Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    You're in a thread where some people want one character to kill / punish / humiliate another character. What do you expect? Consider it similar to rival sports teams. Some people are going to take it deathly serious. Others are going to have fun with it.
    Wanted to get your opinion on what if T'Challa did that to Atlantis. Would you want Namor to get back at Black Panther?
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    Where has it been stated that they want Namor dead? Just asking. Would like to see a source.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=39799

One questioner asked which character the panelists would like to see dead. "Tom Brevoort," joked Lowe.

However, Alonso said he wanted Namor dead, while Lowe finally settled on Thor.

Really need a sarcasm smiley on this board.

It's hardly a valid comparison, based on one similarity. Robin the Boy Wonder is far more popular and well known than either Aquaman or Namor, being the sidekick of DC's most popular, or second most popular, character who has been in print pretty much continuously since his inception. Grant Morrision KILLED off Batman, that doesn't mean Namor = Batman.
    Yeah I had a feeling you were joking but I wasn't quite sure.

I was mostly joking anyway, I know there are a lot of differences between Namor and Nightwing that determine their situations.

Well glad that didn't happen. That's good.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

now that is funny!
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

BANNED

Wanted to get your opinion on what if T'Challa did that to Atlantis. Would you want Namor to get back at Black Panther?

Quoting this, because I want Namor/X-fans answer to this, too. If Wakanda demolished Atlantis or Utopia, they'd be screaming for revenge (not justice, but revenge).

And the reason I included X-fans is because they made some of the most hateful statements towards Panther/Wakanda. All because T'Challa married their token black alpha female.
    Last edited by Superman Priime; 01-03-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Sure, on a basic fan level, IF it was happening in a Namor book, but more importantly, I'd want a good a story that dealt with a complicated situation that didn't make me roll my eyes. But I doubt that would happen, as I'm still waiting for a resolution / appropriate punishment for Tony, for what he did to Atlantis.

However, I don't _expect_ Marvel to compromise Iron Man as a character to give Namor any, much less every satisfaction. I don't believe Marvel NOT doing that is some sort of insult to Namor fans and bi-racial people. I don't believe Marvel NOT doing that is some sort of conspiracy to make sure Namor never wins.

As much as we fans think of the characters as people who should react to everything that happens to / around them on panel, the truth of the matter is that isn't going to happen. They are only going to used to further some story that a writer wants to tell. Stuff that we think is pertinent is just going to get ignored, if it has nothing to do with that story. So, it basically gets reduced to fans talking smack at each other -- which can be fun ... or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    Quoting this, because I want Namor/X-fans answer to this, too. If Wakanda demolished Atlantis or Utopia, they'd be screaming for revenge (not justice, but revenge).

And the reason I included X-fans is because they made some of the most hateful statements towards Panther/Wakanda. All because T'Challa married their token black alpha female.
    Yeah, like that's not a hateful statement right there. LOL!

There was more to that little fracas, than just _marrying_ Black Panther, but it's beyond rational discussion and there's no use talking about it.

More to the point, are you saying that BP fans want justice? Or revenge?

Sure, on a basic fan level, IF it was happening in a Namor book, but more importantly, I'd want a good a story that dealt with a complicated situation that didn't make me roll my eyes. But I doubt that would happen, as I'm still waiting for a resolution / appropriate punishment for Tony, for what he did to Atlantis.

However, I don't _expect_ Marvel to compromise Iron Man as a character to give Namor any, much less every satisfaction. I don't believe Marvel NOT doing that is some sort of insult to Namor fans and bi-racial people. I don't believe Marvel NOT doing that is some sort of conspiracy to make sure Namor never wins.

As much as we fans think of the characters as people who should react to everything that happens to / around them on panel, the truth of the matter is that isn't going to happen. They are only going to used to further some story that a writer wants to tell. Stuff that we think is pertinent is just going to get ignored, if it has nothing to do with that story. So, it basically gets reduced to fans talking smack at each other -- which can be fun ... or not.
    Osborn did send Namor to kill Tony and Namor should did try and do it. Also Namor was the one that blew up his so and Atlantis. What do you think would be a suitable way for Namor to get back at Tony though? Kill him? Beat him up pretty bad? As I said he did try and kill him. Just want to hear you're take and what you think would be right.

Groupthink is Groupthink neohuey89's Avatar

I'm not really big on fantastic four, but what is Reed's relationship with Namor. Given that Reed and T'Challa are sworn brothers now would Reed jump into that fight? Would he simply mediate it? I'm sure someone will take Namor's side, but is there any reason Reed may be upset?

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    Yeah I had a feeling you were joking but I wasn't quite sure.

I was mostly joking anyway, I know there are a lot of differences between Namor and Nightwing that determine their situations.
    Yes, it's hard for me to convey, and read, tone on a forum.

I honestly had no idea that Didio wanted Nightwing dead, as I don't keep up with DC.

Well glad that didn't happen. That's good.
    No kidding. And it's not the first time. I think it was John Byrne that had to save Namor from some idiot editor that wanted to kill him off a few decades ago -- he did it by claiming Namor for the FF editors.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    now that is funny!
    You should try to find the video of it, Monty. You'd have loved Alonso's eviiiiiil expression when he said it.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I'm not really big on fantastic four, but what is Reed's relationship with Namor. Given that Reed and T'Challa are sworn brothers now would Reed jump into that fight? Would he simply mediate it? I'm sure someone will take Namor's side, but is there any reason Reed may be upset?
    LOL! @ someone taking Namor's side.

Reed and Namor's relationship is a bit complicated, and over the decades has been written across the spectrum from 'kill each other' to 'friends you can count on.' Myself, I don't see them as friends, in the commonly used sense of the word. There's always going to be Susan between them -- but that's both a good thing and a bad.

I don't think Reed particularly wants to go home and tell Sue he did anything to Namor.

We've no idea of the parameters and meaning of Reed and T'challa's bond.

Generally speaking, Reed tends to make his decisions on what he thinks is the most logical action, even with his friends. I often wonder if he actually has a calculation for a friendship quotient, that he factors into his decisions.
    Last edited by Rheged; 01-03-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    Which is sad really. Marvel can try to put him in as many books as possible and he still cant sell.
    BP only lasted as long as he did because he was a favorite of Joe Q's. Now that he's no longer EiC how many solos is T'Challa going to get now?
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Groupthink is Groupthink neohuey89's Avatar

I'm sure boy scout Captain America isn't going to let T'Challa kill him and weren't Dr. Strange and Namor somewhat friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    BP only lasted as long as he did because he was a favorite of Joe Q's. Now that he's no longer EiC how many solos is T'Challa going to get now?
    Axel had already said in an Ask Axel that due to the role Hickman will have BP in on the avengers, he will most likely be a breakout character this year and a shoe in for another solo.
    Creepy Black Brotherhood Member

Brother Judge will leave you in Fudge.