View Poll Results: Which Avengers Deserve Their Own Solo Films?!

Voters
132. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Black Panther

73 55.30%
  • Carol Danvers

71 53.79%
  • Hercules

13 9.85%
  • Wonder Man

5 3.79%
  • Spider-Woman

27 20.45%
  • Luke Cage

43 32.58%
  • Warmachine

11 8.33%
  • Other

33 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    I'm not necessarily saying Ultron has to be the villain but I hope we see at least a prototype for what will become Ultron. Sry if I wasn't clearer. Any word on who the actual villain will be?
    no official word; only speculation. some think it will be Advanced Idea Mechanics. others suspect Egghead (who was the villain in Pym's season one book and is mentioned in the most recent indestructible hulk preview).
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    no official word; only speculation. some think it will be Advanced Idea Mechanics. others suspect Egghead (who was the villain in Pym's season one book and is mentioned in the most recent indestructible hulk preview).
    Egghead could be good as long as the make-up FX (if they use any) don't look fake. I image they would want him to look bald and cone-head-ish.

AIM would be cool too and could transition from the Avengers movie. Did they ever specifically name the Loki's possessed agents that Hawkeye brings aboard the Helicarrier? He mentioned something about "S.H.E.I.L.D. having enemies" and would be cool if some were AIM agents but doubtful.

I wouldn't mind M.O.D.O.K. being a villain either though I don't necessarily think of him as an Ant-Man villain.

It would also be cool to work Scott Lang into the Ant-Man movie as well.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Egghead could be good as long as the make-up FX (if they use any) don't look fake. I image they would want him to look bald and cone-head-ish.

AIM would be cool too and could transition from the Avengers movie. Did they ever specifically name the Loki's possessed agents that Hawkeye brings aboard the Helicarrier? He mentioned something about "S.H.E.I.L.D. having enemies" and would be cool if some were AIM agents but doubtful.
    A.I.M will officially be introduced in the next Iron Man movie. a set leak showed one of their research facilities.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9...kdk1qmzbxf.jpg
    http://www.comicvine.com/aim/65-1349...x/105-2386710/

I wouldn't mind M.O.D.O.K. being a villain either though I don't necessarily think of him as an Ant-Man villain.

It would also be cool to work Scott Lang into the Ant-Man movie as well.
    M.O.D.O.K would be cool. i don't think that he has faced Pym before. but MODAM was heavily involved in a Pym storyline; impersonating his first wife.

oh and there was an early rumor that Pym would be squaring off against the Radioactive Man. i those plans fell through.
    Last edited by Monty_Cristo; 01-08-2013 at 02:33 PM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Despite being a fan, I really don't think Marvel's Hercules is worth it. The only exception might be one based on Layton's miniseries (Herc in SPACE-ACE-Ace-ace).

BP, Carol, Luke (either solo or with Iron Fist), Black Widow, Namor, War Machine.

Sorry, I'm not going to see any movie about any damn bow and arrow guy.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    wonder man only if he is openly gay
    why would he have to be gay?
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    because he's a superman analog? :shrugs:

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post

Just my opinion.

Because I'm not a huge wm fan. I think the traditional character adapted to the movie verse would only highlight his absurdness.

( insert part here where I break down the redundancy of wm demographic or how his power set isnt at all "grounded or real worldish" but am not interested enough to really break it down)

If he was gay, I mean it would be interesting. I think it would explain why a man calls himself wonder man lol.... So in summary and the record my comments where anti wonder man being interesting. Pro gay, as I think it would be cool if done right.
    Last edited by FriendRoss; 01-08-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Agree, I especially loved the costume design they used as well.
    Agreed. Hands down the best costume. I always thought the cape was a bit much.
    I like swords.

Just my opinion.

Because I'm not a huge wm fan. I think the traditional character adapted to the movie verse would only highlight his absurdness.

( insert part here where I break down the redundancy of wm demographic or how his power set isnt at all "grounded or real worldish" but am not interested enough to really break it down)

If he was gay, I mean it would be interesting. I think it would explain why a man calls himself wonder man lol.... So in summary and the record my comments where anti wonder man being interesting. Pro gay, as I think it would be cool if done right.
    He'd only be interesting if he was gay? You realize he isn't aware there is another universe with a Wonder Woman right? Your argument makes no sense.
    I like swords.

I agree that Doctor Strange would be a good choice for a solo film. It would open up Marvel movie universe to a new dimension of story telling that hasn't even been used yet. It would also help to make the Avengers team more well rounded in future sequels.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I voted Carol Danvers. Of all of Marvels female characters I think she would be most able to carry her own movie. Pretty much for these reasons.....

I do want to see more Black Widow but I think she would work better in a SHIELD movie as opposed to on her own. Black Widow, Hawkeye, Fury and Hill.
    Yeah, I'd want a movie about those guys. Fury, Hawkeye, Widow and Hill. I don't know if any of them could carry a movie alone, but I'd love to see them all together in a film. I also want to see a Mark Ruffalo Hulk film. They finally seem to have found their footing with that character. The way the character was written and Ruffalo's performance were a breath of fresh air for the character, who is usually written to be kind of dour and bland. I feel like the funnier, more heroic Banner could carry a film far better than previous iterations.

Just my opinion.

They wouldn't even need to call him Wonder Man necessarily. I've noticed that in a few superhero movies, they seem to avoid using the code names as anything more than a reference, ie Selina Kyle never being called "Catwoman" in DKR or Rhodey never actually being referred to as War Machine in IM2 (except for Tony Stark's remark about "Do you think you can be the hero? You think you can be the war machine?").

Because Wonder Man is a pretty silly name (and I could see them putting it in there as a joke), but the character is pretty damn cool and a classic Avenger. Then again, I think I recall that Whedon isn't a fan of the character, so it's probably a moot point.