View Poll Results: Which Avengers Deserve Their Own Solo Films?!

Voters
132. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Black Panther

73 55.30%
  • Carol Danvers

71 53.79%
  • Hercules

13 9.85%
  • Wonder Man

5 3.79%
  • Spider-Woman

27 20.45%
  • Luke Cage

43 32.58%
  • Warmachine

11 8.33%
  • Other

33 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xenigma View Post
    Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel seems perfectly suited for the big screen, between the great costume, military background, and simply being a female hero. I'd also like to think Hawkeye has the potential to carry a successful film after a strong showing in The Avengers, though I don't think it could be anything like his current solo comic.
    I dunno, I'd pay good money to see him dive naked across the screen, with that floating Hawkeye head covering up what needs to be covered up.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Can Marvel even make a Spider-Woman movie or are her rights owned by Sony?

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Hercules

Iron Fist

Doctor Strange

Luke Cage

Daredevil (needs another shot at it)

Taskmaster (udon take on it where it's a highly skilled individual getting revenge against an employer who has cheated him)
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Get those rights issues worked out and deliver an entertaining Scarlet Witch movie. It's pretty simple - just let Fox take Quicksilver, nobody cares about him anyway and there are tons of Wanda stories you can tell without him.
    I Agree as well, I indeed want to see Scarlet Witch in a Movie, and it would be great to see her in her own movie (most likely we would see Wanda as a character in something like Avengers, Iron Man or Captain America).

The others I want to indeed see are Ms. Marvel, Black Panther and War Machine
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

Black Panther
    Hercules
    Wonder Man
    Luke Cage

Yeah, I'm the guy who voted for Wonder Man.
    Death is light as a feather,duty heavier than a mountain. - A saying in the Borderlands

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers should be an obvious choice. As someone above posted, her background, costume & powers would lend themselves well to a movie.

My second choice would be Spider-Woman. If they went more towards a darker, super spy bent I think it would work. Plus I just love the character.
    Not all who wander are lost....

Grayson fanboy. TheGoshDarnBatman's Avatar

Strange and the Cage/Fist team are both just screaming for films. Carol would work.

And I think Hawkeye's solo comic could work as a film. It's rather serialized so not a direct adaptation obviously but the tone and the look could work. Not until Phase Three though. Clint had the wit and charm in The Avengers necessary to make the Fraction/Aja Clint work but they were rather subtle. If Avengers 2 plays them up a bit more then I could see it working better.
    Call me A.J.
    Hawkeye, Batman Inc., Batman, Daredevil, The Amazing Spider-Man, All New X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers, Fantastic Four, FF, Thor: God of Thunder, Detective Comics.

Black Panther and Danvers.

And at least one of them should happen.

I'd watch a film about everyone you've listed there. Of the list, I think Carol is probably the one I want to see most.

I'm really hoping that we end up getting a Bucky and Widow solo adventure after the next Cap movie. That would be the film I wish to see most.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

The vision and the scarlet witch. The android and the mutant witch. The mix of technology and magic , will be something unique.

Dr. Strange could be interesting and maybe could lead to another team/ franchise the Defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by celticguy View Post
    Dr. Strange could be interesting and maybe could lead to another team/ franchise the Defenders.
    Surfer's a Fox property though. :(
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

I think Hulk could stand another go-round, with Ruffalo, and Black Widow could easily carry her own movie.

That said, if we're talking about characters who haven't already appeared in the movies, Luke Cage and Iron Fist seem like they'd work well. Preferably together, but separately would be acceptable.
    Expletive Deleted

Dr. Strange seems like a no brainer to me considering how big fantasy is now.

Black Panther would work really well on the big screen. Think of a cross between "Coming To America" and
    "Barman Begins".

You could get a great action movie or two out of either Luke Cage or Iron Fist. That is in addition to the buddy movie.

"Salt" and "Long Kiss Goodnight" could easily have been Black Widow movies.
    Come to think of it, Kiss came out a way while ago so they could just remake it with Black Widow as the heroine.

Dr. Strange or Voodoo. Or Mantis.
    Psylocke