Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Marinna Smallwood called
    Lol. Nice jab sir! Nice jab!

But Marinna did die. So .....
    Last edited by NamorsTrident; 12-31-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey10 View Post
    Can't happen. They put it on the table and now it HAS to be addressed which it's beginning to starting with the war between Wakanda and Atlantis . As a BP fan I will feel seriously cheated if it isn't addressed and Namor gets off cleanly in the end.
    In total agreement. I love both characters, but BP needs to get back at Namor for what was done. I can guarantee you Namor would do the same without hesitation.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    In the Coming Issues of New Avengers we will have the Reunion of Black Panther and Namor.

how do you Expect and how do you want this to go, should we get a Walkanda vs Atlantis War in the future?
    This one of the things I'm most looking forward to with this series. And yes, Wakanda and Atlantis should to to war.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    Namor should laugh at T'crappa, remind him he slept with the Stormbot in AOX and then remove his head and spine. He could finish with spitting the corpse.
    He could certainly try that shit, but I'm sure T'Challa, who'd probably please Sue and any other chick Namor had the hots for better than Namor could, has plans in motion to filet fish-boy's ass. Oh, please believe, the Panther has something up his sleeve for Namor.

Oh, and while we're at it, Emma's slut ass needs to be punished, too. She set the whole thing in motion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    Oh, and while we're at it, Emma's slut ass needs to be punished, too. She set the whole thing in motion.
    hmmmm....... T H I S OMG

Speaking of skid mark nations, how are Genosha and Utopia Isle?
    For the Win Sir

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    do you have a scan of the scene? i remember Emma taking him aside and basically playing off of Namor's baser instincts. she knew that Namor would attack when Cyclops wouldn't.
    No scans, but what he said in Consequences about the Phoenix possession making him feel like a krill lost in the currents tells me how much control he had.

And Colossus was completely unlike himself.
    And Emma was completely unlike herself... if we're to accept her "hooker with a heart" makeover.
    And Scott was completely unlike himself. And frankly, at the end there, he did much worse than Namor did in Wakanda.

Illyana was the closest to herself, but she didn't really have far to go.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Aaric Rivad View Post
    supermanwins

I know Marvel and other companies had weird things happening but...don't mention the racial segregation on Vathlo Island.....Superman had some creppy offensive stuff in his books

He could certainly try that shit, but I'm sure T'Challa, who'd probably please Sue and any other chick Namor had the hots for better than Namor could, has plans in motion to filet fish-boy's ass. Oh, please believe, the Panther has something up his sleeve for Namor.

I DO think Emma played Namor like a violin there... but at the same time I think she did it so subtly that her finger prints are essentially invisible.

She technically only pointed Namor in the right direction... she never actually TOLD him to do anything. And that's a sign of a good puppeteer... she got him to do what she wanted in a way where essentially was all his idea.

The ONLY person that knows enough about what happened to throw Emma under the bus is Emma. But I don't think his pride would allow him to even consider the possibility of her manipulating him. So in regards to Wakanda, I think Emma is gonna get away with it.

And in her defense, it's not like we actually know Emma wanted him to attack all of Wakanda. It's POSSIBLY she just wanted him to attack the Avengers, and Namor himself was the one that decided to take things as far as he did. Though in hindsight I suppose Emma probably should have saw that coming, even if that's not what she actually wanted.

This is going to sound really douche but Black Panther fans should be happy Walkanda got flooded by Namor.

It's the most interesting BP has been in years and it's simply because everyone is wondering how he will respond..... if he responds at all.
    Last edited by NamorsTrident; 01-01-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    This is going to sound really douche but Black Panther fans should be happy Walkanda got flooded by Namor.

It's the most interesting BP has been in years and it's simply because everyone is wondering how he will respond.
    I think that's kinda subjective though, as I've found him pretty interesting in the fast few stories and books he's been involved with.

Unlike a lot of BP fans on these boards I liked Doom War. And I thought BP: Man Without Fear was the best BP book we've gotten since Priest. But I certainly agree that the current stuff creates a lot of potential as well. And it essentially uses the same rationale used since Doom War... stories stem from bad stuff happening. That's the fuel which feeds dramatic tension in stories.

So I do agree that storywise, I think Wakanda getting flooded will be good for the character. It gives writers something big to play with. And ultimately I think we'll walk away from this with a more uber Black Panther than we got going into it.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

What if you are a fan of Wakanda itself as a concept?

Personally, I don't like the idea of Wakanda ending up like Haiti. It should still be the mysterious yet powerful nation it was made to be by Kirby and Lee.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    So I do agree that storywise, I think Wakanda getting flooded will be good for the character. It gives writers something big to play with. And ultimately I think we'll walk away from this with a more uber Black Panther than we got going into it.
    Exactly. Black Panther is/was a little boring to most folks because in truth the character has to many "good things" going for him. Now that his Technological Paradise is beneath the sea we might actually see more depth from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    What if you are a fan of Wakanda itself as a concept?

Personally, I don't like the idea of Wakanda ending up like Haiti. It should still be the mysterious yet powerful nation it was made to be by Kirby and Lee.

Wakanda will be "magically" restored to what it was as soon as the writer wants it too. Hickman himself returned Wakanda to it's default setting after what happened with Doom War... and I'm sure Hickman himself or the next writer will do the same after Hickman is done with whatever is going to happen to Wakanda next.

That's just how it works. It's no different than Stark Industries going bankrupt every few years in Iron Man, or Asgard being Ragnorocked every few years in Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Wakanda will be "magically" restored to what it was as soon as the writer wants it too. Hickman himself returned Wakanda to it's default setting after what happened with Doom War... and I'm sure Hickman himself or the next writer will do the same after Hickman is done with whatever is going to happen to Wakanda next.
    Given that the Marvel Universe's top minds and heaviest hitters just converged on the place, I'm sure they'll put it back together -- unless T'Challa tells them they might as well be rearranging the chairs on the Titanic compared to what's really happening.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    Exactly. Black Panther is/was a little boring to most folks because in truth the character has to many "good things" going for him. Now that his Technological Paradise is beneath the sea we might actually see more depth from him.
    That has to be the craziest thing i have ever heard. For that matter lets just take away starks armory, or dr strange sanctum. If more depth is needed then writers need to invest in truly knowing something about the character. A solid writer is easily able to write good stories about Panther providing they have ability. I dont see reed richards being left without his resources just to be written good **See Hickman**
    Comfortably numb is my state of being!