Default The Flash #15 Preview!

About time, feels like I haven't read Flash in months.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14706
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

Still can't buy this Patty character as Barry's lover as most fans over the last 50 years knew Iris as his reason for living and the love of his life. Patty seems more like a Carly Cooper clone, correct me if I am wrong from Spider-Man, and I have absolutly no interest in this whinny character.

I thought Manapul was going to do the art on this one, but it appears to be Marcus To again. Still looking forward to it. Also enjoying Turbine kicking ass.

As for the Iris/Patty debate. I have not read much of Barry's old series, and his pre-Flashpoint characterization was too aloof to make his and Iris's marriage meaningful. So I do not care if he and Iris never get back together, but they likely will in the end.

Metal Woman

Man this book loses SO much when Manapul does not do the art. It's just not the same experience at all.

They've tried to give him fill-in artists that match his type of facial expressions and general pencilling style, but they should be trying to match his creativity and energy, as that would be a better treat. Go with someone like Freddie Williams or Mahmud Asrar who would give you something exciting or beautiful. The fill-in artists on this book have been very dull, and that is so NOT Flash.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

I think Scott Kollins should be the go to fill-in for Manapul.

Gotta like Turbine but I still miss Iris. Dammit Iris where are you :P

Quote Originally Posted by twobit View Post
    Still can't buy this Patty character as Barry's lover as most fans over the last 50 years knew Iris as his reason for living and the love of his life. Patty seems more like a Carly Cooper clone, correct me if I am wrong from Spider-Man, and I have absolutly no interest in this whinny character.
    To be fair, Patty has been around since the 70s, so she at least has history with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Punter23 View Post
    Gotta like Turbine but I still miss Iris. Dammit Iris where are you :P
    So what is Turbine's role now? Is he hero or villain? I thought I read he was going to be one of the Rogues.