create whatever kind of pseudo-science rule he wants!

Marvel Handbook Rule 32,400,256, 197: In case of mind-swap/personality transfusions, DD can tell the difference due to subtle differences in the signature heartbeat.
    He doesn't need to know his identity to know its not him. In fact DD is probably the best person for that kind of thing.

Also like I said he could just be reacting to the fact SM is going hard at him.

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

And not just that, but subtleties of body language, movement, and other involuntary physical cues that distinguish one person from another even if they're identical twins, which is also how Daredevil was able to tell that Ben Reilly wasn't the same Spider-Man as the one he knew back in the latter period of The Clone Saga.
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

He doesn't need to know his identity to know its not him. In fact DD is probably the best person for that kind of thing.

Also like I said he could just be reacting to the fact SM is going hard at him.
    Yes he does Peter revealed his identity to all the Avengers and pretty much all the heroes know who he is well except for the X-Men.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas-Con View Post
    Yes he does Peter revealed his identity to all the Avengers and pretty much all the heroes know who he is well except for the X-Men.
    IIRC he only revealed his identity to the New Avengers + Captain America.

It was kind of telling in Avengers #2 that he was the only approached while in costume, rather than out of one.
    Last edited by EuphemismForSex; 12-31-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    Bad news everyone...

I think Daredevil will initially suspect, from the way he's acting, that it's *not* Peter Parker. And will be shocked to realize that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I think Daredevil will initially suspect, from the way he's acting, that it's *not* Peter Parker. And will be shocked to realize that it is.
    I would think that a superhero (at least at that point) would suspect mind switching. Especially since DD has never had a reason to doubt his abilities. Plus he is blind so removing the mask won't help much.

I would think that a superhero (at least at that point) would suspect mind switching. Especially since DD has never had a reason to doubt his abilities. Plus he is blind so removing the mask won't help much.
    You know, it's tough question. At what point do you expect the heroes to begin searching for more 'fantastical' explanations as opposed to more realistic ones? I think it's totally reasonable to suspect it at *some* point, but I don't think you want to pull the trigger too quickly on it either.

It's not like it's impossible that Peter'd begin to crack under the strain of being Spider-man, etc etc.

This is honestly a tough conundrum for any writer.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

So looking forward to this. We get to see Superior Spiderman in action.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You know, it's tough question. At what point do you expect the heroes to begin searching for more 'fantastical' explanations as opposed to more realistic ones? I think it's totally reasonable to suspect it at *some* point, but I don't think you want to pull the trigger too quickly on it either.

It's not like it's impossible that Peter'd begin to crack under the strain of being Spider-man, etc etc.

This is honestly a tough conundrum for any writer.
    It's only incredibly, incredibly unlikely. It would make most sense for drastic shifts in behaviour to be taken more seriously than a mood swing among Peter's contemporaries. Especially in this case with DD, both with regards to Shadowland and the recent Brother Voodoo arc in New Avengers (Daredevil was actually able to sense the spiritual possession in that arc). The New Avengers (as a team and the individuals in it), for the most part, have had a history with mind games (although at this point which hero hasn't). AvX was another recent example.

I don't think any character for a second would think Spider-Man attacking Matt on the street would not go unnoticed or provoke further inquiry. The longer they stretch this, "no one has figured out it's not Peter yet," business the more ridiculous (sounds impossible, I know) eventually they're going to stretch the suspension of disbelief too far.
    Bad news everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    It's only incredibly, incredibly unlikely. It would make most sense for drastic shifts in behaviour to be taken more seriously than a mood swing among Peter's contemporaries. Especially in this case with DD, both with regards to Shadowland and the recent Brother Voodoo arc in New Avengers (Daredevil was actually able to sense the spiritual possession in that arc). The New Avengers (as a team and the individuals in it), for the most part, have had a history with mind games (although at this point which hero hasn't). AvX was another recent example.

I don't think any character for a second would think Spider-Man attacking Matt on the street would not go unnoticed or provoke further inquiry. The longer they stretch this, "no one has figured out it's not Peter yet," business the more ridiculous (sounds impossible, I know) eventually they're going to stretch the suspension of disbelief too far.
    Well, I think we know there's going to be investigations, judging by the covers we've already previously discussed. Let's just hope they hit the right notes rather than the wrong ones on what gets said.

All I'm going to say is: "Meh"