Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Muggles + Wizards ( covert ops with squad tactics ) vs wizards, who would win ?

no nukes, air strikes, artillery strikes, missile strikes, use of tactics that violate the geneva convention, so no genetic, chem or bio warfare, plus no use of more than a company of troops, though use of tanks and other armoured vehicles as well as gunships, but no fighters, air superiority or otherwise, but use of high altitude recon flights

presume that the muggles have developed ways to counter the charms and spells that wizards use to mind wipe or confuse muggles, and that the muggles have found ways to make small arms, gunships and tanks and other armoured vehicles work within the wizards world and that the muggles can see places such as hogwarts

however, the muggles are a covert operation that can work with good wizards, but is limited to fielding perhaps a company or troops, utilising squads for the most part, throughout a battlefield such as the battle of hogwarts

jet packs might exist as an option for the muggles

thoughts ?

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

So you bump 5 threads about this, and then make your own?

Couldn't you have just STARTED with this step?

Not that I mind the trip down memory lane, but still...

The best way to not look like you're spamming is to not post the exact same thing in several different threads in an attempt to get people to post in your thread, for the record. The threads will eventually re-die on their own if you leave them alone.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

the more threads you restart the more chance there is of responses

by restarting those threads the people who were passionate for the topic resurface and if they want to restore the talks then they can centralise the conversation at the fresh thread

i'm actually with a vast project that's that's just started the semi public phase, were we pick out ideas and thoughts on the topic of the muggle military within the potter world, plus people who want to promote the topic with us, through the project

i won't say more of what it is at the moment, as this thread is for the thoughts of the vs topic presented, and the forum administrator i've run this by, says wen it comes time to post more of the project there are set forum parts for that

thanks

so thoughts on the vs topic presented with this thread ?

Awwwwe... I LIKED the "Which Fantasy Universe could we beat", and you went and got it locked. Smooth move TEMOS.

Ron Weasley curbstomps everyone.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Ron Weasley curbstomps everyone.

Hawt Catgirl Hermonie??

The Exterminator The last dalek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEMOS View Post
    the more threads you restart the more chance there is of responses

by restarting those threads the people who were passionate for the topic resurface and if they want to restore the talks then they can centralise the conversation at the fresh thread

i'm actually with a vast project that's that's just started the semi public phase, were we pick out ideas and thoughts on the topic of the muggle military within the potter world, plus people who want to promote the topic with us, through the project

i won't say more of what it is at the moment, as this thread is for the thoughts of the vs topic presented, and the forum administrator i've run this by, says wen it comes time to post more of the project there are set forum parts for that

thanks

Dont use these forums as an advert

hey i went to the trouble of checking things would be okay with the forum administrator through emails previous to restarting threads. okay so we didn't cover multiple restarts, but i figured if i could restart one thread then i could restart others. now one guy said i shouldn't be posting the same sort of posts on each of those threads, but to be fair those posts valid per thread, clearly connected to the thread's content so who cares if there were several threads with similar posts from me. they were similar threads, thus similar posts were valid

i reckon it was the fact they were simultaneous posts pretty much that meant the moderators went for reflex moves. their response is understandable, but i wouldn't say it is right of them. it wasn't spam was it

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

It's not spam if you do it only on one thread.

But when you necro 5 different threads to say the exact same thing, you're basically putting 5 old threads on the front page where only one would have sufficed due to your posts in each thread being identical. That's spam.

i'm not, i haven't mentioned what the project is called, what it's actually for, what it's actually about, where it is, e t c

calling that advertising is similar to a product advert on television that says " hey you do you want to buy a toothbrush ? it's a great toothbrush but we won't say why we think that , we won't even show you a picture and we won't say where to buy it , or even when it's coming out "

i'll post the project in the artist forums when it's time, as the forum administrator told me to

it's only spam if it's unrelated to the thread it's posted in. if it's unrelated then it isn't spam. if there's five threads saying " what do you call those armoured things that use tracks and have a rotating turret" , then would the answer " tank " on every thread constitute spam ? of course it wouldn't , it would be a valid response to each of the threads

i know what i'm doing , i wouldn't have gone to the trouble of talking with the forum administrator before posting my posts if i was out to break the rules would i ? a rebel without a care hardly goes for a meeting with the headmaster to talk through the possibilities before tearing up the school

so if we could return to the thread itself

Muggles + Wizards ( covert ops with squad tactics ) vs wizards, who would win ?
    no nukes, air strikes, artillery strikes, missile strikes, use of tactics that violate the geneva convention, so no genetic, chem or bio warfare, plus no use of more than a company of troops, though use of tanks and other armoured vehicles as well as gunships, but no fighters, air superiority or otherwise, but use of high altitude recon flights

presume that the muggles have developed ways to counter the charms and spells that wizards use to mind wipe or confuse muggles, and that the muggles have found ways to make small arms, gunships and tanks and other armoured vehicles work within the wizards world and that the muggles can see places such as hogwarts

however, the muggles are a covert operation that can work with good wizards, but is limited to fielding perhaps a company or troops, utilising squads for the most part, throughout a battlefield such as the battle of hogwarts

jet packs might exist as an option for the muggles

thoughts ?

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

No, it's spam because it's redundant and takes up space without actually adding anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by TEMOS View Post
    if there's five threads saying " what do you call those armoured things that use tracks and have a rotating turret" , then would the answer " tank " on every thread constitute spam ? of course it wouldn't , it would be a valid response to each of the threads
    The fact that there are five such threads in the first place is spam.

Obviously, the fault lies with the person making redundant threads in the case of new threads, but for necro'd threads, the fault lies with the person bumping each thread to say the same thing.