View Poll Results: Isn't Doom supposed to kill?

Voters
26. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Be Careful How You Vote Troll, Doom has killed many heroes and supervillains

10 38.46%
  • The King of Latveria is no executioner, it is a pleasure to sit watching Marvel destroy itself

3 11.54%
  • Magento? Doom feels sympathy, he endured the same holocaust and I feel for Wanda

1 3.85%
  • Time is endless as is my hatred Doom's enemies die When they least expects it

1 3.85%
  • Kingpin shall face execution for exporting drugs and guns to my country

1 3.85%
  • Stark and Rogers...I respect them...they also have potential to rule as absolute autocrats

0 0%
  • Doom has already conquered the galaxies many times child

0 0%
  • Norman Obsborns insolence will not go unpunished

0 0%
  • Magic states killing a blackcat, even a Wakandan cat is bad luck

0 0%
  • Cold blooded murder a petty victory and Doom is never petty

3 11.54%
  • Cassie insulted Doom's true love the Witch and Cassie also attacked Doom himself

3 11.54%
  • I bide my time with Richards, his woman Susan carries my bloodline with Frank and Valeria

1 3.85%
  • Millions of my gypsy brothers and sisters died under RedSkull, he will die in my gulgas

1 3.85%
  • A killers personal vendetta!? The welfare of my Latverian people is more important

1 3.85%
  • Beyonder was killed! the supreme being of your universe... DOOM!!

1 3.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i will when Doom learns to spell kneel.
    Latverian spelling, dude.

And Doom isnt a villain, he is one of the many powered people who have been made to look like villains by the evil Illuminati who control the world. And the Illuminati actually exists in the comics!!

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

I'm surprised how Doom has never killed anyone important. I never thought about it, but wow... yeah... he REALLY drops the ball, then (considering how many people he fights). So to be clear... Ragnarok has killed more stars than Doom... WOW!!!

Epic fail, Doctor Doom!
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Latverian spelling, dude.

And Doom isnt a villain, he is one of the many powered people who have been made to look like villains by the evil Illuminati who control the world. And the Illuminati actually exists in the comics!!
    And Reed is part of it! Blame Richards!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I'm surprised how Doom has never killed anyone important. I never thought about it, but wow... yeah... he REALLY drops the ball, then (considering how many people he fights). So to be clear... Ragnarok has killed more stars than Doom... WOW!!!

Epic fail, Doctor Doom!
    CASSIE LANG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    CASSIE LANG!!!
    That matters.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

Epic fail, Doctor Doom!
    Has Ragnarok killed anyone besides Bill Foster?? Not to be cruel but he's 2nd or 3rd tier level at best like Cassie.

Except for some aberrations like Unthinkable, Doom generally kills when its expedient and not on a whim. He's let the FF walk away almost as often as he's tried to get rid of them. The first time he killed, there was a price on his head and one of the Latverian border patrol was going to collect on it. Rather than facing execution he killed the guard in self defense. Yet there he felt more shaken by it than exhilarated or triumphant. Oh, he did kill Cassie recently but that was when he was flat on his back and off balance after being attacked. I thought her death was very contrived and it was pre-ordained by Heinberg,who chose to use Doom as the means for her to pay the price for having her father brought back to life. His body count is a lot lower than a lot of heroes one could name, like Wolverine.

Doom wants to have an audience to witness his greatness and you can't go around killing potential subjects for his empire.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    CASSIE LANG!!!
    Who?!?!?!?

But seriously, Dr. Doom's sense of honour has always been something I've liked about the character. He's a 'keep em at the end of your barrel' kinda guy, never pulling the trigger unless he absolutely has to.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Who?!?!?!?
    says the guy with the paste pot pete avatar.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

He killed future Invisible woman in Millar's run.

Umm, ok i voted, "Cold blooded murder a petty victory and Doom is never petty" but the poll choices are rather strange. I chose this one cause it actually answered the question posed. I like the thread though.
    "Chronicles defame me, chemicals enflame me! I was born to rule your world and none shall ever tame me!" Oderus Urungus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind Dinamo View Post
    A perverted slaughter of mutants....some of which may be innocent....Doom does not partake in such assdickery..... the Kt'kn creature, Wolfgang von Strucker, the souless Zorba, Fury, the Marquis and Richards....yes these people engage in perverted terroristic slaughters and have killed many latverians
    Well of course he would try and make them see the error of their ways, but the X-Men are nothing if not a dogged and persistent bunch, and Doom simply would not allow any harm to come to Wanda.

Kinda off-topic, but any word about Parliament of Doom? I'm looking forward to that alot more than Age of Ultron.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    Kinda off-topic, but any word about Parliament of Doom? I'm looking forward to that alot more than Age of Ultron.

Since Hickman was leaving the title to move on to the Avengers, that development was resolved Fantastic Four #611

Here's the thread with spoilers that discusses how the story ended.
    I wish it could have been more but at least Hickman didn't leave it as a dangling plot line.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    Technically, Reed killed the Thing while Doom was wearing Ben's body like a puppet. But he kills plenty, he just doesn't make a show out of it most of the time.
    I think Reed's kids may actually be Dooms

media.tumblr.com
    comicvine.com

Generally Doom doesn't kill anyone because then they won't serve him.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!