Thread: Fatale, #11

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Fatale, #11

The first of four standalone FATALE FLASHBACK issues, and a perfect place for new readers to jump on board. Welcome to 1930s California, a hard place to be for a girl on the run. Witness Josephine's early days with the Femme Fatale curse, and see some of her elusive secrets revealed.
    And remember each issue of FATALE contains extra content, articles and artwork that are not available anywhere but the printed single issues.

Full article here.

looks great as always. Can't believe there's next to no discussion on this title here.
    Gimme gimme shock treatment.

I read the first five or six issues, and I thought it was a very unoriginal story and not well written. I like to think other people think the same, and that's why there's no discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eumenides View Post
    I read the first five or six issues, and I thought it was a very unoriginal story and not well written. I like to think other people think the same, and that's why there's no discussion.
    Actually, it's just so great that it leaves one speechless.

All joking aside, the current one-shot issue is fantastic as usual. I loved that the writer, clearly based on Lovecraft, lived in Cross Plains, Texas, which was Robert E. Howard's hometown.
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Actually, it's just so great that it leaves one speechless.

All joking aside, the current one-shot issue is fantastic as usual. I loved that the writer, clearly based on Lovecraft, lived in Cross Plains, Texas, which was Robert E. Howard's hometown.
    Indeed, greatness speaks for itself and Fatale has it in spades.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Just read this and it was a great issue as always. One of my favourite things being published!
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

In case no one else reads the back of these books, I'm excited to have heard a few back that this is officially an ongoing now. Brubaker said they were going to stop at something like 9 at first, then 12, then 19, then he reconsidered why he kept feeling the need to conclude this one so fast. This being his best selling ip may have had something to do with this too though

government's watching you matt levin's Avatar
    western Massachusetts, USA; rural, river valley

I also really like this series, one of several (but of only a few compared to the majority available) that really holds up, even expands, on re-reading. I suspect I'll be reading Fatale for as long as it goes...
    Walking Man Comics

Age/Bronze-A.S.Westrn-AstroCity-Amelia-CourtneyC.-Brody'sGhost-DD-Dial H-Fables-Fatale-Fell-Goon-Groo-Hellboy-Mudman-NextWave-Rocketeer-StarDrop-Thief-Usagi-Wolff/Byrd-Unwritten

i've heard many a-good-things about this title. but it was always in the middle of an arc or something when i wanted to check it out. i hate not knowing what's going on. these four stand-alones will help me determine if it's Pull List time again. i just got #11, but haven't read it yet. and i like Brubaker & Phillips too, so that's a plus.
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

This issue was great, of course. I was a little worried about it being a stand alone but I should have known. It was as good as the rest. This is turning into one of my favorite comics.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls

Great Issue. There is one thing I am not clear about. Near the end Ravencroft says he knows why McVicar's charms didn't work on him and why he could see what Jo was (or something to that effect). Was that explained or is that a mystery?

As an aside, though the character was clearly Lovecraft inspired, his suicide after the "death" of his Mother was more R E Howard.

This is one the awesome series that writer Ed. Brubaker produces awesome one .just plane awesomeness in works .
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light