Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default BATMAN INCORPORATED #6 Preview/Discussion

Bat-Robots versus Man-Bat armies as Leviathan takes control of Gotham City!
    Don't miss the return of The Heretic!

Full article here.

Not gonna look because I don't want anything spoiled.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

They let Andres Guinaldo touch this book??? Oh, man, I can't wait to see all the misplaced gauntlet spikes. I really hope he's drawing characters out of costume.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 12-31-2012 at 06:16 AM.

Aaaaaaaaaand Bruce Wayne's eyebrows continue to scare me.
    I hope waxing them off is Talia's master plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaand Bruce Wayne's eyebrows continue to scare me.
    They're King Mob's eyebrows. And Dan Dare's.

Those faces...smh.
    BB

This is the Batman i love. Confident and head strong.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Oh, hey Alfred. Be seeing you in Batman: The Dark Knight 15 this week too!

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    They let Andres Guinaldo touch this book???
    Yeah, sucks. If they need fill in, fine, but at least get someone who could potentially fit well enough, like I don't know, Aaron Kuder? Instead of having him do a few pages of Green Lantern New Guardians here and there before taking the book on full time this month, could have used him a lot better elsewhere. Or hell, Pere Perez. He's matched styles realy well with Ryan Sook, Lee Gabrett, Yanick Paquette and Tony Daniel. He's the optimal fill in guy in my opinion.
    Last edited by FHIZ; 12-31-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Every Batman fan should be picking up this book. I can't believe we are at the half way stage already.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

There's something funny yet sad about Bruce's pleading to Talia to talk about this like normal people.

Lovely as usual. This seems to be tonally closer to those first few pages in Nu52's Batman Inc. # 1, all tragedy and seriousness, with a very angry-looking Batman and the first hints of the Gordon-Batman relationship not looking so good (did anyone else notice Gordon still has the Batman pin on his lapel he received pre-Nu52?), rather than the relatively more light-hearted stuff we've seen in the rest of this excellent series (O.K., excluding the apocalyptic # 5 alternate future, maybe).
    The fill-in art credit alarms me a little, but only because I think Chris Burnham completely and utterly destroys whoever they could possibly match him with. Then again,this first few pages looked pretty seamless to me...

The Livewire

I'll admit at first glance I didn't see the scales in Damian's hands and thought he was covering his eyes to avoid seeing them kiss.

Aw man, I hope the fill-in work is some flashback or something. I was really hoping for this entire series to be Burnham for consistency's sake. I'd personally would have preferred for Kubert to have done the previous issue (minus the part where it pans back to the present) than for some meh fill-in for a few pages in this issue (assuming it stays in the present).

I bought the comic last week. Andres Guinaldo blended in with Burnham quite well.

Anyways, the issue is good, but there's not much forward momentum, which is starting to become a problem. I think we all saw the ending cliffhanger coming.
    Last edited by Mac!; 12-31-2012 at 01:41 PM.

I have a theory that The Heretic is Damian from the future. Has anybody else considered that?
    For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out Batwatch