View Poll Results: Which Avengers Deserve Their Own Solo Films?!

Voters
132. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Black Panther

73 55.30%
  • Carol Danvers

71 53.79%
  • Hercules

13 9.85%
  • Wonder Man

5 3.79%
  • Spider-Woman

27 20.45%
  • Luke Cage

43 32.58%
  • Warmachine

11 8.33%
  • Other

33 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    extra on the Thor Blu-Ray
    Ah. I don't have that one. Thanks!
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by wayfarejourneyman View Post
    I am certain he is, but that boxing scene really sold me on his the physicality needed to be Cage. Besides, he looks like some of the versions of Cage I've seen:
    He could definitely play the part but he seems like hes more into dramatic roles. I dunno if he'd even be interested in a superhero movie.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

He could definitely play the part but he seems like hes more into dramatic roles. I dunno if he'd even be interested in a superhero movie.
    I gue$$ that depend$ on what Marvel $tudio$ ha$ to offer.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Black Panther and Carol Danvers. I would love to see solo movies featuring these two. With how Marvel handles their films now. These could be big.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but a Scarlet Witch & Vision movie could be cool. It would be hard for audiences to buy the woman fell in love with an android bit.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    Black Panther and Carol Danvers. I would love to see solo movies featuring these two. With how Marvel handles their films now. These could be big.
    That's exactly what I answered as well. I think a strong movie showcasing these two could lead to a legitimate following.
    It boggles me that Black Panther doesn't get more love. Especially after that awesome portrayal in the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes series. He's like Marvel's version of Batman only better.
    I think Carol can be Marvel's premier super heroine if handled correctly. But she needs a good PR push that a movie would bring.

Those two are the best candidate for success in my opinion. Though personally I'd love a Black Knight movie I recgonize the issues that would have.
    I like swords.

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    It boggles me that Black Panther doesn't get more love. Especially after that awesome portrayal in the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes series. He's like Marvel's version of Batman only better.
    Agree, I especially loved the costume design they used as well.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Other. Captain Britain.

No. Seriously.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

i want Jim Hammond and Namor as part of an Invaders movie.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Captain Marvel aka Carol Danvers: Marvel has been unsuccessful in making her their premier female hero within comics (although they usually are unsuccessful with making anyone premier when they actually try anyway), so they need to ingrain Carol on the consciousness of the populace. Just as kids are now thinking of Iron Man more then ever thanks to the movies and cartoons plus Captain America and Thor have become household names they need to push Carol out there with a solid movie and great showing to make her the next great female hero that they can have stand alongside the likes of Wonder Woman and Storm.

Black Panther: The amount of cred you could get with giving one of the first and best African/Black superheroes a movie. Not to mention, in the hands of the right creative forces you can really do something epic in a different way than your average blockbuster. The character has the tools and among Black male actors there appears to be plenty of buzz, Marvel should do it and forge a new icon in the public's minds when it comes to who are the heroes kids and adults look up too.

Beyond that, Luke Cage I want in a buddy movie, Heroes for Hire with Iron Fist and that is about it for who else I can think could/should get the chance of a solo movie. Maybe Nova but we will have to see how Guardians of the Galaxy does. Oh, Dr. Strange and Namor but I consider them more Defenders then Avengers anyway.

I voted Carol and Black Panther as well as a lot of other people.

I would love a Carol movie, and the only thing I could've seen before holding her back was the Black thong Ms. Marvel costume. The fanboys love it, but the average movie going audience (which includes females) would've possibly rolled their eyes and not went. With the new Captain Marvel costume, I don't see anything holding the character back from a movie, other than a slightly convoluted origin, which they could tweak to make it work. I would love that.

Would also love a BP movie.
    And an Ant-Man/Wasp movie (not sure where the current Ant-Man movie stands).

But in reality we'll probably get a Black Widow movie before anything else, as SJ is a known actress/commodity, and they're gauranteed a certain amount of bank on that, whereas a Cpt. Marvel of BP movie, there's a lot of unknowns.
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

I wonder how they would do a Ms. Marvel origin story seeing as she is technically a legacy character. In a film I wouldn't mind them giving her Mar-Vell's origin and calling her Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i want Jim Hammond and Namor as part of an Invaders movie.
    I would love to see live-action versions of the original Human Torch & Submariner slug it out of the big screen like in Marvel Comics #1, then they could team up to save the world from Hydra or something. I think it would even work without Captain America & Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    Black Panther: The amount of cred you could get with giving one of the first and best African/Black superheroes a movie. Not to mention, in the hands of the right creative forces you can really do something epic in a different way than your average blockbuster. The character has the tools and among Black male actors there appears to be plenty of buzz, Marvel should do it and forge a new icon in the public's minds when it comes to who are the heroes kids and adults look up too.
    Yes to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Would also love a BP movie.
    And an Ant-Man/Wasp movie (not sure where the current Ant-Man movie stands).
    Honestly I hope Janet & Ultron are big parts of this movie other wise whats the point, right.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

I wonder how they would do a Ms. Marvel origin story seeing as she is technically a legacy character. In a film I wouldn't mind them giving her Mar-Vell's origin and calling her Captain Marvel.

I would love to see live-action versions of the original Human Torch & Submariner slug it out of the big screen like in Marvel Comics #1, then they could team up to save the world from Hydra or something. I think it would even work without Captain America & Bucky.

Yes to this!

Honestly I hope Janet & Ultron are big parts of this movie other wise whats the point, right.
    i don't think it'd make any sense to have Ultron be part of an Ant-Man origin movie. Ultron came rather late in the overall continuity. it's more an Avengers villain than an Ant-Man villain.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i don't think it'd make any sense to have Ultron be part of an Ant-Man origin movie. Ultron came rather late in the overall continuity. it's more an Avengers villain than an Ant-Man villain.
    I'm not necessarily saying Ultron has to be the villain but I hope we see at least a prototype for what will become Ultron. Sry if I wasn't clearer. Any word on who the actual villain will be?

I'd like to see Doctor Strange, but only if it's not an origin story.