Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Well, Michael Lane isn't the Heretic.

I'm just confused as to which "Third Batman" she's referring to. Michael Lane, or his appearance in Batman #666. He still wasn't the Heretic. They're not even the same race.

Maybe it isn't that complicated to figure out. The satanic cult that killed Lane's family were actually Talia's men? She originally had Dr. Hurt create his own three Batmen, but for the third man, she put extra special care into?

I propose a Bat-Pets ongoing series staring Alfred the Cat,Titus the Dog and Bat-Cow the infected dairy.
    RIP Knight.I'll strangely miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    I propose a Bat-Pets ongoing series staring Alfred the Cat,Titus the Dog and Bat-Cow the infected dairy.
    I'd read it.

Morrison is just a master comic writer. I don't think this story moved the plot along that much but it was still an excellent read. One that leaves me wanting more, and that's something Morrison is very good at.

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    Count me in! They could do it like Beasts Of Burden – it would be a guaranteed SMASH.

BANNED

Yeah I still really hate Morrison's Talia. I know Morrison seems to be doing a terrorism allegory, but there's just no nuance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah I still really hate Morrison's Talia. No nuance at all.
    Talia sucked until now. I never cared about her before this story.

BANNED

Never mind.

So is Heretic the future, third Batman and not Damian? He reminds me of TDKR Bane.

Burnham's layouts are fantastic, but I'm now getting bored with this story.
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 01-02-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Never mind.

So is Heretic the future, third Batman and not Damian? He reminds me of TDKR Bane.

Burnham's layouts are fantastic, but I'm now getting bored with this story.

It seems kind of contradictory to what we've seen so far( unless Heretic believes to be Damian to a point where he could pass as him without us noticing the difference).
    The fact Talia intends him to be the future Batman doesn't mean it's going to be him in the end. At least, that's my take on it so far. The issue does play it both ways so far (Damian receiving a cat he names Alfred).
    I liked the issue, but not quite as much as the others. Still, I'm strangely sad about the Knight being murdered.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    I liked the issue, but not quite as much as the others. Still, I'm strangely sad about the Knight being murdered.
    ...Huh. My first read through, I didn't get the idea that he was dead at all. I just assumed that, since Morrison's threatened to kill these guys at least three or four times already, that nothing really happened again. Looking at it again, that "KRAK" definitely means that if Knight isn't dead, he's probably going to wish he was.

I thought it was clear that 666 Batman/Damian/Heretic is the Damian clone that Talia began making when Damian was injured back in Batman and Robin.

I guess I'm reading too much into it since others here are putting forth theories as to what's happening.

I'm curious to know how Talia knows about Bruce's dream though.
    "John Stewart. LAME! ...this guy having a ring is like giving the batmobile to a blind old woman with her left leg in a cast."

"Pym biting Blobs head off seems like something that would have happened when i was ten years old and playing with action figures."

"i always assumed that [the blob] had the same powers as his 616 counterpart because, if simply being a huge fat guy was enough to be considered a mutant then there sure are a lot of mutants in 'real life'. "

One guy's take -

Bruce is wrapped up in seeing the crux of things being Damian under his instruction. What we've seen is a possible future.

Heretic would skew that entire possible outcome. What Talia is talking about is Heretic and her current group destroying Gotham now.

It does look like it's coming down to Heretic vs. Damian for all of the marbles.

Are we getting alfred the cat because alfred the butler is being killed off shortly?
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post
    I thought it was clear that 666 Batman/Damian/Heretic is the Damian clone that Talia began making when Damian was injured back in Batman and Robin.

I guess I'm reading too much into it since others here are putting forth theories as to what's happening..
    That was my assumption too.

The book has been flawlessly executed with Burnham's layouts, but the plot is starting to bore me now. We get it, Talia is psycho, now move on with the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post

I guess I'm reading too much into it since others here are putting forth theories as to what's happening.
    No, I think that's right, but there will have to be some sort of super-growth explanation!

I'm curious to know how Talia knows about Bruce's dream though.
    Leviathan is EVERYWHERE. She probably has the Batcave bugged and heard Bruce talk about it.

UPDATE: Bruce told Damian about his dream at the end of the last issue when they were all still inside that big house that Talia set up, so she definitely would've heard the conversation.
    Last edited by AJM; 01-02-2013 at 01:23 PM.