View Poll Results: Which Avengers Deserve Their Own Solo Films?!

Voters
132. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Black Panther

73 55.30%
  • Carol Danvers

71 53.79%
  • Hercules

13 9.85%
  • Wonder Man

5 3.79%
  • Spider-Woman

27 20.45%
  • Luke Cage

43 32.58%
  • Warmachine

11 8.33%
  • Other

33 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    "Barman Begins".
    I agree! Having Black Panther serving up cocktails would def make him more interesting. To me, anyhow. :p
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

I'm surprised Carol has so many votes. I'd prefer a Hercules film spun off Thor and following the Pac run, but can't deny that Carol has a strong showing.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

In order:
    1. Carol Danvers
    2. Spiderwoman
    3. Black Widow (the film NEEDS more women)
    4. Black Panther (it writes itself)
    5. Hercules
    6. Luke Cage
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Udoubtedly, of those, I'd say Black Panther is the most deserving. Luke Cage is probably next, though I'd prefer to see a classic Power Man take than Bendis' generic angry black guy version. Hercules, in the vein of the Pak/Van lente series could be fun, also. And, just by personal preference, Wonder Man.

Peace

I noticed a couple people mentioning Namor, awhile ago I heard a rumor that he would be getting his own live action short to tie him into the Avengers franchise. I know Marvel is doing some live action shorts but did anyone else hear that?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

First I've heard of it.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Unfortunately, I don't know much about Hercules or Wonder Man so I can't vote for them. Out of the rest, Black Panther, Iron First, and Dr. Strange are the only ones that I feel wouldn't thematically overlap with the other Marvel movies that are being put out. You can explore a lot of new territory with those three characters as opposed to someone like Black Widow, War Machine or Carol Danvers.

For movies with female leads, Jessica Jones (Alias run) and Captain Universe would be good choices but most of my suggestions would fall outside of the Avengers. The premise for a Dust solo could make for an extremely interesting and powerful story (something that would scream Emmy's if done right) as long as the X-Men are left out of it. A Sue Richards centric movie that concentrated more on how she deals with keeping the family together in the midst of all the crazy stuff the FF go through would be better then the typical "let's go save the world from bad guys" focus. I also think Scarlet Witch has led an interesting enough life to make into a solo. Hell, even a Jubilee vampire movie would be really interesting if it didn't take itself seriously (humorous/over the top). I'd imagine most casuals who've heard about that character in the X-Men would be curious about it.
    Last edited by Voss; 01-02-2013 at 06:09 AM.

If we're gonna have Danvers be the Marvel equivalent to Wonder Woman, I think having her front a solo movie would be a good start.

Hercules would be fun, though Luke Cage: Power Man, Captain Marvel and Black Panther would be ones I think most deserve it. If Ant-Man's comedy/action shtick goes well, then Herc should definitely be next in line.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Darkhawk and Hercules!

Spider-Woman, directed by Tarantino....how cool would that be?

Iron Fist
    Wonderman
    Hawkeye
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

Black Panther by far IMO

Carol Danvers
    Black Panther
    Hawkeye
    Black Widow

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

Namor, if not just to beat DC.