Default What do you think is the worst Gaming console ever made.

I used to think it was the Sega x32 or the Sega CDX, and even the Atari Jaguar. But then Mattel came out with the HyperScan. One of the worst Gaming console ever made. The list goes on and on, on how they @$*$@# this one up. The console was made for kids 5 to 10 years old, but the games, even the one packed in with the console was all rated T for Teens meaning only 11 to 18 year old could play there games. It only had one USB 2.0 slot, the rest was tech that came out in 1985, and this thing came out in 2006 and was discontinued in 2007. So, this thing came out with 1984 tech to go against the Xbox 360, PS3, and the Nintendo Wii. Oh, and it was CD base, when we are using DVD and Blu-rays. And then there's the loading times, the Neo-Geo CD beats that thing in Loading time. And the Neo-Geo CD cameout in 1984 I think. And the Controllers suck and used PS/2 ports. and you can only hook it up Composite Video, Because the Composite Video hook ups where hard wired into the back of the HyperScan. So, no way to hook up a Component video to the thing. So yeah, the Mattel's Hyperscan wins by a Long LONG stretch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	061012_hyperscan_hmed2p.grid-6x2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	106528

Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

Action Max

or Virtual Boy

Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

those systems have had games you could play and maybe enjoy.

http://www.giantbomb.com/r-zone/60-103/ R-Zone...... ughhhhhhhhhhhhh! I had one, I busted it after a while with a hammer!

The Phillips CD-i.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
    those systems have had games you could play and maybe enjoy.

http://www.giantbomb.com/r-zone/60-103/ R-Zone...... ughhhhhhhhhhhhh! I had one, I busted it after a while with a hammer!
    I know about the R-Zone. But, it failed for the same reason the Virtual Boy did. Both where using red-Spectrum 3D Graphics, and both hurt your eyes. In fact both more being the Nintendo Virtual Boy could even do some Damage to your eyes if you play them both to long. I know this Because my brother got a Virtual Boy. And my god did it hurt my eyes just after a few Minutes of play. The R-Zone was using the same crap but for one eye. And no, Virtual Boy had 0 games that you could play and enjoy, not without having to feel your eye where being set on fire. And even that was better then seeing a Company like Mattel that used to make Gaming console like the Intellivision, drop the ball so badly like with the Hyperscan. But then again Atari that made the Atari 2600 did make the Atari 5200 and the Atari Jaguar and Jaguar CD add on. Just like Sega and all there Gaming consoles after the X32 add-on for the Genesis. And yes, I see Sega Genesis as one of the best Gaming consoles. The Sega CD add-on was ok, but the X32, it just sucked.

yeah, the Phillips CD-i did lead to some of the worst Zelda games ever made. LOL

Most people didn't even know it was a thing, Apple failing at another thing that doesn't have an i in front of it, and bandai being carried along for the ride.
    Virtual boy had 2 good games at least.
    Sort of why i wouldn't pick the supergrafx...it had like 5 games, but 2 of them were good.

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

CDi had a few good games at least. Problem was that it was like 1000 dollars to buy the stupid thing at the time.

3DO even had some cool games, I used to play need for speed on it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Virtual boy had 2 good games at least.
    I Remember a someone trying to tell me that Nintendo 3DS was worst then the Virtual boy. And I call BS on that. He keep telling me that the 3DS keep hurting his eyes. The 3DS can hurt your eyes, but the Virtual boy made me feel like some put Lighter fluid in my eyes and light them on fire. PS my Brother got the Virtual boy thinking it would be the next big thing. So, I can tell you from Experian that the Virtual boy can Cause permanent damage to your eyes. It was all that so called red-Spectrum 3D Graphics that did the most damage. But anyways, if there was this so called 2 good games on the Virtual boy, I've never played them. I was to busy screaming in pain from the Virtual boy to even see if there was any kinda good games for it.